Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Added to the cabins you should NOT book, write down cabin E127 on Ecstasy. It is smaller than other cabins of the same category and has a pole when you walk in that would sure annoy me walking around at night. I took some pics of that cabin if someone is interested in that particular cabin.

Serene...you are the Cabin Queen :D How do you know SO MUCH about SO MANY cabins? Have you been cruizing all your life? You are an EXCELLENT source of information. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge with us :D

awww (blush blush) no actually on the first and last day of our cruise we spend a considerable amount of time looking at various cabins and categories.

Only been on 13 cruises since 2000 and the Crown Princess next week might be our last since we discovered land vacations--Spent a week in Aruba this past Sept and thought I was in Heaven.

Added to the cabins you should NOT book, write down cabin E127 on Ecstasy. It is smaller than other cabins of the same category and has a pole when you walk in that would sure annoy me walking around at night. I took some pics of that cabin if someone is interested in that particular cabin.

Please post your photos in a seperate posting.. In the Subject line type in Ecstasy E127

But in your body of the post include all the ships that will be the same.

That way when someone---anyone looking for that particular information and they google it-- they will be turned to that post.

Sorry to hear the cabin was not the same- and never heard about a pole in a carnival ship. (what kind of pole--maybe a water pole? or one that holds wiring? I for one would love o see the pictures

My pictures are awfully dark of E127. The cabin was shorter than a regular cabin and you entered the bathroom off the main cabin, not off a hallway. If you look on the deck plans you can see this cabin is turned sideways, but its not clear its also a smaller cabin. The pole is right when you come in.

I snapped these pics when the cabin attendant was making up the cabin, not great pics, but you can clearly see the post is right when you walk in and if you are at all mobility challenged, this would be a bad choice of a cabin. Its listed as a regular 4E on the deck plans. Great location, bad cabin.

E127 backs up sideways to the midship elevator shaft. Cat 4E. Should be discounted!!!

803682786_Picture015.jpg.a093bcdcbec097472ecbefd0dca7473b.jpg

1167344299_Picture016.jpg.6857f63893056ce615b241eb420a1cbf.jpg

1031170623_Picture017.jpg.aca1ffe09c222c44cb726802476f593a.jpg

We had Handicapped cabin E123 which was nice to have. I wanted to make a note that there are no true HC accessible cabins on Carnival Fantasy class ships, they all have a lip into the bathroom. The bars were nice and the seat in the shower my sister loved. The bed was hard as a rock. The cabin steward said it was because it was a new mattress. Might have been a different bed frame? I saw a post on the Carnival threads where someone else just getting off Ecstasy said the same thing, hardest cruise bed he ever slept in and he was upset because he was in a suite. They closed the thread saying he was a troll, but our mattress was also like a rock.

Here is one of the pics of the lip into the bathroom of E123 and why I said Fantasy class ships are not 100% accessible in HC cabins, there is still a lip to navigate into the bathroom if you are in a wheelchair.

247589396_Picture027.jpg.92ea48164c08d40bc66836fcf80804a8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
WE ARE IN THIS CABIN ON 4/9/09 PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IT IS. MY HUSBAND HAD A STROKE, IS PRETTY DISABLED AND WILL BE USING A WHEELCHAIR. I STILL HAVE TIME TO CHANGE CABINS IF NECESSARY. hELPPP, I'M REALLY GETTING NERVOUS

Are you posting to me? The cabin was fine, but as I mentioned NO cabins on Fantasy class ships are totally HC, because there is a lip on the bathroom. If he cannot get out of the wheelchair, then you will have to pull it up the lip which is maybe a inch an a half or so? Its not nearly as big as a regular cabin. No other cabin on this ship is going to have a bathroom without any lip at all.

The shower was nice, it had a large seat that pulls down to sit on and a bar in the back and on the side to grab and the shower is handheld. You might have to give him soap and shampoo from the dispenser, my sister couldnt reach it from a sitting position. You still have a hallway to where the beds are to push the wheelchair thru. My sister uses a cane, so the cabin was good for us.

265920577_Picture004.jpg.cf17aa7de3a6d8e1ea12de5e12acb6df.jpg

1131523073_Picture005.jpg.8aa428c3b73658763842ab8bc4e9d048.jpg

137593102_Picture007.jpg.d36a990c2b1b9358d0ed5b89cdd212f9.jpg

Edited by firefly333

As I said, all Fantasy class cabins have at least a small lip in the HC cabins, so it's not a simple matter of changing cabins. You would have to change ships altogether. I have more pics of the cabin if you want to see them. The first one shows the hall next to the bathroom, or part of it. We had the beds separated.

It was a great location. One deck up to go to dinner in the aft. One deck up to go to the main theater entrance (we dont do the upper deck because of the stairs).

Iv got more pics but they are mostly just different angles. If you want to see more let me know which area of the cabin. Insides and OVs on this ship are the same size, so moving to OV wouldnt help either.

1950269731_Picture008.jpg.d095612310f38d73ea16f6b340726c77.jpg

1878671743_Picture009.jpg.8ba373137cfcee9c86273b8bfa8a55e4.jpg

607453737_Picture027.jpg.0d802c0ff1169ad54940824c1efca39a.jpg

If you want to sleep past 5:30 AM DO NOT get this cabin. Right outside the door is the main stewards closet where all the cabin stewards fill their carts with supplies for the day. They started working at 5:30 everymorning and all we heard was this door slamming shut constantly. One morning they even dropped several glasses and they broke in front of our door. When we opened our cabin door around 7:00 am they had just piled up the broken glass and left it there. The room itself was fine but unless you are an early riser avoid this room!

Carnival Freedom Balcony 8C 7381

Anyone know if this room is a good bet? Cabins above and below so I thought it might reduce chances of unwanted noise exposure, even though it is somewhat in proximity to elevators.

We just got a quote for our cruise and it said we can be guaranteed a room on the SPA deck. Any insight into these cabins?

hmmm, either its a guarantee or a set cabin number.

if you are taking a guarantee-- you could get upgraded to a higher deck.

From reading--- the spa deck is smoke free. Certain balconies come with spa amenities. (but these cabins costs a deal more then reg balconies.)

find out what amentites you would get-- and cost reference them to what you are paying extra.

We have cabin E733,it is right at the back,I wonder how far you would have to walk to the other end of the ship where the restaurant is?can you request a change before you sail?the good side of this ,we will get some exercise in..........

Edited by bajan queen

We have cabin E733,it is right at the back,I wonder how far you would have to walk to the other end of the ship where the restaurant is?can you request a change before you sail?the good side of this ,we will get some exercise in..........

Its really not that bad of a walk- its a smaller ship. When are you sailing?

hmmm, either its a guarantee or a set cabin number.

if you are taking a guarantee-- you could get upgraded to a higher deck.

From reading--- the spa deck is smoke free. Certain balconies come with spa amenities. (but these cabins costs a deal more then reg balconies.)

find out what amentites you would get-- and cost reference them to what you are paying extra.

I thought the non smoking spa deck cabins were only on the Splendor and newer, not the Valor:confused:

We have cabin 6223, this is right above the Ixtapa lounge. Anyone stayed there? Is it noisy?

you should be fine- your are over the seating area and not the stage area. DId youbook this as a guarantee cabin or was it given to you when you booked?

58811233aesVUd_th.jpg

I thought the non smoking spa deck cabins were only on the Splendor and newer, not the Valor:confused:

It is supposed to be going fleetwide- I just dont remember when. And its certain cabins-- that have the special features. Not all cabins on the spa deck get the amenities

This is an inside cabin on Empress deck but is on the outside of the ship. I'm worried about what is on the outside wall - staff stairs, utility room, etc. and if there could be a lot of noise. Anyone familiar with it?

This is an inside cabin on Empress deck but is on the outside of the ship. I'm worried about what is on the outside wall - staff stairs, utility room, etc. and if there could be a lot of noise. Anyone familiar with it?

the cabin is an inside cabin- the white area behind the cabin IS empty space

under and over other cabins-away from public areas. your cabin is fine.