Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We are booked on the Carnival Splendor in ocean view room 2348. Thought it looked good, right smack dab in the center of the ship, 220 sq ft room. Now I am concerned with noise from the Black Pearl Dining Room. Anyone ever stay below a dining room and have problems?:confused:

dining room is carpeted- you wont have aproblem with noise from that area.

you dont want to go back any further-- that will put you under the galley which could get you noise.

Hi all,

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I stayed in cabin 9205 on Conquest in February. I researched it here and it had mixed reviews. It was lovely, Cat 11. The room is odd shaped, very large. The bridge was one floor below and slightly forward of us, so we could see the officers look out with binoc's etc.. Anywhooo.. quiet room, was really pleased, would do it again.-

maryann

As of right now im booked in 2244, an inside room on the main deck. Prices dropped and we can now upgrade to a 4E cabin on either the verandah or empress deck. We aren't sure what do do??

Upgrade to the 4E?

Take the on board credit for the price difference and stay in 2244?

Pay $5 more per person for a 4F room on either lido or verandah

or

Pay $10 more per person for a 4G room on either panoamah or Lido deck

HELP?!?!

Don't book Cabin 7108 on the Radiance of the Seas if you have three people in your cabin. This cabin has a sofa bed but, when the bed is pulled out, there isn't any way to get to the other beds without climbing over it....This isn't necessarily a huge problem unless you are traveling with an elderly parent. What a nightmare cruise.

As of right now im booked in 2244, an inside room on the main deck. Prices dropped and we can now upgrade to a 4E cabin on either the verandah or empress deck. We aren't sure what do do??

Upgrade to the 4E?

or

HELP?!?!

what ship-

how much of a cabin credit?

if the new cabin is under the galley--or a kitchen area--forget it --no matter of money would be worth the noise you would hear.

ll inside cabins are exactly the same...being on the lido deck means you are closer to the food/pools

Edited by serene56

Carnival Sensation E206 is this room a good room? Well any room is good on a ship!! Is there any obstructions for this room? Is it more rocky? ( I hope I said this correctly)!LOL

E206 is an inside cabin- you get no view so there is no obstruction.

It is under the dining room-- which is carpeted so there should be no noise.

You are close to the aft elevators/stairs which puts you very close to the food/pools

Voyager of the Seas - 9570

Junior Suite

Looks like cabins above and below.

Across the way is "nothing" on the floor layouts - I assume that is ok.

I havent looked at the deck plans, but usually you dont want to be across from a white space, as they are often noisy areas. Could be crew storage for linens or dishes or whatever, but white spaces I stay away from.

We will be on Voyager (again) in 2 weeks, whooo hoooo.

Upgrade to the 4E?

or

HELP?!?!

Assuming you are talking Conquest class ship, some of the front 4Gs have obstructed oceanviews. If one of the cabins in the front of the ship is open, Id grab that for the $10 extra in a heart beat. If not then it doesnt make too much difference. I love Lido deck, but the cabins will be the same.

The 4Gs in the front of the ship are also larger btw, they used to be 6Bs, but were all changed to 4Gs. The front ones are 220 s.f. compared to 185 s.f. on a regular inside cabin.

E206 is an inside cabin- you get no view so there is no obstruction.

It is under the dining room-- which is carpeted so there should be no noise.

You are close to the aft elevators/stairs which puts you very close to the food/pools

I'm sorry serene56. I think you may be looking at cabin E208 which you are correct is an inside room I checked and rechecked and I am booked in a category 8C E206 cabin which is a balcony. Thanks for the other information.

Cabin E206 6D OSTW 185 sq ft

Beds: twin/king rab:0

View: window

TV; telephone; 110 AC current; individual climate control; wall safe; 3-closets; shower; chair

SE: 8C OSTW / twin/king / rab:0

window and balcony / 220 sq ft (185/35)

what ship-

how much of a cabin credit?

if the new cabin is under the galley--or a kitchen area--forget it --no matter of money would be worth the noise you would hear.

ll inside cabins are exactly the same...being on the lido deck means you are closer to the food/pools

It's 30pp OBC on carnival valor. The rooms on the panoramah deck are under the spa. Massage rooms and what not.

Should I go for the upgrade?

Assuming you are talking Conquest class ship, some of the front 4Gs have obstructed oceanviews. If one of the cabins in the front of the ship is open, Id grab that for the $10 extra in a heart beat. If not then it doesnt make too much difference. I love Lido deck, but the cabins will be the same.

The 4Gs in the front of the ship are also larger btw, they used to be 6Bs, but were all changed to 4Gs. The front ones are 220 s.f. compared to 185 s.f. on a regular inside cabin.

Thanks for the info! ill try and get ahold of our vacation planner tomorrow to see if any are available!

It's 30pp OBC on carnival valor. The rooms on the panoramah deck are under the spa. Massage rooms and what not.

Should I go for the upgrade?

if you are under the spa area--massage area--should not be a problem with noise. As long as its not by the treadmills, or weigh machines.

30.pp is 60 bucks for a couple--would be paying for tips for one person. Personally-- I would stay put and take the money. I dont like being that far forward.

Edited by serene56

Does anyone have any details or experience about Suite 6203 on the Carnival Miracle? Any obstructions?

you wont be able to look stright down into the waters- lifeboats are on deck 4 below you. other then that--no obstruction

Has any one stayed here? Can you here the noise from the Windjammer above you ?

depends on exactly where the cabin is--if its under the kitchen area it could be noisy.

on the deck plans if you are in the area that is marked windjammer you are good.

I am looking at an oceanview on the Spirit, for an Alaska sailing. On the website it mentions a window or french doors with railing. Do the doors open - are you able to pop your head out and at least get a little fresh air?

These are the listed vacant cabins on riviera deck. 1208

which would you go with? Sorry for taking up so much space with this.

I am looking at an oceanview on the Spirit, for an Alaska sailing. On the website it mentions a window or french doors with railing. Do the doors open - are you able to pop your head out and at least get a little fresh air?

These are the listed vacant cabins on riviera deck. 1208

which would you go with? Sorry for taking up so much space with this.

Im not Serene, she will probably see your post to her tomorrow and reply. Just wanted to say that the cabins that have the french windows that are like a blocked balcony used to be 5As, but they were all changed to 4Fs now.

None of the OVs windows open, just the 4Fs that used to be the 5As. I'd rather have one of the ones that the windows open too, so you might want to go back and see if any of those are still open.

Anyone have any info on 7229 on Carnival Miracle? There's a lot of white space above it and to the one side, from what it sounds like this is bad? Can anyone confirm? Perhaps I'll just bring some ear plugs, just in case!

I generally try and avoid white spaces as they are often closets that the workers store cabin linens in or other things. If the workers use the white space, they seem to get up and start working about 5 am. Above the cabin, I wouldnt worry, but adjacent, could be a storage type area the cabin stewards are in and out of.

I generally try and avoid white spaces as they are often closets that the workers store cabin linens in or other things. If the workers use the white space, they seem to get up and start working about 5 am. Above the cabin, I wouldnt worry, but adjacent, could be a storage type area the cabin stewards are in and out of.

Thanks for the info Firefly! Hopefully it won't be too bad...I guess I'll find out in 54 days!

Does anyone have information or opinion between these 2 cabins on the Celebrity Millineum: either 6071 or 7155?

It's my first time cruising and I didn't realize all the questions to ask when booking. Thank you.

Terri

It's an odd shape due to a stairwell, but the balcony is larger than most, so I was considering booking it. Does anyone know about this type room. It is aft next to the wrap around room.

the balcony is longer.

We had this room booked on the Liberty. The cabin has more sq footage then a reg cabin but much of that cant be used.

here is my photos.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****