Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Serene56

I just wanted to let you know that we did enjoy cabin 5107 on the Pride. Other than an occasional hair dryer sound next door, we heard nothing.

Thank goodness they were not smokers as we could smell hair spray in the morning. All in all it was a great cabin, loved the balcony, even had a lounge chair. We napped daily on the balcony.

Linda

Voyager of the Seas

Two E1 Balcony rooms

6 elderly female adults total, split in to 2 rooms (1 may have a wheelchair)

They may also have our two little 1.5 year olds with them at times (on foot or in strollers) (our room will be on deck 9, just after of the forward elevators)

I have a few options and I'm trying to pick the best ones.

The two rooms don't have to be next to each other - but it would be "nice"

e1 available:

8536 – across from opening at stairwell, forward

8538 – across from opening at stairwell, forward

8560 – just aft of the forward elevators, across from inside rooms

8570 - across from a "void"

7592 - mid ship, across from inside rooms, but a ways from our room on 9

7594 - mid ship, across from inside rooms, but a ways from our room on 9

my thoughts:

8536/38 - sound good from just getting in and out - but worried about traffic

8570 - worried about void - could that be bad for a wheelchair parked out front? will attendants be opening and shutting a door all day (or do they leave it open)?

do you have an opinion?

8570 - worried about void - could that be bad for a wheelchair parked out front? will attendants be opening and shutting a door all day (or do they leave it open)?

do you have an opinion?

you can not park chairs out in the halls- Its a safety/firehazzard.

If its a regular chair then it can be closed up and stored in the cabin.

If its a scooter and you do not have an accessible room then you will need to store the scooter at the pursers desk and use a regular chair to get back and forth from there.

cabin stewards work from early am hours until noon- then back on the floor about 5pm til about 10pm. Theyhave a cart they keep in the hallway which they stock up from their closets. I will take a look at your choses when I come back from lunch

Edited by serene56

Voyager of the Seas

Two E1 Balcony rooms

6 elderly female adults total, split in to 2 rooms (1 may have a wheelchair)

They may also have our two little 1.5 year olds with them at times (on foot or in strollers) (our room will be on deck 9, just after of the forward elevators)

I have a few options and I'm trying to pick the best ones.

The two rooms don't have to be next to each other - but it would be "nice"

e1 available:

8536 – across from opening at stairwell, forward

8538 – across from opening at stairwell, forward

8560 – just aft of the forward elevators, across from inside rooms

8570 - across from a "void"

8570- i wouldnt worry about the white area across from this room- my worry would be whats the white area besides the cabin?? could be a utility cabinet.

do you have an opinion?

nothing wrong with 8536 and I wouldnt worry about traffic- most people are out and about--

i dont like 8560- its across the hall from a connecting room-- which could mean there is a family with little kids there--- not that i dont like little kids (after sailing one time with a huge family on one deck with me and it was nightmares all week)

I would use the one across the hall from the stairs/elevators.

you can not park chairs out in the halls- Its a safety/fire hazzard.

If its a regular chair then it can be closed up and stored in the cabin.

If its a scooter and you do not have an accessible room then you will need to store the scooter at the pursers desk and use a regular chair to get back and forth from there.

I don't know why I said wheelchair - she would rent a scooter if she needed it. Wow - I'm surprised you can't leave the scooters in the hallway. I know just 2-3 years ago on Grand Princess scooters were parked outside rooms. I don't know if its just not enforced on that ship or the rule has changed since then.

thanks for the thoughts.

I don't know why I said wheelchair - she would rent a scooter if she needed it. Wow - I'm surprised you can't leave the scooters in the hallway. I know just 2-3 years ago on Grand Princess scooters were parked outside rooms. I don't know if its just not enforced on that ship or the rule has changed since then.

thanks for the thoughts.

Im surprised the cabin steward allowed the scooters to be parked outside the cabin. First-- dont they need to be charged?

Were they outside the cabin because the person just was gonna be a few minutes. Those scooters should not have been parked there overnight. It is a safety issue.

\On the Corwn Princess we saw none.

A few years back was that before the Star fire?

I called RCCL and got a great agent (I think she said her name was Kennedy)...I wish I could ask for her when I call back but she said I couldn't :(

Anyway, she said the "big void" on the forward area of the Voyager is a Service Elevator - so workers could be getting on and off throughout the day. There are some other small voids (like the size of a cabin) and she said those have a pole running through them. Oh, she also said the area across from 8536 and 8538 is just a hallway, and that people aren't going to congregate in that area since the stairs open up on the other side (near/facing the elevators).

I just wanted to pass this along for future reference!

this was all in regards to Voyager E1 rooms: mal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> 8268,8270, 8536,8538,8560, 8570, 7592,7594

A few years back was that before the Star fire?

I don't know when that fire was (I don't have time to search).

Our last Grand Princess cruise was 12/05. We saw the same elderly couple on our floor in both 12/04 and 12/05. I distinctly remember him parking his scooter outside the room (near elevators I believe) overnight. He had pompoms and a horn...I always wanted to toot the horn. I thought it was funny that we both ended up on the same cruise and same floor two years in a row. I did not see it plugged in - I have no idea how he charged it.

I just talked to the "special needs" dept. She acted like you COULD leave the scooter out in the hallway, but they ask that if you have a small scooter to take it in the room with you (like where your coffee table is/was), or, she said the room steward can store it decks below and have it charged for you. So, it sounds like on RCCL, there is not a hard rule, but they ask that you help everyone have more room in the hallways and provide a safer environment (which we are all for when possible!!!)

We just upgraded from Deck 2 OV to Deck 8 Balcony cabins 8284 and 8276. Should we expect any problems with these cabins? It is DS, DDIL, and their 2 kids in one and DH and I in the other cabin.

Thanks!

no problems- they are under areas of cabin space.

I just recently booked a cruise and right now I have cabin 8181 I notice that this is under the Lido deck but not close to the pools from what I can tell. Do you think this will be a noisy cabin? Thanks in advance :)

I just recently booked a cruise and right now I have cabin 8181 I notice that this is under the Lido deck but not close to the pools from what I can tell. Do you think this will be a noisy cabin? Thanks in advance :)

the miracle (or any spirit class ship) is very good with sound proofing the cabins area-- you wont have a noisy cabin

thanks for the thoughts.

Iv seen scooters parked outside cabins too, if they wouldnt go thru the door. Iv been on the Grand Princess too, so maybe thats why and Carnival seems to allow it. Im not sure there is a rule that Iv ever heard? Never heard you might have to leave the scooter at the purser's desk and I travel with handicapped pax.

Got back today and there was some discussion about cabin 6263 on Voyager, a PR cabin. I knew it was over Sprinkles.... but I didnt remember how darn close Sprinkles was to the Cafe, my bad. There was a thread where someone else had that cabin on another ship.

If you see the window next to what looks kinda like a balcony sticking out inside and right above the C in Cafe ..... thats 6263. The Cafe sign stuck up and out and partically blocked the view down and it definetely blocked the view of that walkway where they stood in the last parade. I could barely see part of the walkwalk above the promenade.

This shows the window from the sign, its the window to the far right, above the Cafe part of the Cafe Promenade sign. The sign sticks out and up and you can see in one of these pics there are things out on the fake astro turk like the cam attached there. Not the best cabin if you want to look straight down at the parades.

842905742_Picture061.jpg.5bc38becb3bb1ed3b365c8fe099ca4d7.jpg

739591420_Picture062.jpg.9b6ca7a089d8575b6e72b0f621022e5b.jpg

How close to the bridge walkway was your cabin?

2557277990052141664RGYNiM_th.jpg

You can almost see part of the walkway in one picture. We were next to it, one deck down. Cant see it because of the sign sticking out though. We could look down across for the first parade, but not straight down or up to the walkway.. thats what I meant when I said the bridge they walk across in my above post, what you are calling the walkway. same same. We could see the very end of the bridge where they come out on the bridge across from us if we craned our necks and peered against the glass.

Any Info? Was told by CCL that this room is "inside" with deck/window.

it is sold as an inside room- it really is an obstructed oceanview. Your view will be a wall. the outside deckis accessible to everyone. not many people know its there. It is a far walk to the food/pools.

You can almost see part of the walkway in one picture. We were next to it, one deck down. Cant see it because of the sign sticking out though. We could look down across for the first parade, but not straight down or up to the walkway.. thats what I meant when I said the bridge they walk across in my above post, what you are calling the walkway. same same. We could see the very end of the bridge where they come out on the bridge across from us if we craned our necks and peered against the glass.

ok- now i understand- The first 3 cabins are not ones I would book because of the bridge-- I knew nothing about that sign.

As for scooters-- my mom has traveled on carnival along with a friend of ours that uses a scooter. Everytime we cruised that were told they cant leave them in the hall. One time my mom only left it there to go get something.

it is sold as an inside room- it really is an obstructed oceanview. Your view will be a wall. the outside deckis accessible to everyone. not many people know its there. It is a far walk to the food/pools.

I think I can live with that...thanks

ok- now i understand- The first 3 cabins are not ones I would book because of the bridge-- I knew nothing about that sign.

As for scooters-- my mom has traveled on carnival along with a friend of ours that uses a scooter. Everytime we cruised that were told they cant leave them in the hall. One time my mom only left it there to go get something.

I guess they are just doing their job about the scooters.

Our cabin was deck 6, so we figured we could see parades really easy. I could see it was above sprinkles, but didnt realize until I got there that sprinkles is not down from the cafe, its just a rounded countertop around the corner from it. same counter basically. When I had been in the cafe before I never looked that closely until I was right above the sign this time. I got the cabin as from a inside guarantee so I wasnt upset about the view, but I would have been had I paid for a PR. It isnt a cabin I would choose on purpose .... but it is convenient to the cafe if you love the cookies and biscotti!! :D