Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Hello, its me again. Finally selected a cruise, Valor again but we have to choose between cabin 1329 and 1369. Any advice? It's a 4B.

Thanks!!

1369- its closer to the elevator. FOod/pools are located aft so thats a lot of walking all week.

what type of cabin did you have on your first cruise?

You are aware that all your shows will be the same as your last one. Shows dont change maybe every 5-7 years.

Edited by serene56

1369- its closer to the elevator. FOod/pools are located aft so thats a lot of walking all week.

what type of cabin did you have on your first cruise?

You are aware that all your shows will be the same as your last one. Shows dont change maybe every 5-7 years.

I did not know that about the shows. That kind of stinks but what are you going to do now!! We did not make it to all of them so maybe we will catch them this time.

We had a OV 2300 It was a great cabin, did not feel anything. We decided to go a bit cheeper this time since we did not spend that much time in there anyways!!

I did not know that about the shows. That kind of stinks but what are you going to do now!! We did not make it to all of them so maybe we will catch them this time.

Im sorry about that. No matter what ship you sail your menu will be the same too.

The only ships we sailed two times was the Liberty and the Legend.

Unless you booked the SUper Saver rate you can cancel with no penalty and rebook on another ship leaving from the same port

We had airconditioning issues on Carnival Liberty's 9233. It was barely cold, although we are from Florida and like it COLD.

A few weeks before our cruise I read a review where others were complaining about airconditioning on this deck also.

We did call them twice and they came and *sort of fixed it.* It was never as cold as we both like.

Don't know if you are aware of this great site for seeing the layout of the ships. Much easier than the cruiseline sites. (I use the public part)

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/

I actually bought the lifetime membership to this site and really have enjoyed using it :) I like being able to see actual cabin pictures from people who have sailed in those rooms.

Just got back from the Carnival Splendor. Had 9260 - inside room. Do not book this! It is right next to the crew stairway! Awakened every morning at 5:am to LOUD banging! This was in addition to hearing crew up & down the metal staircase at all hours. There is also some sort of a drai that you hear water going through often. The stairway goes all the way down the ship so I'm sure all rooms next to it are noisy.

Well, I tried searching and just can't find the answer I need. I'm looking at the Conquest. The only 1A's left are 1207 (all the way forward with portholes) and 1435/1426 (pretty far aft, surrounded by white spaces and elevators). Maybe that should be a no-brainer and I should be going for the portholes. But I remember reading posts about not booking those forward cabins because of noise and motion. Any input to help me decide? :confused:

I also read somewhere on CC that these rooms don't have a fridge??

Edited by lindnet

Linda- just tried to see what you were getting. I can find no rooms above the 1100s on the Carnival Conquest. Are you looking at the right ship???

Yes, they are on the very bottom deck....Riviera. 1207 is at the front of the ship and 1435 is by the rear elevators.

Just wondering if anyone had any insight on these rooms. I thought I made a good choice, mid ship, a few cabins back from the elevators, until I started reading here and noticed a lot of white space - has anyone stayed in either of these rooms?? Is that crew space where we will hear all kinds of noise in the middle of the night??

Thanks in advance for any information!

di43... have you sailed yet? wondering how cabin 6232 was? we are on legend Aug 16th and are considering same room or #7258

are both these cabins available for your sail date?

between the two cabins-- take 7258 if there are only two people.

If you book 6232 which is for 4-- you get the chance that you could be moved.

both of the cabins are the same-- except that one sleeps 2 and the other sleeps 4

Just wondering if anyone had any insight on these rooms. I thought I made a good choice, mid ship, a few cabins back from the elevators, until I started reading here and noticed a lot of white space - has anyone stayed in either of these rooms?? Is that crew space where we will hear all kinds of noise in the middle of the night??

Thanks in advance for any information!

you wont hear nothing from that white area- heck you wont een see it while traveling the halls- behind the wall is a stair well which crew members use to get from deck to deck.

laundry room is very convenient for you-- go to the other side-- across from 7339 is the laundry room.

Better access to food / pools- take that aft elevator.

Well, I tried searching and just can't find the answer I need. I'm looking at the Conquest. The only 1A's left are 1207 (all the way forward with portholes) and 1435/1426 (pretty far aft, surrounded by white spaces and elevators). Maybe that should be a no-brainer and I should be going for the portholes. But I remember reading posts about not booking those forward cabins because of noise and motion. Any input to help me decide? :confused:

I also read somewhere on CC that these rooms don't have a fridge??

whats the price difference from these cabins and a guarantee 4?

whats the price difference from these cabins and a guarantee 4?

There are no guarantee 4's available, but the lowest price category 4 is $948 and the 1A's are $634.

I've decided to go ahead and take a chance on the porthole cabin. I guess the worst that could happen is that it either makes me sick or keeps me awake all night.....or both! :eek: In searching the boards for hours, I found quite a few people who seem to love those cabins, so maybe I'll be one of them.

Thanks for your help.

There are no guarantee 4's available, but the lowest price category 4 is $948 and the 1A's are $634.

I've decided to go ahead and take a chance on the porthole cabin. I guess the worst that could happen is that it either makes me sick or keeps me awake all night.....or both! :eek: In searching the boards for hours, I found quite a few people who seem to love those cabins, so maybe I'll be one of them.

Thanks for your help.

wow- thats a lot of $$ is this a single supplement? the 1a's will be cheaper.

if you feel too much in the front--you can always go up to the pool deck and lay on a chair there.

wow- thats a lot of $$ is this a single supplement? the 1a's will be cheaper.

if you feel too much in the front--you can always go up to the pool deck and lay on a chair there.

Yes, it's a single supplement. So the $634 is a great price....the $948 not so much! :D

The pool deck is a good suggestion, thanks. I'm barely in the cabin except to sleep, so hopefully I won't have any problems. Wish me luck! :p

you wont hear nothing from that white area- heck you wont een see it while traveling the halls- behind the wall is a stair well which crew members use to get from deck to deck.

laundry room is very convenient for you-- go to the other side-- across from 7339 is the laundry room.

Better access to food / pools- take that aft elevator.

Thank you!! :D

There is obstructed shelf space in this closet due to a support beam running vertically in the far right corner of the closet. The shelves were so narrow you could not even fit a a pair of shoes on them, let alone folded tee shirts, shorts, tops etc. Ask the steward for lots of extra hangers. We hung up everything we could and used the tiny shelf space for underwear and swim suits- things that could endure multiple folds. Don't know if this beam ran the whole height of the ship or not.