Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

does anyone know about cabin number 6450 on deck 6?

Its an L shaped cabin. Sleeps two- no sofa. longer balcony.

We had the one above and did not like it.

Since Carnival reconfigured these cabins these are the first cat 8A to go because people think they are getting more for the same money. a lot of the sq footage in the cabin is not usable because of the layout.

I missed having a sofa.

Worst. cabin. ever.

I booked a guarantee and got "upgraded" into this one. No wonder no one picked it. It is on the end, near the elevators, which wasn't so much a problem. More of the problem was that it is directly underneath the wooden dance floor in the lobby bar. So all those really sophisticated dancers that you like to watch ballroom dance at night? They translate into clicks of their heels on the floor. Bad. Oh, and having the cabin steward closet next door didn't help either.

Ah well, 10 cruises, 10 cabin upgrades. Batting .900 isn't so bad.

Just wanted to get opinions--this is a special cruise, first balcony--as you can see from signature-along with anniversary. We have 7377 right now, but Spa deck rooms are available--should I upgrade? Little worried about movement, but if smoke free balcony might have to do it?

Just wanted to get opinions--this is a special cruise, first balcony--as you can see from signature-along with anniversary. We have 7377 right now, but Spa deck rooms are available--should I upgrade? Little worried about movement, but if smoke free balcony might have to do it?

Stay where you are-- save the money for the upgrade to do something special--like dinner at the Specialty Supper Club. Well worth the money.

When the ship is moving you should not have a problem with smoke.

Stay where you are-- save the money for the upgrade to do something special--like dinner at the Specialty Supper Club. Well worth the money.

When the ship is moving you should not have a problem with smoke.

Thanks!! Made the reservation for the Supper Club...Cannot wait

Cabin #1105 On the Carnival Legend. If you stay out all night partying doing karaoke then this is the perfect room for you!

:(The Bad: Very noisy its right next to the stairs, elevators & the firebrid lounge, so a lot of heavy traffic plus loud music & singing. The steward also liked to stash aka crash their carts around there. Even without the cart problem it was loud, it just was not for us during this trip.

:)The Good: #1105 is very easy to get to, fast access to the stairs & elevators. We literally walked out our door & got in line a few times for various things like disembarkment at one stop. They do karaoke in the Firbird Lounge so thats a plus if your into that. It would be a good party/social room.

So this room is good for some but not for all. You have to decide if its worth the noise & heavy traffic.

Anyone experience noise issue with 7273 on Carnival Spirit?

Deck plan has a large white space in the middle and laundry room across 7267. Some posts say white space are kitchen/workarea, I called Carnival, they say it's storage area and no noise.

Any info. is appreciated.

Any info on this cabin? The cabin looks like it is bigger than the other balcony cabins & the balcony itself is extended. It looks the cabin is right next to a stairwell - so I'm wondering if this would be an extremely noisy location.

since carnival reconfigured the cat on their ships many people are jumping on these two cabins because they think they are bigger so offer them more for the same money.

The cabin does have more sq footage but much of the sq footage cant be used.

The hall is wider then a regular cabin. The hall is not lighted (if they moved the cabinets down into the hall they could sqeeze a sofa in there.

There is no sofa. there is a chair that sits at the vanity- but when getting dressed that chair will be in your way since the area in front of the vanity is the only place to move around. SItting on the chair you cant see the TV.- well you could but you need to be looking up all the time- rough on a persons neck.

The beds can not be moved apart-

FOr the same money I would take another cabin- get my sofa- much more space in the cabin.

Here are the pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

Sirene,

I think I remember you saying something about Spirit cabin 8231, but I can not find the posting at all. Do you have a review/opinion on this one for Alaska?

8231 is just like the picture on the carnival web site. You are under the pool deck-- but I dont think you will get any noise from where your cabin is situated. Its a very convenient location--up one deck and there is the food/pools

Can anyone tell me what they think of this location

Thanks

my concerns for this cabin--- what is the white area next door. And you are directly under the kitchen for the grill.

The cabin on the other side of the ship is under the pizzeria-- which is opened 24 hours a day- between the two cabins you got the better choice.

I would ask if there is any availabilty on the empress deck.= or see what it will cost to upgrade to a 4A.

Edited by serene56