Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

What about the cabin 8374 on Carnival Valor? Is this a good cabin as far as noises?

Its not one I would chose. Its next to a grey area. THe room service station is somewhere in that area.

Its also under the pool deck- you may get chair scrapping noises too.

Moving further back- under the lido buffet which is carpeted. Stay away from being under the pizza kitchen which is opened 24 hours a day

Im in room 8302, which appears to be right under the pool area

I just had 8319 on the same class ship and I did hear the chairs scraping but it died down around midnight. Got loud at 2AM for an hour or less, then quiet again-- it NEVER woke me up; I only heard that one night because I happened to be up watching a movie. It wasn't that bad and you can't beat that location, IMO! Near elevators, high deck-- I'd book 8319 again and yours is very close to where mine was :) Have fun, and don't worry!

I just had 8319 on the same class ship and I did hear the chairs scraping but it died down around midnight. Got loud at 2AM for an hour or less, then quiet again-- it NEVER woke me up; I only heard that one night because I happened to be up watching a movie. It wasn't that bad and you can't beat that location, IMO! Near elevators, high deck-- I'd book 8319 again and yours is very close to where mine was :) Have fun, and don't worry!

8319 is more located at the entrances to the pool area-- where 8302 is right in the middle of the pool deck area.

Going on a cruise with 4 other gals. Last time we went we were on Valor and on main deck inside room under galley. It was absolutely horrible in both rooms with unbearable noise 24 hours. Just one of the gals called to pay a balance and noticed price had gone down. They couldn't lower our price cuz we didn't do early saver. As a consolation LOL they changed our room to outside balcony. I was not the one on the phone or I would have asked! We are below the galley on main deck and right by stairs and elevator. Might be better cuz it is on outside edge. Have searched Youtube and these forums can't find anyone mentioning this room or rooms right around it. Anyone ever stayed in this room?

As a consolation LOL they changed our room to outside balcony. ?

2373 is an ocean view cabin NOT a balcony. Are you sure about the cabin number?

Its still under the galley but like you mentioned-- its located around the outside.

At least this cabin has 4 true beds and not a roll away. I would not do a cabin with 4 ladies with a roll away

Edited by serene56

seem to get conflicting configurations. I only see that there are 2 beds and one single sofa. Trying to get with Carnival to see what actual config is and see about being under galley again. Looks like we are on outside under the galley--but it looks a littler different than some gallies that go all the way out to edge of ship. It may be hallways or storage? Of course, while on hold they just disconnected me!

seem to get conflicting configurations. I only see that there are 2 beds and one single sofa. Trying to get with Carnival to see what actual config is and see about being under galley again. Looks like we are on outside under the galley--but it looks a littler different than some gallies that go all the way out to edge of ship. It may be hallways or storage? Of course, while on hold they just disconnected me!

the cabin has a star which denotes 2 beds a sofa. yes three beds. that gives you the roll away which takes up precious floor space.

you want a cabin with a square in it that denotes three beds.

See if you can take a downgrade - move to a 6B which puts you under the dining room which is carpeted and take a room with a sqaure in it 2411

Edited by serene56

Finally got thru to Carnival, the room has 2 beds, trundle, sofa. So I think that will be fine. There is an outside deck above us, so we won't be entirely under galley. Also we are around corner from elevator and across from laundry room. It's bigger and has bigger bathroom. I was on the phone for 2 hours--with no success applying the special 15% discount that they promised us from the "galley" cruise. So at this point I guess we're staying in the room. Nothing can be worse than last time. Just wish I could find someone who had been in that room or room close to it.

Finally got thru to Carnival, the room has 2 beds, trundle, sofa. So I think that will be fine. There is an outside deck above us, so we won't be entirely under galley. Also we are around corner from elevator and across from laundry room. It's bigger and has bigger bathroom. I was on the phone for 2 hours--with no success applying the special 15% discount that they promised us from the "galley" cruise. So at this point I guess we're staying in the room. Nothing can be worse than last time. Just wish I could find someone who had been in that room or room close to it.

a trundle is close to the floor and very small.

All cabins are the same size. including the bathroom

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://dancottle.smugmug.com/Travel/CANIVAL-FANTASY/DSC01748/628901422_E775x-L.jpg&imgrefurl=http://dancottle.smugmug.com/Travel/CANIVAL-FANTASY/9389502_CdH3DT/9/628901422_E775x&h=600&w=800&sz=140&tbnid=2qEpqRFtClrpPM:&tbnh=91&tbnw=121&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dpictures%2Bof%2Bcarnival%2Btrundle%2Bbed%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=pictures+of+carnival+trundle+bed&docid=8UrtkhgsC4MOdM&sa=X&ei=PjdjT5LkDIvr0QHk-qmXCA&ved=0CCYQ9QEwAA

Thanks for the pix. Carnival lists this room as 220 sqf as opposed to 185 in our previous inside room. None of us are big or tall. I know it will be crowded, but we don't spend much time in the room. The Carnival person said bathroom was bigger too. We will see!

Hello all' date='

Just came over to post a question about the ncl star. Deck 11 directly in front of the Spa area. What is the large white area used for, or is it part of the spa itself. Anyone know.

Thanks[/quote']

Just got back from the NCL Star last week. The white area is treatment rooms for the spa. If you are looking at the rooms right in front of those, I would be careful. Port side you have the teen room and arcade above you and you might hear machine noised, Starboard side you have the Market Cafe (buffet) above you which opens at 6 and could prove noisy.

I try to choose a cabin with other cabins above, below and on each side. This usually is quieter. We had cabin 9710 and loved the location. Close enough to stairs and elevators but not close enough to hear people. Two quick flights down to the Versailles, where we always ate breakfast, or 3 quick flights up to the Buffet and pool deck. Also very handy to the gym for my DH who worked out daily. If ever on the Star (or Dawn) again we would look for this location.

Just got back from the NCL Star last week. The white area is treatment rooms for the spa. If you are looking at the rooms right in front of those, I would be careful. Port side you have the teen room and arcade above you and you might hear machine noised, Starboard side you have the Market Cafe (buffet) above you which opens at 6 and could prove noisy.

I try to choose a cabin with other cabins above, below and on each side. This usually is quieter. We had cabin 9710 and loved the location. Close enough to stairs and elevators but not close enough to hear people. Two quick flights down to the Versailles, where we always ate breakfast, or 3 quick flights up to the Buffet and pool deck. Also very handy to the gym for my DH who worked out daily. If ever on the Star (or Dawn) again we would look for this location.

Thanks for the reply Monicajay,

Was wondering if cabins below this area will be noisy. On deck 10.

I asked once before but I don't think I saw an answer...on NCL Sky 0253??? any advice or anyone stayed there and know about noise?

Cannot answer about 0253 but, I stayed in 0261 in 2010. We had noise overhead from the Great Outdoors all night long. Ship was full so we couldn't move. Lack of sleep really put a damper on the cruise!

Thanks for the reply Monicajay' date='

Was wondering if cabins below this area will be noisy. On deck 10.[/quote']

I would think not but haven't stayed on that deck. I would suggest being close to the main stairs for convenience as the stairway shown aft is crew only. For example 10702. This is close enough to the stairs and elevator but around the corner enough not to hear hall noises.

You'll love the Star.

Cannot answer about 0253 but, I stayed in 0261 in 2010. We had noise overhead from the Great Outdoors all night long. Ship was full so we couldn't move. Lack of sleep really put a damper on the cruise!

Thanks for the response-we are taking our tablet with a sound app-hopefully if there is any noise from above we will be able to drown it out

I would think not but haven't stayed on that deck. I would suggest being close to the main stairs for convenience as the stairway shown aft is crew only. For example 10702. This is close enough to the stairs and elevator but around the corner enough not to hear hall noises.

You'll love the Star.

Thanks!

its about 5 cabins from the stairs..So, will be crossing fingers.. It seems the white area from the spa is above, and the internet cafe is below. Never been on this ship, so will have to hope for the best. On the gem in FEB was in a cabin with rooms below and above, that was very noisy most of the nite. From one of the lounges or music setups on the landing not far below.( where they take photos) Hopefully this will not be a repeat.