Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We are booked in Carnival Freedom cabin 7344. This is our first cruise with Carnival so felt unsure of cabin selection. Any problems with this cabin location?

Thank you for this thread and everyone's kind help!

I love 7411 (cheaper then what you have too)

its a good choice- between cabin space and away from public areas.

use the aft elevators to get you closer tot he food/pools

Just spent 9 days on Celebrity Millennium in cabin 9063 (inside). Cabin is located beneath the Aqua Spa Cafe, and in early morning there might be the dull rumble of carts, not really a problem. However, the cabin is right next to a steward's closet, and the noise there in early morning precludes sleeping past 7am. Also, steward cart is parked right by the door. Cabin wall on that side must have much less soundproofing than the opposite side, where there is another cabin. EM

Splendor room 2442. We have friends going with us and staying in the adjoining room. Do you hear any noise from the dining room? We figured we aren't in the room during the busy dinner times so it shouldn't be a problem. Is there a safe in the room and a refrigerator?

Splendor room 2442. We have friends going with us and staying in the adjoining room. Do you hear any noise from the dining room? We figured we aren't in the room during the busy dinner times so it shouldn't be a problem. Is there a safe in the room and a refrigerator?

dining room is carpeted so no noise issue from above.

yes, there is a safe- you will need a card with a magnetic strip (a shopping card. do NOT use a sign and sail card. leave is somewhere in the cabin (like a pocket in a pair of pants hanging in the closet

there is a fridge--but its not really cold.

Carnival Glory Verandah - 8C 8244. Anyone stay here or in the same area? Just wondering if there are any noise complaints. Feel free to provide any type of information or feedback. Thanks!

you are below cabin spacce so no noise issues

dining room is carpeted so no noise issue from above.

yes, there is a safe- you will need a card with a magnetic strip (a shopping card. do NOT use a sign and sail card. leave is somewhere in the cabin (like a pocket in a pair of pants hanging in the closet

there is a fridge--but its not really cold.

Why do you need a card with a magnetic strip? How does that work in the safe? Sorry, this seems totally foreign to me. Is that how it works on all ships, or just RCCL?

Thanks.

Why do you need a card with a magnetic strip? How does that work in the safe? Sorry, this seems totally foreign to me. Is that how it works on all ships, or just RCCL?

Thanks.

This is a new process that is being used by many hotels and resorts, not just cruise ships. It is just an easy way to use the safe and know that no one else can access it. If you use your sail & sign card...well....the ship has access.

Thanks.

I usually pack an expired/worthless credit card or gift card for the safe.

If I damage it----no harm done-----

oh now im worried about my room. We are booked for the april 29th cruise on the Conquest. We are only 1 floor below the Lido deck. I am a very light sleeper. But we have a large group going, and while I might be able to move my room, it would be hard to move us all. :confused:

You slide it just as you do your credit card at the grocery. A used up gift card is good. I understand that some of the newer Carnival ships want a card in a slot to turn on lights. I haven't been on one so don't understand it.

oh now im worried about my room. We are booked for the april 29th cruise on the Conquest. We are only 1 floor below the Lido deck. I am a very light sleeper. But we have a large group going, and while I might be able to move my room, it would be hard to move us all. :confused:

the lido deck is a VERY large deck. cabin number will help.

The buffet area is carpeted so noise issues there.

but there are sections that should be avoided- like directly under a pool area. You may get slidding deck chair noises. Doesnt last long but could be annoying.

Thanks.

2583450520103152542vvidAL_th.jpg

you take a card and run it through.

allure of the seas used digits:

2027438630027101998gdrgZJ_th.jpg

Edited by serene56

We are booking a balcony cabin on the Carnival Splendor out of California to the Mexican riveria.

I have heard that there are covered or uncovered balcony.

Not sure what is better or even if Splendor has an option.

I would appreciate any advice on picking a cabin for this cruise.

We are late in booking, going the end of April.

We have Main Deck Aft 2499 an oceanview. It appears to be a cabin that looks out the back of the ship not the side. I was thinking about trying to upgrade as after ten cruises we have never stayed in this location. We know nothing about it. Does anyone have experience with cabins all the way aft looking out the back. Should we upgrade? We are on Carnival Dream but I would like opinions from anyone that has had a cabin in this location. Thanks.

the lido deck is a VERY large deck. cabin number will help.

The buffet area is carpeted so noise issues there.

but there are sections that should be avoided- like directly under a pool area. You may get slidding deck chair noises. Doesnt last long but could be annoying.

Im in room 8302, which appears to be right under the pool area

We are booking a balcony cabin on the Carnival Splendor out of California to the Mexican riveria.

I have heard that there are covered or uncovered balcony.

Not sure what is better or even if Splendor has an option.

I would appreciate any advice on picking a cabin for this cruise.

We are late in booking, going the end of April.

All side balconies are covered on Splendor. It's the aft balconies that you have to watch out for if you want to be covered.

Hi,

First time cruiser so I know nothing :)

On the Coral Princess Cabin C329 it says it will accommodate a 3rd or 4th person. Does this mean the cabin is bigger than the one next door C331 that only accommodates 2?

Is it better to book C331 and not face the prospect of getting kicked out of C329 if a group of 3 or 4 wanted a cabin?

Hi,

First time cruiser so I know nothing :)

On the Coral Princess Cabin C329 it says it will accommodate a 3rd or 4th person. Does this mean the cabin is bigger than the one next door C331 that only accommodates 2?

Is it better to book C331 and not face the prospect of getting kicked out of C329 if a group of 3 or 4 wanted a cabin?

the only difference in the cabins is you get more beds. the two cabins will be identical

Depends on where you sail and when-- if you are a party of two you might not be able to book the cabin that holds 3/4 people.

the only difference in the cabins is you get more beds. the two cabins will be identical

Depends on where you sail and when-- if you are a party of two you might not be able to book the cabin that holds 3/4 people.

Oh thanks there are only two of us and I was going to book online so I don't want to make a mistake. Thanks.