Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

be mindful of whats below. this ships aft has cabins directly over a stage area on deck 6.

yes, the balconies are staggered up-- you give up some what of a privacy thing here. the dividers all sit at angles so you can see your neighbors all the way at the end.

You can only see people who are standing at the rail.

aft balconies tend to stay warm- there is no ocean breezes back here.

The halls are quiet. they are long walk to the stairs/elevators.

they also cost more then a side balcony.

the balconies are a lot bigger then a side balcony

Points taken. Thanks again

• 5 weeks later...

Just got back 5/31/12 off Carnival Triumph. Our stateroom was #8300, nice enough except it is located right below a Deck 9 pool deck outside utility/storage area used by ship staff. There was frequently noise from above that sounded like dragging metal things around on steel plate decking. Somewhat annoying if you were outside on the balcony, and could be heard inside the room. The noise seemed to be limited to 7:00am till maybe 10:00pm so didn't keep up awake.

Hi! I'm looking for some advice. I am sailing on the Carnival Breeze Aug 2.

Should I stay put in my aft balcony #8475 or should I pay for a suite #7230? They both have 60 sf balcony. :confused:

Opinion please.

Thank you!

Hi! I'm looking for some advice. I am sailing on the Carnival Breeze Aug 2.

Should I stay put in my aft balcony #8475 or should I pay for a suite #7230? They both have 60 sf balcony. :confused:

Opinion please.

Thank you!

ok- lets ask questions to your question.

will you spend more time on the balcony or in the cabin?

when we cruise the only time we are in the room is when we sleep or when we shower- we spend more time on a balcony so spending that extra money for a suite is not for us.

You get no perks except priorty boarding.

Its also very forward-- August/Sept is prime time hurricane season. If you hit rough waters you will feel the most of the motion.

I would stay where you are.

Most times of the day you will be up on the lido deck aft either eating or pool.

it puts you closer to the MDR too

ok- lets ask questions to your question.

will you spend more time on the balcony or in the cabin?

when we cruise the only time we are in the room is when we sleep or when we shower- we spend more time on a balcony so spending that extra money for a suite is not for us.

You get no perks except priorty boarding.

Its also very forward-- August/Sept is prime time hurricane season. If you hit rough waters you will feel the most of the motion.

I would stay where you are.

Most times of the day you will be up on the lido deck aft either eating or pool.

it puts you closer to the MDR too

Good advice, staying put, thank you! :D

I'm wondering if I should upgrade to a suite. We are booked on EOS, suite 8332. I wanted to surprise my husband with the upgrade, or should we just stay where we are?

8332 is a regular balcony cabin.

if you upgrade-- upgrade to what? where?

whats the price difference?

how much time will you be spending in the cabin?

how many people are going to be in that cabin?

8332 is a regular balcony cabin.

if you upgrade-- upgrade to what? where?

whats the price difference?

how much time will you be spending in the cabin?

how many people are going to be in that cabin?

Just me and the husband. Upgrade to a suite and the cost is about $49 per day. Oh, and on the sea days he will probably just relax on the balcony and I will be exploring the ship.

Edited by shorbr

• 2 weeks later...

I have U-169 booked on the Inspiration, b2b. I booked the cheapest cabin because I thought I might be cruising alone. Now a friend is interested in coming along. Any feedback on this cabin - how cramped it would be with 2 people - is it one of the ones with the pole coming down from the ceiling?

Trying to decide if I need to upgrade or if the 1A will do. Twin beds not an issue, & either of us should be able to manage getting up to the top bunk bed.

Thank you to those that put in the title the Ship Line the Ship Name and the Room Number makes it a little easier to see the subject.

Thanks again,Lou

it also helps when someone is using the search feature

I have U-169 booked on the Inspiration, b2b. I booked the cheapest cabin because I thought I might be cruising alone. Now a friend is interested in coming along. Any feedback on this cabin - how cramped it would be with 2 people - is it one of the ones with the pole coming down from the ceiling?

Trying to decide if I need to upgrade or if the 1A will do. Twin beds not an issue, & either of us should be able to manage getting up to the top bunk bed.

the rooms are the same size. so even if you move = the room will be the same

the rooms are the same size. so even if you move = the room will be the same

Thanks Serene. My PVP told me the cabin was listed at 160sq feet, someone else on cruise critic had posted the same thing. But eyeballing the cabin on a deck plan it didn't appear to be smaller to me - just more squarish than rectangle. If it's the same sq. footage I'm going to hold on to it!

• 2 weeks later...
We have Lido Deck 10262 with a balcony...anyone know anything about this room?

categor 8F

cabin/ balcony is basic- see one pciture and that is what you will have.

above and below cabin space so you are away from public noise.

The very first cruise I went on I paid what amounted to $25 per day upgrade to get a "seaview" room. What this got me was a round portal about 12" in diameter. Every morning as I peeked out of it to see the ocean (yep, it was still there) I thought, "Wow that was the most useless thing I have ever paid $25 a day for."

If you can afford it then yes an actual balcony would be nice, but don't even waste your money on a so-called sea-view room. Think about it: What do you want to do as soon as you've showered up and shaved in the morning? Answer, breakfast! Not staring out a 12" window.

Booked in this cabin in November ..... first cruise. Any comments on this cabin please....... Thanks.

I'm a bit nervous about seasickness too.

If you are cruising Western Caribbean don't even worry about it, because usually the sea is completely calm. If you are cruising Eastern Caribbean then be aware that your ship will actually be in the Atlantic Ocean for the longest sea days, and if you encounter 29-foot seas like I did, and you don't have any Dramamine (or equivalent), then I don't think it matters where you your room is, you will be sicker than a dog.