Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

any info on the oasis cabins? we are in 11718 to make sure we are not above or below any congregate passenger areas (club, pool, etc). we also had a choice on deck 14 balcony. which is better?

^^^ I'm wondering the same thing. :confused:

Husband and I booked a balcony on Deck 14 mid-ship on Oasis, which looks amazing to us! Is Deck 14 good or should we move down? Balcony is a must for us! :)

I'm one who enjoys a balcony and would hate to be stuck with either of these ;) When people complained I made note of the cabin numbers so I could remember which to stay away from, and I'm glad that I've found this forum to add these.

MaryJean56 posted this picture of the small balcony on the Celebrity Constellation concierge cabin 8108 (how do you get around that table to use the chair lol):

attachment.php?attachmentid=21886&d=1148049364

Also avoid 5188 on Disney Fantasy and Dream if you want a nice balcony to stretch out on. CC says there is not even enough room for chairs so Disney put a small bench at the back so you could at least sit down (well, depending on your sizes, at least one of you anyway) :

disney-dream-cabin-5188.jpg

We have cabin 6111 booked for a Mediterranean cruise and noticed cabin 6179 open. We are thinking of moving to 6179 to be more midship but I notice an empty space next to that room. Any idea what this space is? Should we stay where we are? Also, is this deck ok? Thanks.

Could be crew area or room steward closet. I wouldn't want to be next to it.

Could be crew area or room steward closet. I wouldn't want to be next to it.

room steward closet-- or should I call it a room is next to 6232/34

this room is bigger then our cabin. had the room next door and never heard a sound.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes.... and now I'm nervous :)

Matt

No need to be nervous! You will have a wonderful time!! No worries, are you going with someone or a group? :)

Husband surprised me with our first cruise on Carnival Glory - I was panicked because I wasn't sure what to do but husband told me to relax, it's our vacation and we are suppose to enjoy it! After the cruise, I begged my husband to go on another cruise. We now are booked on Oasis in May (5 months away!!) :D

Yes.... and now I'm nervous :)

Matt

aww, why are you nervous?

to answer your question about your cabin.

You have a junior suite-- which is a glorified balcony cabin.

You can not compare the suites on this class of ships to the other ships in the fleet. (so when you come back and want to book another)

the balcony is VERY narrow- (just be prepared)

http://www.cruiseshiprooms.com/Cruise-Info/cabin/Ecstasy/V1

has some pictures posted so you can get an idea

aww, why are you nervous?

to answer your question about your cabin.

You have a junior suite-- which is a glorified balcony cabin.

You can not compare the suites on this class of ships to the other ships in the fleet. (so when you come back and want to book another)

the balcony is VERY narrow- (just be prepared)

http://www.cruiseshiprooms.com/Cruise-Info/cabin/Ecstasy/V1

has some pictures posted so you can get an idea

I'm mostly nervous because after posting my room people immediately pegged me as a newbie, makes me think I picked some horrible stateroom that those in the know would never go near :)

The photos show more or less exactly what we expected, it's myself and two old buddies from high school and college. The only thing about the photos is that it shows one single bed, though I asked for (and according to Carnival's website I am getting) two twin beds, plus the couch. Is the room just reconfigured on the fly depending on the booking?

Matt

you have 10 posts -- that makes you a cruise newbie

the bed is two beds pushed together if you arrive and they are together leave a note for the steward to get them seperated easy to do and the night stand goes between the beds

you have 10 posts -- that makes you a cruise newbie

the bed is two beds pushed together if you arrive and they are together leave a note for the steward to get them seperated easy to do and the night stand goes between the beds

Good to know, as long as there is something simple to be done about it. I like my friends, but I don't like any of them enough to share a bed ;)

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

We're just back from a 14 day LA>Hawaii>LA cruise on the Golden Princess. We started with stateroom A510. This balcony is under the Lido deck near the Calypso Pool area. Starting right away and continuing the next day, there was an intermittent but frequent scraping sound as people above pulled their chairs out and moved the tables. It was too much and caused us to ask for help from the front desk. They tried to rope off the offending section of tables, but misjudged the area which provided no help.

For a while, we called every time we heard the scraping and rolling carts, etc. Eventually we asked for and received a change of cabin - we were lucky they had one available. There is a string of cabins just below the eating areas on the Lido that you might want to avoid if you can. Some hear the scraping, some don't. We heard it. There are other references to this problem in this forum.

Edited by SoAzCruiser

Newbie here, first ever post, please be gentle.

We are looking at going on P&O Azura in April and the rooms on offer are Balcony rooms on E deck, directly above the theatre where the shows are (Play House?). I assume this will mean some noise disturbance but wanted to check with those in the know in case I am being overly worried.

Any thoughts welcome, thanks!

Newbie here, first ever post, please be gentle.

We are looking at going on P&O Azura in April and the rooms on offer are Balcony rooms on E deck, directly above the theatre where the shows are (Play House?). I assume this will mean some noise disturbance but wanted to check with those in the know in case I am being overly worried.

Any thoughts welcome, thanks!

please check these boards to see if you can get an answer to your request.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38

personally- i stear away from that area-- for one is the show lounge forward? forward gets the most motion on a ship.

shows are usually done by midnight-- but dancers practice. if over a seating area it should be fine-- but I would not be willing to take the chance

Hey guys, Well went back to about the dates the ship first started going but didn't see anything.

Asking about room 7279 on the Carnival breeze. Gonna be 3 guys sharing it. Just wondering if anyone knew the size of balcony and such if it would be a tight squeeze for all of us out there at once?

Also looking on the map it looks like a view of the atrium is right outside the door plus close to elevators. Might be higher foot traffic but that won't bother us so is this a decent location?

Thanks for any info you have.

Hey guys, Well went back to about the dates the ship first started going but didn't see anything.

Asking about room 7279 on the Carnival breeze. Gonna be 3 guys sharing it. Just wondering if anyone knew the size of balcony and such if it would be a tight squeeze for all of us out there at once?

Also looking on the map it looks like a view of the atrium is right outside the door plus close to elevators. Might be higher foot traffic but that won't bother us so is this a decent location?

Thanks for any info you have.

its a suite so more then enough space.

Good location- the balcony is enough to sit and enjoy the view-- the company. do not expect lounge chairs. If there is only two chairs ask the steward for another.

the "view" into the atrium will be through a glass block- there is a wall there.

decks 3, 4 and 5 are opened view= the other decks will be enclosed