Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

its a suite so more then enough space.

Good location- the balcony is enough to sit and enjoy the view-- the company. do not expect lounge chairs. If there is only two chairs ask the steward for another.

the "view" into the atrium will be through a glass block- there is a wall there.

decks 3, 4 and 5 are opened view= the other decks will be enclosed

Thank you very much!!!

Does anyone know about 9516 on Liberty of the Seas? Feeling a bit nervous being at the front of the ship and the cabin looks to have a bit of a funny shape. Thanks!

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/zenphoto/index.php?album=Liberty+of+the+Seas%2FCat+Large+Oceanview%2FStateroom+9516#2

Hope this will open for you. It's on cruisedeckplans.com. Forward is more movement.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

:eek:

I'm in single cabin 211 French Balcony, on Viking Legend.I received a really great rate, due to my TA, but just found out you sleep on a foam mattress sofa bed:-(The cabin size is fine, but I've slept on a sofa bed B4 and after one night, my back ached.

Why are singles treated differently on River Cruises? On ocean liners, the few times I was a single, I had a regular room and bed.

If you ask for a change,to a bed cabin, I guess the fare goes wayyyy up.

Has anyone gone alone on Legend? I was hoping for Prestige, newer ship, but singles seem to be the same there, though people say better things about that ship, then Legend. I'd have to change my route or date, I would think to get Prestige.

In a quandry...

Judi

Hi, does anyone have any feedback on Cabin 6254 on the Carnival Triumph? I just paid to upgrade to this balcony cabin from an oceanview on level 1. I know it's above the lounge, but it appears towards the back over the audience as opposed to the actual stage? Anyway, not sure if this will be a huge issue or not? I can still move!

Thanks!

Ok so new here and been scouring the Internet... I have booked room 2204 on Main deck on carnival dream. Got a great price and the big thing was that there would not be bunkbeds since it is me and my sister. I understand maybe I will hear some wave noise, but is there anything else I need to know about this room? Neither my sister or I get sick with being on the water (both have cruised before). So any tips on the room would be great...it is a done deal as the price was what we needed but does anyone know the room configuration or have any photos? Thanks

It is a year later, and I still haven't followed through with Carnival, so I decided to post at least a warning to my peers:

New Year's Day sailing of new ship with port less than an hour away -- what is to worry, especially with a large aft balcony on a ship early in its first year of service? The cabin is very large, the view is wonderful, but these three adjoining cabins are not only right above an entertainment venue, BUT THESE SPEAKERS ARE MOUNTED ON THE CEILING and the sounds are transferred up directly into the cabins. Apparently either the use of the space below or the placement of the speakers were determined by folks with no developed brains. (Obviously there is the need for either insulation and/or relocation of these speakers.)

First, there is not just a percussion rhythm, the actual music fills these cabins often until 3am! Reflecting the general philosophy of Carnival, initial contacts with Customer Relations yielded a surprised response with statements that I was the very first to complain. But, the value of these cabins is that you can stand on their balconies and directly say hello to your neighbors (very pleasant folks) who readily shared both their dismay with these horrible nights and the response by Customer Relations they had received to their condition. I could never work in such a department where lying is the trained response. What I do have is a wrist watch purchased with newly acquired OBC as a reminder not to sail on Carnival again (we sail routinely on Princess, Holland America, and Celebrity).

As an aside, other warnings about Carnival: (1) you may not find even the dinning room food to your liking: they have perfected the appearance/presentation, but taste and quality are lacking. (If expense is the issue, I'd rather have a good piece of fried chicken or slice of meatloaf rather than large fried shrimp that are 80% coating and escargot that can't be swallowed; (2) selecting a holiday sailing means this ship is filled with extended-family vacationers including a large proportion of very energetic college students and somewhat older on nonstop drinking and many unsupervised children. It was not unusual to be tripped by a seated passenger sticking their feet out across an aisle (feeling right at home and not even demonstrating reasonable fast food restaurant etiquette); expectations for entertainment on a large ship were seldom met: our predominant memory was of passenger-participation activities (often provided in the afternoon on other ships) -- of course, these "sensitivities" should be viewed under the umbrella of a series of sleepless nights by two thoroughly cranky teachers in their mid-60s! We will not return to Carnival. (In contrast, just back from a RT HA 14-night Caribbean that was enjoyable, relaxing and benefitted from Roll Call planning of 7 private island tours!)

DJ:)

We have booked cabin 1638 on Celebrity Eclipse any one have any comments or experience with this cabin while we can still change cabins?[/quote

This cabin is fine as there are cabins above and below. We have been in the one next door. Totally avoid cabin no's 1547 and 1549 on the hump. We had these and they are above the aquaspa cafe and at 4am every morning there was banging and chair dragging when the staff were getting organised for breakfast. Complained but got nowhere.

We have booked cabin 1638 on Celebrity Eclipse any one have any comments or experience with this cabin while we can still change cabins?[/quote

This cabin is fine as there are cabins above and below. We have been in the one next door. Totally avoid cabin no's 1547 and 1549 on the hump. We had these and they are above the aquaspa cafe and at 4am every morning there was banging and chair dragging when the staff were getting organised for breakfast. Complained but got nowhere.

Thank you for the information

• 2 weeks later...
This one is on the Lido deck behind the bar. Is it ok or is there a lot of noise at night?

its a few cabins away from the grill. your cabin door faces a wall.

you should not have noise issues with the cabin

I do not see the bar that you are talking about being behind

are you talking about the trident grill?