Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

We will be in 1550 and family in 1050 for 3/1/14 sailing. Any one have any good or bad experiences?

Thanks

you are aware that these cabins are NOT across the hall from each other. they are on opposite sides of the ship

you are also under the pool deck so you might get chair scrapping noises

you are aware that these cabins are NOT across the hall from each other. they are on opposite sides of the ship

you are also under the pool deck so you might get chair scrapping noises

Really? What am I missing when I look at the deck plan? 1550 is Starboard and 1050 is Port across from one another. I am a first time cruiser so there could be some detail of the deckplan that I am missing. We wanted one on each side so we could experience both views.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by LBIgirl74

Really? What am I missing when I look at the deck plan? 1550 is Starboard and 1050 is Port across from one another. I am a first time cruiser so there could be some detail of the deckplan that I am missing. We wanted one on each side so we could experience both views.

Thanks for your help!

that is exactly what you have.. one on port side and one on the starboard side. there is a hall that will separate you.

1550 people will walk out the cabin-- turn left -- go to the elvator bank through that hall way and then turn right . there are one cabin away from that area.

there is a large hall between you.\

when you come out your cabin there will be a wall.

you are one deck away from the public deck. go up those stairs right by your cabin and you can see the view from either side.

here is the suite next to 1550

Edited by serene56

Folks,

I need to survey forums to see what commotion is being generated from Carnival's continuing engineering problems? It is interesting that these specific ships (versus other Carnival cruise lines) are being featured in the media almost on a weekly basis. MDW won't even consider another cruise on a Carnival ship. We'll stick with HA, Princess, Celebrity & Royal Caribbean. We all know that there are Federal regulations that apply to airplanes -- really wonder what obligations cruise lines have to meet safety standards?

DJ:confused:

I just booked 1102 on Brilliance of the Seas, which is an aft room. Heard these cabins always went first so I was surprised there were 2 available. Anything I am missing? Good or Bad Cabin? It is a D2. Thanks.

IMHO a wonderful room! Have had that and all the rest "back there" !!! You are missing nothing!

Lou

Lou,

Thank you so much. Ron and I have cruised with you before (Panamaniacs Panama Canal I think) so we know that you know:) The other stateroom (1604) is also available-perhaps because it sails on Thanksgiving day. At the same time, there appears to be no D1 cabins available? Also, we booked 1104 not 1102. Thanks again.

Edited by JoeyF

Lou,

Thank you so much. Ron and I have cruised with you before (Panamaniacs Panama Canal I think) so we know that you know:) The other stateroom (1604) is also available-perhaps because it sails on Thanksgiving day. At the same time, there appears to be no D1 cabins available? Also, we booked 1104 not 1102. Thanks again.

That is the cabin that I will be in when I sail to New England on October 6. I booked one year in advance while I was still on board the Jewel and the booking agent on board said it was a great room.

When are you sailing?

That is the cabin that I will be in when I sail to New England on October 6. I booked one year in advance while I was still on board the Jewel and the booking agent on board said it was a great room.

When are you sailing?

We are sailing on Nov 28 and have now changed the stateroom to 1604. All for 4". By the way, we have a savngs certificate of $75 for this cruise which they said will be applied at a later date - closer to sail date - does anyone know why they don't apply it up front - when you book the cruise? The quarterly certificate expires the end of June. Thanks.

I'm hoping someone can help me! We are going on our very first cruise in September (23rd) and it's just myself and my four children. I wanted to book the Lido deck on the Triumph room 9270, but after reading all of the reviews about noise, am wondering if that's such a good idea. Would it be better to take a lower floor of the ship? As it is, I can't imagine what it's going to be like with the five of us in one room, but for it to be noisy on top of that, would be torture! LOL

I thought the higher up you are, the better the view from the balcony, so that's why I was thinking Lido...

Any thoughts???

Thank you!!

Celine

Edited by CelineDoll

We have been on the Triumph Lido and have had no noise problem. As long as you are between passenger decks you should be fine. Could you get a room farther forward? You are closer to the open deck than we have been but I think you should be fine.

We have been on the Triumph Lido and have had no noise problem. As long as you are between passenger decks you should be fine. Could you get a room farther forward? You are closer to the open deck than we have been but I think you should be fine.

Well, I was trying to stay mid-ship for my son's sake who tends to get carsick (worried that may translate to seasick) and that is like the ONLY room left available to us! LOL

I'm hoping someone can help me! We are going on our very first cruise in September (23rd) and it's just myself and my four children. I wanted to book the Lido deck on the Triumph room 9270, but after reading all of the reviews about noise, am wondering if that's such a good idea. Would it be better to take a lower floor of the ship? As it is, I can't imagine what it's going to be like with the five of us in one room, but for it to be noisy on top of that, would be torture! LOL

I thought the higher up you are, the better the view from the balcony, so that's why I was thinking Lido...

Any thoughts???

Thank you!!

Celine

I don't see any cabins that allow more than 4 people. Have you already booked with Carnival knowing there will be 5 in the cabin?

I don't see any cabins that allow more than 4 people. Have you already booked with Carnival knowing there will be 5 in the cabin?

Well, I definitely stated five people as I went through the process of booking the room and it mentions that it will have a trundle bed. I'm assuming that's for the 5th person. Right?

I'm hoping someone can help me! We are going on our very first cruise in September (23rd) and it's just myself and my four children. I wanted to book the Lido deck on the Triumph room 9270, but after reading all of the reviews about noise, am wondering if that's such a good idea.

your cabin is under the sitting area of the pool. you should be fine where you are located-- but for someone in your party who gets car sick being up high is not where you want to be. That person will feel the sway of the ship.

Consider moving down to the empress deck midship as possible

Ugh! Well, we are already booked and paid in full, so I don't want to change it now. I thought the higher up we'd be, the better. I should have really researched better! I will be sure to have plenty of Bonine for him. I hope it helps!

the higher you go the more you pay for peoplee who get motion siick its as low as you caan go and as mid ship as possiiiblee hhave him try sea bands wear them on his wrrists and no side effects

Edited by serene56

the higher you go the more you pay for peoplee who get motion siick its as low as you caan go and as mid ship as possiiiblee hhave him try sea bands wear them on his wrrists and no side effects

Take ginger either crystallized or just the cubes. Eat one when he wakes up and at bedtime or when needed. The ginger saved me on the Pacific. Also, the ship will provide you with green apples which also helps.

Edited by vols52

• 2 weeks later...
Ugh! Well, we are already booked and paid in full, so I don't want to change it now. I thought the higher up we'd be, the better. I should have really researched better! I will be sure to have plenty of Bonine for him. I hope it helps!

Just as a note I had a sister that got carsick... she HAD to sit upfront, yeah right! She did say that the motion that caused the sickness could get worse if she staring out at the countryside. She could have read a book in the back seat. Others say just the opposite, that reading and not seeing the outside makes it worse. I bet if you don't mention it, have a positive attitude he might not even notice. BUT you are correct to have the Bonine in case.