Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Uh oh...are we destined to be sleepless at sea? Our inside cabin on Liberty of the Seas is 9297 which doesn't have another cabin against the aft bulkhead. Does this mean the space next door is a service closet? Or Room Service pantry or laundry something even noisier than a roomful of college kids on Spring Break? Looks like that down the line from Deck 10 through Deck 6.

I am traveling with 5 others and We are sailing on the Norwegian Sky(the old pride of aloha) to the bahamas in september in cabins 8033, 8032, and 8031. Are these good cabins?

How were they? I just booked 8032 for December. Was it loud, how was your experience?

Edited by Siora7777
spelling error

Hoping someone over here can answer this, not getting aywhere with my buddies on the Carnival boards. We are in 7444 (Freedom) and want to know whether to add 7442 or 7446 for friends so we can open the balcony divider. OR do they both open up?

Hoping someone over here can answer this, not getting aywhere with my buddies on the Carnival boards. We are in 7444 (Freedom) and want to know whether to add 7442 or 7446 for friends so we can open the balcony divider. OR do they both open up?

I know they can put the dividers open on the side balconies, & have read the same about the aft balconies. Make sure to go to guest services first stop after you board to request this, as there are a limited number of balconies that they will open the dividers for.

Also, have heard complaints that (at least on the side balconies) the dividers are not really removed - they are just opened & secured to the cabin wall. And sometimes that divider will cover something you'd prefer kept uncovered, like a window.

It wouldn't be a bad idea though to call Carnival & ask if those particular balconies can be connected together. Hate for you to book those cabins & then find out it for some reason it's not possible. Be sure to get the name of the person who tells you it can be done, if this is the answer you get. MIGHT help at the pursers desk if you run into a problem getting it done.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

We were not happy with this cabin. :( Had 12 nights of very little sleep. A constant drone & a tap, tapping, particularly bad at night when the ship is quieter. The window was recessed so our pillows kept falling down a gap of about 8 inches. The sofa had seen better days, exceptionally soiled & grubby.:eek: This area on deck 2, we discovered, can also be used as a disembarkation point at ports of call. Very noisy & very crowded as people queued to get off. Would not recommend this cabin unless you are hard of hearing, don't need a pillow to sleep or a reasonable sofa to sit on & love pushing through crowds to get to breakfast in the morning.:rolleyes:

they should be able to open up as the doors are on opposite ends.

You are not going to be able to sit around but sit on your own balcony and chat through the door

Since these are afts- the whole divider will not open. Only a door.

DIviders sit at an angle and these balconies are semi private

Just returned from the Carnival Magic, and was so looking fwd to the AFT balcony, floor 9, just below the Lido deck AFT pool. Yep, early AM heard deck chairs being scraped across the deck, like nails on a chalkboard. The first morning I went out on deck thinking neighbors were out there and hollered "whats going on". We soon learned it was the deck chairs. Didn't really like the AFT balcony, prefer "sides" so you can see out into ocean.

We were on an aft balcony cabin in Jan. and loved it! The only objection that I could have was that it was the AFT part of the ship and lots of things happened on the Forward part and it is a long way from front to back.

We were on an aft balcony cabin in Jan. and loved it! The only objection that I could have was that it was the AFT part of the ship and lots of things happened on the Forward part and it is a long way from front to back.

I found that to be true on the Voyager of RCL. But on other carnival ships most of the stuff was in the aft. (Food, Pools, Comedy clubs.)

the only time I had to travel forward is when we wanted to go to the main show lounge.

Im going to have to look at the deck plans to see how much stuff is different on the Magic compared to the other class ships

I found that to be true on the Voyager of RCL. But on other carnival ships most of the stuff was in the aft. (Food, Pools, Comedy clubs.)

the only time I had to travel forward is when we wanted to go to the main show lounge.

I'm going to have to look at the deck plans to see how much stuff is different on the Magic compared to the other class ships

Stay away from 6507, 6476, and 6474 unless you don't go to sleep until after 2pm! It is amazing that on a new ship where the ceiling of a comedy club meets the floor of upgraded cabins (cabins are quite nice!) that there is no insulation? Even better, some simple detective work revealed that speakers are attached to the ceilings (how absolutely ignorant). Obviously this experience is consistent with the multiple mechanical problems with Carnival. Not only do these ships tend to attract the "fun party" drinkers, but apparently the planning staff are also clueless? The only reason to be attracted to these cabins is if you feel the need for some punishment.

DJ:)

Stay away from 6507, 6476, and 6474 unless you don't go to sleep until after 2pm! It is amazing that on a new ship where the ceiling of a comedy club meets the floor of upgraded cabins (cabins are quite nice!) that there is no insulation? Even better, some simple detective work revealed that speakers are attached to the ceilings (how absolutely ignorant). Obviously this experience is consistent with the multiple mechanical problems with Carnival. Not only do these ships tend to attract the "fun party" drinkers, but apparently the planning staff are also clueless? The only reason to be attracted to these cabins is if you feel the need for some punishment.

DJ:)

I have learned that it is safer to have cabins above and below. We had a problem on the Carnival Conquest with speakers aimed straight up. The floor vibrated and we could hear every word.

Kids area below cabin #6107. Any noise or vibration concerns? Also, what is gray area forward on Empress deck on Spririt Class ships identified in title?

Vibrations if any are usually felt in the back.

the camp are for 2-5 are on the other side 6-8 age group is on the same side as you are on. But you are not over that area either.

this ship is amazing when it comes to sound proofing the cabin areas.

the forward gray area is the area the bridge crew uses to move between decks.