Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Any insight in to a "premium" balcony on Carnival Triumph #6451 - at the end/aft - looks like it has a longer balcony - might be L shaped. Or even comments for being on the 6th floor.

if you go to the top tool bar and do a search look at L shape cabins.

some like it- some dont.

your best bet is to see if the empress deck is available.

t

Hi Serene, do you know if rooms 2358 & 2361 interiors, right next to the mid ship elevators, on the main deck of the Conquest have any noise issues from the galley above? The deck plans show as if they are a little bit under it. Thanks a bunch!

Hi Serene, do you know if rooms 2358 & 2361 interiors, right next to the mid ship elevators, on the main deck of the Conquest have any noise issues from the galley above? The deck plans show as if they are a little bit under it. Thanks a bunch!

Considering the number of ships and number of itineraries and description of sewage on the Triumph (and whether issues in July), with sales going on, why not apply deposit elsewhere?

I would bet the mechanics will be good, don't know how the smell from overflowing toilets, especially in lower/non-balcony cabins will end up (even with new mattresses, etc.). Most certainly, I'd never get MDW onto that ship at any price.

DJ:eek:

Considering the number of ships and number of itineraries and description of sewage on the Triumph (and whether issues in July), with sales going on, why not apply deposit elsewhere?

I would bet the mechanics will be good, don't know how the smell from overflowing toilets, especially in lower/non-balcony cabins will end up (even with new mattresses, etc.). Most certainly, I'd never get MDW onto that ship at any price.

DJ:eek:

The conquest and Triumph are two different ships. (two different classes even)

Debating moving from 7444 on Carnival Freedom to an ocean suite, any thoughts? Price difference is $370. We are travelling with another couple, so the bigger balcony is a plus.

Is this your first aft balcony?

your balcony will be bigger then the side one-- probably bigger then the suite.

if your steward will give you two extra chairs to sit out there may be another issue.

BUT after balconies are warm, there are no ocean breezes back there. very little shade-- if any.

but your question it to a suite.. how much time will be spent in the cabin?

Hi Seren, you gave us excellent advice oin our Destiny cruise last September, looking forward to your thoughts on this one. This is our first aft balcony, we have the "regular" balcony before.

We will spend a lot of time on the balcony, the sun and no breeze are fine, we live in Florida and are outdoors a lot anyway. I hate being cold more than anything else. I don't see his son and gf spending a whole lot of time out there with us. If we are in teh cabin, odds are we are on the balcony if we are not sleeping. I am leaning towards keeping the aft balcony at this point, but would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Seren, you gave us excellent advice oin our Destiny cruise last September, looking forward to your thoughts on this one. This is our first aft balcony, we have the "regular" balcony before.

We will spend a lot of time on the balcony, the sun and no breeze are fine, we live in Florida and are outdoors a lot anyway. I hate being cold more than anything else. I don't see his son and gf spending a whole lot of time out there with us. If we are in teh cabin, odds are we are on the balcony if we are not sleeping. I am leaning towards keeping the aft balcony at this point, but would love to hear your thoughts.

I would keep the aft. I loved the aft until they changed categories now they cost more

you can not sleep out there because some times in the mid morning they turn on the sprinklers to hose down the salt build up.

I used to think it rained every night.

also- wipe down chairs before you sit down incase of soot issues. I never had them but it has been widely reported

Edited by serene56

Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms? Do they have a window? What is obstructed? Are these rooms noisy being under the bridge? Are these quiet rooms? Thanks for your help, Diane

they have a wall as your view.

these are cabins that have a window but they have have an inside price tag because of the obstruction.

there will be a very public deck outside that window. People go out here to view coming and goings--especially into ports. Not a lot of people know that its there. You can not see the doors from the hall. The door is off on either side of the ship.

People do tend to slam that door and if it gets to be too much-- throw a towel over the top of the door to keep it from slamming.

please be aware that some of these cabins could be handicapped and you want to avoid the cabin with the little * inside-- these beds do not go together but sit head board to headboard.

You will not hear anything from the bridge-- there may be two people up there-- they play with their joysticks

IF you hit rough waters YOU will feel most of the motion being that far forward

I'm not nearly as experienced at cruising as most of you, so forgive my naivete. Don't most people look at the deck plans of the ship on which they're booked before committing to a cabin? I can understand getting "stuck" in a noisy or otherwise less-desirable cabin when you have no other option on a particular sailing. If sleeping "normal" nighttime hours is important on a cruise, why would you ever book a cabin adjacent to the disco, or elevators, or the laundry, or above or below the night club unless it's so discounted it's a "offer you can't refuse?" Noise-cancelling headsets? Ear plugs? Liquid anesthetics:confused:?

Has anyone stayed in this cabin? It's 2 cabins away from the atrium, is this a good location? Serene please help

you are two cabins and a wall away from the glass atrium elevators. the atrium is located on deck 3-- which is where you board.

you are over and above cabins and away from public areas.

You didn't ask me, but if you want a second opinion, I agree that I'd for sure keep the balcony. You said you don't mind the sun & no breeze, so IMHO it's a no brainer that this is probably the perfect balcony for you. As far as the size, it's deeper, and although not nearly as private, the view is great. If you tend to spend a lot of time on the balcony, I'd definately suggest it. If I could afford it, I'd get the afts every time. I didn't have problems with soot, but next door to us someone vomited over the side of the ship above us (idiot) and the steward had to be called late at night to clean it up. I think that was probably a rare occurrence and it wouldn't deter me from booking one again.

Has anyone stayed in any of these rooms? Do they have a window? What is obstructed? Are these rooms noisy being under the bridge? Are these quiet rooms? Thanks for your help, Diane

I've stayed in one and DS stayed in another on the Victory. On the deck plans, it looked like her room was bigger, but I think it was actually smaller. Both rooms were configured differently than a regular room. Hers had very little floor space and her vanity area was tiny. There was traffic outside the window very early in the morning. One man used it as a type of sports deck, doing exercises right outside the window. Most of the time it was empty. No view of the water unless you go outside to the open deck. I did feel a little more motion there. They were very quiet. I liked the access to the outside decks, but the wind was brutal on our sailing and we didn't really get to enjoy it. I'd book them again at a good price, hoping that I'd get more use out of the small deck. I do recommend them if you don't have motion issues and don't mind not having a standard cabin size & layout. Coming and going into ports we had the perfect vantage point, although anyone could use that deck, it was nice having it just outside our door, even if we didn't get to use it much other than that.

On the Splendor they may be different, since it's a newer class of ship. This was my experience on the Victory.

Edited by cruzzza

You didn't ask me, but if you want a second opinion, I agree that I'd for sure keep the balcony. You said you don't mind the sun & no breeze, so IMHO it's a no brainer that this is probably the perfect balcony for you. As far as the size, it's deeper, and although not nearly as private, the view is great. If you tend to spend a lot of time on the balcony, I'd definately suggest it. If I could afford it, I'd get the afts every time. I didn't have problems with soot, but next door to us someone vomited over the side of the ship above us (idiot) and the steward had to be called late at night to clean it up. I think that was probably a rare occurrence and it wouldn't deter me from booking one again.

I welcome all opinions, thank you for jumping in. I am looking forward to wine and the aft view - it seems like we spent a lot of time at the aft of the Destiny, looking at that view (when we weren;t on our own balcony). I think it will be great, and looking forward to getting SO hooked on te aft balcony for future cruises.

I just metioned serne56 because she kept us from booking a terrible cabin, I upgraded us for his birthday last year and it worked out great. It was his first cruise, so it was important to get him hooked!

did you get him hooked?

took my honey on the victory for his first cruise back in 2001 he came off that and booked us on the voyager. just came back from #18

i took him to disney too but he didnt like that as much- until i took him again with the grand daughter. and now we are going back there again

you are two cabins and a wall away from the glass atrium elevators. The atrium is located on deck 3-- which is where you board.

You are over and above cabins and away from public areas.

thank you very much serene

does anyone know if this is a good cabin or not,

its a good choice for an inside.

under fun shops so away from public noise. easy access to the elevator.

take an alarm clock or use the wake up service on the phone.

Inside cabins are extreme darkness 24/7