Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Just as a note I had a sister that got carsick... she HAD to sit upfront, yeah right! She did say that the motion that caused the sickness could get worse if she staring out at the countryside. She could have read a book in the back seat. Others say just the opposite, that reading and not seeing the outside makes it worse. I bet if you don't mention it, have a positive attitude he might not even notice. BUT you are correct to have the Bonine in case.

I get car sick easily. I cannot read, or look at anything in the car (but scenery outside the car is fine) and I have to have cool air blowing on me at all times. I take Bonine with me on all cruises, but fortunately I've never needed it. We've had a couple of rough days at sea too, but I've been fine. I will still continue to have Bonine just in case though. I've only been in inside cabins too and it's been fine. Best night sleep ever actually thanks to the darkness and the quiet and the gentle rocking.

Has anyone stayed in E408 on the Caribbean Princess or any of her sister ships? Or know about any pictures of the view.

Charles

:confused:

lifeboats-- but i dont see a lifeboat outside of 408

http://images.cruiseshiprooms.com/U-Princess-Caribbean-Princess-E320-4e1ef0128a680.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/joherb/Crown%20Princess/DSCN0043.jpg

So glad this thread is still cranking along. We just moved from a suite to a "Deluxe Owner Suite" on the Dawn. It is giving a single person traveling with us a chance for us all to be together and enjoy the suite life. However, 12000 is VERY different compared to the picture and diagrams used for these suites.

12000 is one of the "pointy" ones. So the good news is that there are 2 bedrooms. The bad news is that there is no balcony which wasn't a deal breaker. The issue is the master bedroom. Given the floor to ceiling windows I am wondering if, when the Dawn hits the southern climates, does that room bake?:eek: And since they carved out these bedrooms and bathrooms, the living room area seems tiny with two sort of narrow windows and a metal beam dividing them. You Tube has several video walk throughs and this Owner Suite seems very different compared to other ships. Any info on it? Thanks! margreth

How about a thread telling cruisers where not to stay. I was just on the Carnival Triumph, room 8410, below the back of the lido - pool deck. I didn't think it would be too bad, as usually the rear pool bar closes early at night. My room was near the 24 hour pizzeria. DON'T STAY IN THIS AREA. Due to the wooden deck, you will hear chairs and tables being moved between 11 pm and 5 am while you are attempting to sleep. It's constant. It seemed at 4:45 AM the staff was cleaning this area. One night they had a private party at the rear pool area, a dj started at 11 pm and it went until 3 am. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM you get the picture. On the other hand, being just one deck below the pools and buffet was nice. Just take a sleeping pill like I did every night.

Where are other places to avoid?

You didn't think it would be too bad? You were on CARNIVAL!

I was on the Liberty last year cabin 8434 Veranda deck. Right below pizzaria and Versailles pool and bar aft. The deck cleaning with chair and table banging and scraping was so loud I thought the ceiling was going to fall in.

This started at midnight and lasted until 3:30am. And I am a heavy sleeper.

I got dressed and went down to file a complaint at 5am. They said that this would be checked into. I asked to be moved but was a full ship.

Next day I got an apology letter, then a phone call the next day.

The last day another letter stating that they will credit my sign and sail acct.

400.00 per person. That was very nice. Was it because I complained LOUDLY, or maybe because there was a group of hundreds of travel agents on board and didn't know if I was one and could give Carnival a bad name to future guests.:confused:

Carnival does not need Travel Agents to give them a bad name ... Carnival does well at that all on their own!

Carnival does not need Travel Agents to give them a bad name ... Carnival does well at that all on their own!

We were on the Magic on New Year's Day 2012. As we live in Houston this was pretty much a last-minute smallest-expense sort of get-away and I thought a no-brainer (like what could go wrong?). We were "fortunate" and obtained a lovely aft balcony. BUT it was just above an entertainment venue (comedy club), but I thought it is a new ship and it was built with the knowledge that the club was being placed just below 4 cabins! Of course, I was wrong. To make it even worse, the club's audio system were speakers mounted ON THE CEILING so we had music, percussion, and clear language through the carpeted floor of our cabin (no joking). So, even new construction (at least with Carnival) is a joke. (Sounds like US construction?)

My dealings with passenger service were laced with obvious lies. Found out that two of my neighbors had complained, but I was told that nobody else did. (Even after saying that I was a Carnival stockholder.) Finally received the discount/OBC for this disaster and purchased a new watch onboard with the $$. Each time I wear this watch I remember to check above and below my selected cabin and to be warned. Actually in retrospect, we would have been much more happy (ignorance is bliss) if we had not taken this cruise. Better to be wistful regarding what I had missed than have returned to Carnival.

Being told that Carnival is different or focuses its interest on a "different" population should be a warning. My conclusion, in comparison to even Princess and Holland America, is that Carnival caters to folks who don't know any different! I'll always remember the fine service and impressive looking plates of food at dinner -- and my surprise how most of the food was inedible! How do they do it?

DJ:)

We were on the Magic on New Year's Day 2012. As we live in Houston this was pretty much a last-minute smallest-expense sort of get-away and I thought a no-brainer (like what could go wrong?). We were "fortunate" and obtained a lovely aft balcony. BUT it was just above an entertainment venue (comedy club), but I thought it is a new ship and it was built with the knowledge that the club was being placed just below 4 cabins! Of course, I was wrong. To make it even worse, the club's audio system were speakers mounted ON THE CEILING so we had music, percussion, and clear language through the carpeted floor of our cabin (no joking). So, even new construction (at least with Carnival) is a joke. (Sounds like US construction?)

My dealings with passenger service were laced with obvious lies. Found out that two of my neighbors had complained, but I was told that nobody else did. (Even after saying that I was a Carnival stockholder.) Finally received the discount/OBC for this disaster and purchased a new watch onboard with the $$. Each time I wear this watch I remember to check above and below my selected cabin and to be warned. Actually in retrospect, we would have been much more happy (ignorance is bliss) if we had not taken this cruise. Better to be wistful regarding what I had missed than have returned to Carnival.

Being told that Carnival is different or focuses its interest on a "different" population should be a warning. My conclusion, in comparison to even Princess and Holland America, is that Carnival caters to folks who don't know any different! I'll always remember the fine service and impressive looking plates of food at dinner -- and my surprise how most of the food was inedible! How do they do it?

Sorry for your disappointment. We loved Magic when we sailed her last yr. I'm thinking the lesson here is also not to assume anything and do your research before choosing a cabin.

Sorry for your disappointment. We loved Magic when we sailed her last yr. I'm thinking the lesson here is also not to assume anything and do your research before choosing a cabin.

Read that some TA say that a new ship will overcome previous difficulties. Apparently other Carnival performance venues place speakers in ceilings that are the floors of passenger cabins above. Do NOT assume that anyone has thought to reposition speakers or insert the proper sound insulation! Even on aft cabins of a newer ship, be cautious about the lowest and highest decks because they are likely to be the locations of public space.

DJ:(

• 2 weeks later...

We have booked a deluxe inside cabin for our upcoming cruise and just wondered if we can expect to be kept awake every night by the dancing in the Ballroom which is not directly above, but close to it. We are a good distance away from the stage, but the noise from the speakers could be a problem, depending on their location. Can anyone help with information, it would be appreciated. :confused:

We have booked a deluxe inside cabin for our upcoming cruise and just wondered if we can expect to be kept awake every night by the dancing in the Ballroom which is not directly above, but close to it. We are a good distance away from the stage, but the noise from the speakers could be a problem, depending on their location. Can anyone help with information, it would be appreciated. :confused:

Winter 2011 (and now two cruises later) I had deluded myself, thinking that we were going on a brand-new ship, and most certainly ship builders have caught on that cruise passengers really like to sleep at night -- but NO!! Our aft cabin was directly above a comedy club in which the speakers were attached to the ceiling. We had booming base and disruptive music throughout our otherwise lovely cabin til 2 or 3am every day! If we had two lounges on our balcony, we would have just slept outside!

I don't know how many Cunard passengers will respond to you specifically, but if you are in a non-balcony cabin, you have nowhere to go? I've learned my lesson completely.

Please confirm, has anyone ever been booked on Rhapsody of The Seas cabin 8016. I'm listening and reading so many responses about cabins selections. However my cabin is facing more forward and I'm concerned. If someone have booked this room before or one next to it please tell me if you experience any problems while I still have time to change cabins. Any responses would be beneficial.

Please confirm, has anyone ever been booked on Rhapsody of The Seas cabin 8016. I'm listening and reading so many responses about cabins selections. However my cabin is facing more forward and I'm concerned. If someone have booked this room before or one next to it please tell me if you experience any problems while I still have time to change cabins. Any responses would be beneficial.

Forward facing cabins sail directly into the wind making their balconies very difficult to be on. Some ships actually block the forward balconies off while the ship is underway as a safety measure. Ask questions regarding restrictions that may apply to your cabin and use of your balcony while ship is moving.

Enjoy your cruise!

at over 400 days til your cruise-- yes you can move as many times as you want.

It will be too windy for you to utlize your balcony during sea days

I just returned from my first cruise... We were on the Upper Deck of the Carnival Elation... The only time the noise was bothersome was when we arrived at port, as we were in the forward porthole cabins. I'm thinking about booking another cruise... And was looking for advice. In general, which areas/decks are the least noisy? We will probably be taking a ship out of Galveston

Carnival Elation May 18, 2013

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

On the Triumph most Deck 1 cabins are good. On the 2nd deck you need to avoid being under the Galley. In general look at what is above and below your cabin. If its guest cabins you should be safe. I love the Lido balcony cabins but in the Winter Deck 1.

We have been on the Magic. I can tell you what was good, cant tell you what is bad. It is a very, very big ship. If your cabin is at either end what you want will probably be at the other!

I don't think that I would like an inside cabin anywhere!

Edited by gwinel

• 2 weeks later...

Hi we are first time cruises and this our first question (which I suspect will be the first of many). We have booked a balcony cabin (7116) and an inside cabin for our teenagers (7115). We are cruising on Rhapsody of the Sea. Could anyone tell us what these cabins are like. Many thanks.

So I guess no one has any info on the effect of the Dawn's "Deluxe Owners Suite" huge windows and no balconies on the temperature?:eek: margretha

never sailed but i am sure there are curtains that you can close during the day