Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

Does anyone have any information about Cabin 8552 on RCCL Explorer of the Seas? It is three cabins away from elevators and when I googled it, I read a review from a deck plan website that indicated there may be mechanical noise from the elevator. It is one of only three balcony cabins available for a sailing I am considering - so I am concerned that there may be a reason why it is still available. Thanks!

Does anyone have any information about Cabin 8552 on RCCL Explorer of the Seas? It is three cabins away from elevators and when I googled it, I read a review from a deck plan website that indicated there may be mechanical noise from the elevator. It is one of only three balcony cabins available for a sailing I am considering - so I am concerned that there may be a reason why it is still available. Thanks!

your cabin is across from the hall from the inside cabin. the elevator is in a room separated from the hall where the cabins are -- so you will walk around to the entrance to that elevator.

Can someone give me any info on 8421 on Carnival Triumph?

Maybe a picture?

its an inside cabin for two people its also located under the pool deck which may get you chair scrapping noises.

its a basic cabin- nothing special. most all carnival cabins look identical.

so if you do a google search for a carnival inside cabin-- its what it will look like

it will look similar to this:

Edited by serene56

your cabin is across from the hall from the inside cabin. the elevator is in a room separated from the hall where the cabins are -- so you will walk around to the entrance to that elevator.

Webgal and Serene - thanks for your advice. Sounds like a decent cabin to me.

Booked on Star Princess A408. Wondering about noise from the deck above. Also curious about the fact that this room says it can accommodate a third person. Will this impact the space in the room? How does the third person accommodation work? There are only two of us...

We booked an obstructed view balcony guarantee.. have now been assigned a room

NCL Dawn #8020

I do know that it is not obstructed, and is not one of the hull balconies. I do see that it is REALLY forward and over the theater.

Anything else I should be on the look out for? I've never had a cabin so forward, so wondering how much motion there will be. (normally, anyway) We're not going to have much luck changing at this point. It's an upgrade from what we paid for.

We are part of a group and didn't realize the main planners had booked us in the lowest level of verandah staterooms available. We originally booked 6186, which I deduced has the lifeboat all the way across.

I learned there are some of this class stateroom that have a gap in between the lifeboats, but those are booked, so I changed rooms to 6202, which I've read has a partial view between lifeboats.

Does anyone know for sure if this is a decent room? We thought about upgrading one class, but that causes a whole host of other problems, including proximity to the rest of our group.

Does anyone know for sure if this is a decent room? We thought about upgrading one class, but that causes a whole host of other problems, including proximity to the rest of our group.

you are not going to be hanging in either others cabin. you can always meet up for dinner etc. If you are going to be more comfortable in a different category-- then I would be moving

you are not going to be hanging in either others cabin. you can always meet up for dinner etc. If you are going to be more comfortable in a different category-- then I would be moving

Right, we won't actually be in each others' cabins, but we meet up in the hallway before excursions, dinner, shows, etc, and don't want to be on the opposite side of the ship, or on a different deck and get unintentionally "left out" of things. In addition, upgrading will cost more (plus the cruise in general increased in price since we booked), as well as increase the travel insurance fees.

What I'd mostly like to know is how much space there is on the balcony to see between the lifeboats. We enjoy looking down to watch the ship dock. All those obstructed balcony views are just a little different, and I know that this one has at least some view between lifeboats, but just looking for a little more info (is it just a few inches and I have to lean way over towards my neighbor's balcony, for instance) from someone who may have actually been in this stateroom, or 6201, on any Solstice Class.

Edited by Cougsie

d I know that this one has at least some view between lifeboats, but just looking for a little more info (is it just a few inches and I have to lean way over towards my neighbor's balcony, for instance) from someone who may have actually been in this stateroom, or 6201, on any Solstice Class.

I think your best bet is to head to the Celebrity forum and ask there-

is from the web site

All Category 2C staterooms have partially obstructed veranda views, and all Category 2D staterooms have obstructed veranda views

6201 is a category is a 2D-- (i dont see a 2C???

Please let me know what you find out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYmXS1ovOWQ

another:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYWRQw7FUXM

from looking at these videos it looks like you will not be able to look down into the waters. only looking straight out

Edited by serene56

We are in cabin 6232 on the Legend. Is this a good cabin?

Not sure if you got a response but we were on the Legend in Sept and had this room - not bad. The only draw back was that the outside noises were kind of loud - banging, sounded like the room steward was knocking his cart against the walls. Again the room itself was fine and the balcony was great. Not a bad room and had no trouble sleeping at night

Not sure if you got a response but we were on the Legend in Sept and had this room - not bad. The only draw back was that the outside noises were kind of loud - banging, sounded like the room steward was knocking his cart against the walls. Again the room itself was fine and the balcony was great. Not a bad room and had no trouble sleeping at night

the room is located next to the cabin stewards storage room. stewards for the deck use that area,.

did you hear that noise all week ? at various times?

We had that cabin and heard nothing at all all week long.

the sinks are on the other wall. away from the head of the bed

Hello,

Just found out RCCL assigned this ocean view room 2252 to us on Independence of Sea.

Is it a good one, ok one, bad one? I notice it's near Elev. and there is Ice Rink and theater on the same floor (Deck 2).

Thanks!

Need some experts' advise here:

Called the TA, trying to switch to deck 7, 8 or 9, but she came back saying since what we have is the "guaranteed" oceanview room (2252), they cannot do it...what she suggested is when it's time to cruise, get on the ship, check out the room, if still don't like it, talk to the cruise line.

Is this normal or should I call back?

Thanks!

Need some experts' advise here:

Called the TA, trying to switch to deck 7, 8 or 9, but she came back saying since what we have is the "guaranteed" oceanview room (2252), they cannot do it...what she suggested is when it's time to cruise, get on the ship, check out the room, if still don't like it, talk to the cruise line.

Is this normal or should I call back?

Thanks!

you booked a guarantee-- if you want to move your cabin you will have to pay the difference between what you paid for the guarantee and the going rate for the category you want now.

what about the cabin you do not like?

did you book an oceanview quarantee

Edited by serene56

Booking a guarantee is not for everyone-- if there are sections of the ship you will not be happy with do NOT book a guarantee.

MOST people get the category they booked - rare do you get the free upgrades

you booked a guarantee-- if you want to move your cabin you will have to pay the difference between what you paid for the guarantee and the going rate for the category you want now.

what about the cabin you do not like?

did you book an oceanview quarantee

Thanks for the replies!! Yes, I was on Deck 9 insideroom and paid $100 more to go to this so-called "guaranteed" oceanview two days ago. Thought I got a great deal.

I'm at 2252 now, called them again, they offered me 2362.

Here is the info about these rooms from two web sites:

cabins 2244-2294 are across the hall from elevators, the conference room, Studio B, and the ice rink. There will be more traffic in those areas during daytime and early evening hours, however once the ice rink closes for the night, there should not be a concern over excessive noise.

Aft cabins 2354-2678 are located beneath the main dining room, so there could be noise before, during, and after hours open.

------------------------------

Cabins 2244 - 2294 and 2544 - 2594 are across from elevators, the conference center, Studio B, and the Ice Rink. In our opinion, noise from public traffic might be a concern during the day in any of these staterooms.

Cabins 2354 - 2678 are located under the main dining room. There could be some potential for noise issues in any of these staterooms. However, it will likely be during hours when you are not in the cabin, so the location is not likely to impair your ability to sleep.

What do you think? which one is better? or the same?

Thanks!

Booking a guarantee is not for everyone-- if there are sections of the ship you will not be happy with do NOT book a guarantee.

MOST people get the category they booked - rare do you get the free upgrades

Yup, lessons learned.

Thanks for the replies!! Yes, I was on Deck 9 insideroom and paid $100 more to go to this so-called "guaranteed" oceanview two days ago. Thought I got a great deal.

I'm at 2252 now, called them again, they offered me 2362.

Here is the info about these rooms from two web sites:

cabins 2244-2294 are across the hall from elevators, the conference room, Studio B, and the ice rink. There will be more traffic in those areas during daytime and early evening hours, however once the ice rink closes for the night, there should not be a concern over excessive noise.

Aft cabins 2354-2678 are located beneath the main dining room, so there could be noise before, during, and after hours open.

------------------------------

Cabins 2244 - 2294 and 2544 - 2594 are across from elevators, the conference center, Studio B, and the Ice Rink. In our opinion, noise from public traffic might be a concern during the day in any of these staterooms.

Cabins 2354 - 2678 are located under the main dining room. There could be some potential for noise issues in any of these staterooms. However, it will likely be during hours when you are not in the cabin, so the location is not likely to impair your ability to sleep.

What do you think? which one is better? or the same?

Thanks!

i would take 2362 before I took the other room-- one-- I like being in the aft of the ship- that is where everything is located.

but last few cruises I have always booked right off the aft elevators. you should not hear anything if you are in your cabin and the door is shut tight.

the dining room is carpeted so no noise issue there

Edited by serene56

i would take 2362 before I took the other room-- one-- I like being in the aft of the ship- that is where everything is located.

but last few cruises I have always booked right off the aft elevators. you should not hear anything if you are in your cabin and the door is shut tight.

the dining room is carpeted so no noise issue there

Changed to 2362, thank you so much for the help!!