Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I was on the Carnival Conquest in 2010, and all I can say is not to get the inside cabins from 2422 on one side and 2425 on the other to 2290 and 2291. That is Main deck....I didnt know about cc and how to pick a cabin, and it was like trying to sleep under a bowling ally :mad:....they are all under the galley and they are rolling the big carts around all night long....needless to say, I havent used the TA that booked that cabin for me again :eek:

Edited by skyfire53
added ship name in title

Deck 6 (6244) on the Triumph/Victory. We were right above the speakers in the show lounge. The floors vibrated from the noise late into the night and you could hear the shows very clearly. We were traveling with small children at the time and wanted them to get some sleep. It was impossible. Questioned the location of the cabin when I booked it with TA and was assured "ships are built better these days and you won't hear a thing" Yeah right!

Since then I have always booked a cabin sandwiched between passenger decks and have not had a problem. Just turned down an upgrade from deck 5 to deck 8 on the Pride in two weeks...it will be much quieter than under the Pizza area.

Usually the main show lounge doesn't have anything going on after the 2nd showing of the production show. I'm assuming these would usually be over by 11:30pm. Not a problem for me since I'm usually up till at least midnight but would be a problem for folks with children.

Edited by Jana60

Usually the main show lounge doesn't have anything going on after the 2nd showing of the production show. I'm assuming these would usually be over by 11:30pm. Not a problem for me since I'm usually up till at least midnight but would be a problem for folks with children.

the dancers practice after midnight. THe sound is not as loud as when the actually show takes place though

Anyone know anything about this cabin? From the deck plans - it's by some elevators and a big white block-out across the hall. Any noise issues from this white block?

Also, does anyone know if it is a glass-faced balcony or one of the steel balconies - read on another thread that the people paid for a balcony and got an all steel railing? And the Princess web-site does state:

"Stateroom views are considered unobstructed unless noted otherwise. Obstructions do not include certain nautical items like handrails, dividers or ship hardware. For balcony staterooms, the view is determined from the perspective of the balcony railing. Balconies may have either solid steel or toughened glass railings."

Makes me a little nervous.

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has any info on Carnival Splendor's Cabin 6407?

We just took the plunge and booked two of the legs around South America.

Wanted to stay in the same cabin and our travel agent said that this location would be very quiet. After reading some posts and looking closely at the deck plans, it looks like we are above the coffee shop and a bar area. I like being in the middle for less motion but will try and change for a quieter spot.

Thanks for any info anyone can give me.

Serene56,

Thank you for the info. My TA just changed us to cabin 7250. A little closer to the front and higher than I wanted but better than the teen club.

Thanks again.

Sharon

awesome move-- and good sleeping too

We switched from u226 to e240. Will we like this room better? I was thinking it would be more convenient with the aft stairs there but now I'm worried it may be too busy of a location because of the stairs right there..:rolleyes: lol

you will NOT be using those stairs located there-- they are for crew members to move from one area to the next.

they also do not go all the way through.

You might get some vibration shuddering from this area.

We switched from u226 to e240. Will we like this room better? I was thinking it would be more convenient with the aft stairs there but now I'm worried it may be too busy of a location because of the stairs right there..:rolleyes: lol

you will NOT be using those stairs located there-- they are for crew members to move from one area to the next.

they also do not go all the way through.

The cabin is located under a crew area. You were better off where you were.

You might get some vibration shuddering from this area.

Taking my 17 and 24 yr old daughters on our first cruise Sept 22 on the Carnival Elation and wondered where the best Oceanview cabin is (I am a super light sleeper)

R199

M207

U181

E195 (dining room is above - carpetted-- but go any further midship here you wil get noise from the Galley

Anyone been in an OCEANVIew aft not a balcony We'll be on the Dream in Oct. main deck 2501.

Help please:confused: Is it rocky back here. Are the rooms in a bad location????

There is only one deck of oceanviews across the back.

Main deck 2

there are some cabins there that are larger then the others.

You will get vibration/shuddering when you are coming or going from a port. when you arrive back home all the sudden it will become real quiet.

are they in a bad location? no. its just a longer walk to the stairs / elevators.

is it rocky? not if you dont hit rough waters== and if you do it will be rocky all over th eplace

Serene56 could you help we are going on the Carnival Dream in Oct. and are booked in room 2501. We"ve never stayed in an aft oceanview room before.

Is the room and location ok or should we try and relocate??

Thanks for any help

i would see if 4277 or 2450 is available (way bigger room) and under cabin space and away from the grey area which is under you now.

and if they are notavailable I would move closer to the elevator

i would see if 4277 or 2450 is available (way bigger room) and under cabin space and away from the grey area which is under you now.

and if they are notavailable I would move closer to the elevator

Thanks for the advice we moved but now we're at the front R1229 and it's a triple room so they said they could move us if someone needs a triple and that they can move us anywhere:eek:

I hope I did the right thing.:confused: