Don't book this (these) rooms

SPARKY12

I am a first time cruiser. carnival conquest Balcony guarantee. We got room 8319. I know it is below the pool deck on Conquest. How bad is the noise really, from the Lido deck above? Will ear plugs be enough? I love our location and the convenience of where we are and I hear the view is spectacular but I'd love to hear from people who have been in this room or ones on the same (Verandah) deck nearby!

Just wanted to pass along a few words of wisdom based on our most recent experience.

This cabin is modified for handicapped use. They were running a special on 4k's for our sailing, and since there were a couple of modified cabins available, we decided to opt for one, while of course offering to switch should anyone with special needs require it. We booked only 45 days out, so we were pretty comfortable that we weren't preventing a passenger who needed a modified cabin from booking.

The extra space to move about was nice, there was a little less storage room however. The roll-in shower was a really poorly thought out design. We've been booked in modified rooms in hotels, and I've never seen a bathroom flood like this one did. If the drain was just a fraction of an inch lower than the rest of the tiles the water would have moved to the drain. Instead, it spread all over the bathroom. We used multiple towels each shower to wipe up the mess, and had we had mobility issues, it could have been dangerous.

We are used to balcony cabins, and with that configuration there is a hallway and a bathroom between the bed and the cabin door. In this cabin (maybe all inside cabins, as we've never booked one before) the bed was right next to the cabin door, so foot traffic was very noticeable.

In addition, this particular cabin was right next to the cleaning crew closet which was also used by other departments for storage. From around 6:45 am to 11:00 pm there was constant door slamming. I would never book this cabin (or any cabin next to any storage area) again.

I felt badly that since modified cabins can be hard to come by, someone may have to settle for this particular one.

One humorous note. DH, who actually does suffer from a debilitating medical condition (but doesn't require special assistance at this point) kept bumping the emergency button at the head of the bed. The phone would start ringing in the middle of the night, and I knew he'd done it again, LOL. It was nice of them to check up on him, but it would seem like they could ask if you want the call button disconnected prior to sailing, as many people probably don't need it.

I have read some old posts that these cabins were balcony cabins but because of winds forward they are sold as Oceanview. Some posts have said that during port days they could open the door and sit on the balcony. And on sea days they are secured shut. Anyone have recent info on these cabins.

Edie

I booked a guarantee balcony on Crown Princess, and recently received stateroom C101. This is a BB but the very first cabin in front. Is it true that the balcony is secured at night, and open when in port? If so, that would put a major crimp on our cruise since we love to sit on balcony to read, have breakfast and have a glass of wine before going to bed. Not sure that we could get a different stateroom anyway since we're leaving in 9 days.Thanks for any info.

• 2 weeks later...

This was our 10th cruise, 5th Princess and we were "upgraded" to this cabin. The problem is that it is DIRECTLY across the crew access room where they do the luggage on embarkation day and debarkation day and where room service and service personnel come up and down onto the floor. It was very noisy 24/7 and though I didn't mind it during the day, I did mind it at night. Try for a different room.

Does anyone have any information on this Cabin?

Thanks,

Bethann

its an inside cabin that sleeps 4. (two beds on the floor- two upper beds.)

if there is 4 of you--- keep those two beds on the floor seperated and placed UNDEr the upper beds to give you more floor space.

if you dont need the upper beds.... forget the tip.

inside cabins are extreme darkness 24/7 take an alarm clock to wake up or you will sleep whole hours away.

What you see on carnival site is what the cabin will look like.

You will not get noise from above- its the spa desk where people go and sign up for stuff

I know this is an OV cabin with picture window, but looking at the deck plan, it looks like it has something in front of it. I know it's not a balcony, but the room next to it is. Does anyone know what this is? Also, this room only accomodates 2. If it doesn't have the pullout sofa, does it have anything in it's place? Thanks!

Just off of Valor yesterday and have info about interior 1A 8357. Beds

were together and could be separated without any problems. Room more

square shaped than narrow-perfect location for quick trips up to Lido

deck! The only issue is ....it is next to a steward pantry that can have no

sound insulation between the rooms. There were extremely loud and

frequent bangs and clanking from moving carts and equipment in and out

of this space. This did not start before 8 in morning, and was over before

10 PM. Not aproblem for us, but would be if you were a late sleeper.

Absolutely no noise from Lido, but occasional noise from heavy stompers

on the stairs.

We are booking a cruise on the NCL Jewel

looking into Deck 9 cabin 9589

it is actually sideways. the other cabins face the another direction,.

I was thinking maybe it was bigger than the average.

Was wondering if this would be a good spot, and is the space around was some sort of crew space that maybe noisy,

Thanks for any help

Terri

Just received our room assignment on the Millie and got 7139. This is a big handicap room, but it backs up to the elevators and it looks as though the people on the elevator can see into the balcony!! This room is the first room forward of the elevator bump out. Does anyone know about this situation. By the way we are NOT handicap, so we could move. I don't think the ship is sold out!!

Does anyone have info about balcony cabins that are "built" around the worker staircases in the rear corners of the ship. The cabins have nice wide balconies, but I am concerned about possible noise problems. Has anyone been in these cabins, including other ships----?

Kathy

Does anyone have info about balcony cabins that are "built" around the worker staircases in the rear corners of the ship. The cabins have nice wide balconies, but I am concerned about possible noise problems. Has anyone been in these cabins, including other ships----?

Kathy

If you mean the L shaped cabins, with the long balcony, I have had one on the Liberty. There was some noise from the lounge below us, because I was on deck 6. Otherwise I don't think there would be noise, none I noticed from the stairs.

Does any one know if the beds in this room can be made into a king?

Its a handicapped cabin and the beds will sit headboard to headboard

it may be similar to this:

2030749760062547426fXUEUk_th.jpg

Edited by serene56