Noise from above in AB suite?

Porterhouse

sailed in the AB 4 times and never heard any noise from above.

The 2nd bedroom certainly will accomodate adult sized-It is not specifically a children's bedroom.

Our 20+ son and his friend have shared it and they are each 6' tall-no problemo

I sailed on the Jewel in the AB and there was noise on the upper deck when they were cleaning every night. It only lasted 10 min. tops. I agree that the 2nd bedroom would fit 2 adults but there is limited closet space. The AB is a wonderful cabin to say the least........:)

Yes, two adults can fit in the second bedroom but it is little. And, the closet space is extremely small. Also, keep in mind that one set of adults is going to have a nice bedroom and a gorgeous to die for bathroom. So, if your splitting the price equally, someone won't be happy.

We just upgraded to an AB from an AF ($500 total upgrade through Travelocity), and we have a 3 year old. Does anyone know/remember if there was a DVD player anywhere in the room? He needs to be entertained, if he's not passed out from the Kids Crew...

Thanks in advance!

Also, is the main bathroom seperated by a door? or just a curtain?

And is the second bedroom accessed through the main bathroom?

None of the above - the master bath and bedroom is separated from the living room by two poket doors. The second bed/ bath is totaly separated from the rest of the cabin.

Here is a link from an AB on the Star - same lyout as the Dawn Jewel, Pearl, PoHI.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

We just upgraded to an AB from an AF ($500 total upgrade through Travelocity), and we have a 3 year old. Does anyone know/remember if there was a DVD player anywhere in the room? He needs to be entertained, if he's not passed out from the Kids Crew...

Thanks in advance!

No DVD play in the kids room but in the living room in all ABs and in the master bedroom on the newest ships

I was wondering if there is noise in the early AM from the deck above in the AB suites.

Thanks, Jack

It will vary by ship and cabin as there are different things above each cabin. Which ship and cabin(s) are you looking at?

We were in 11030 (AB) on the Jewel and only heard noises at night when they were cleaning the deck. Didn't bother us too much, just had more drinks & went to sleep. :D Only DVD player was in the master bedroom. One frosted glass pocket door that separated the master bedroom/bathroom area & only curtain to separate master bedroom from master bathroom. Second bedroom & bathroom could be totally closed off from the rest of the suite with a regular door, and then another regular door to close off the 2nd bedroom/bathroom area from the Foyer. Only problem with having young children is that the 2nd bedroom/bathroom is right next to the entry door. Far enough away from the master bedroom that I don't think you would hear the main door open. I took a video & lots of pictures if you would like to see what it looks like:

This is the video http://family.webshots.com/video/3000742620100393973

Pics start here: http://family.webshots.com/photo/2361824340100393973oeXHdh

Hope this helps - You'll love the AB!

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing your "AB Penthouse" video with us...!!!icon14.gif:)

"Our" AB on the Dawn looks EXACTLY like it except for different color furniture, drapes, bedding and art. I like the colors of the Jewel Better. They are brighter and "happier".

Although, I see that it MUST be the same person picking out the artwork.;)

He or she, seems to have a "funky" artistic sense. That is how I would describe the artwork in the AB's on the Dawn......;)

None of the above - the master bath and bedroom is separated from the living room by two poket doors. The second bed/ bath is totaly separated from the rest of the cabin.

Here is a link from an AB on the Star - same lyout as the Dawn Jewel, Pearl, PoHI.

http://www.orcatekweb.com/Cabin-11550.htm

thanks shoreguy....just what i needed...that explains a lot on if we can take this room or not....seems like the access to the main bathroom is in designed in such a way that sharing it with 4 adults might not work.

Archived