Have you got a spare $3,910.80 hanging around?

AuzzieCruiser

Well if you do, here is an unbelivable cruise for you!!:)

A 29 night cruise from Sydney to LA on the Sapphire Princess!! They are obviously trying to flog the inside cabins. At that price, I would even do 29 nights in an inside cabin!!

Just add around $1000 for the airfare home, and you have a months holiday for just over $4000. Not bad value at all!!:eek:

Hi Jarrod, that does sound good, but remember to add on the U.S $10.00

per night gratuity.

P.S . we are travelling on Sapphire next month in an inside cabin.( don't care where we are as long as we are on the ship.)

if we had the time to spare would do the Sydney-LA.

kindest regards, Lorraine:) :)

Thanks for putting the 'original' post in Lorraine. Went on to have a look at the second one, and it was blank.

A slight correction. It would just be over $5000 for the month.

I would love to do SYD-LA or v.v, would love to have around 30 days on a ship. Only downside would be the onboard account.:eek: I spent around $500US in one week, so I would have a balance of around $2000USD after a month.

we too are in inside cabins. I am also just as happy to be actually on board. Look forward to sharing stories with you Lorraine when you get back.

did you go down andsee her today in sydney.

we went when she was here last. Darling MIL went today

karon

Kaseyoz@hotmail.com

Hi Karon, I will most certainly give you the lowdown on the Sapphire when we get home on March 24.

I am looking in everyday on krooz-cam.com

we live in the Whitsunday area of QLD, so can't get to view her.

Lovely shot tim.

Lorraine , sorry i forgot you were in Qld.

how is the weather treating you, have you had any pf the floods Like townsville.

Jarrod, thanks for the offer. My main question i havent seen answered is if mobile phones work.

where is the best place to be for sailaway. We are leaving from aulkland, wish we were leaving from sydney. Hey who cares we will be leaving on that wonderful ship.

david, thanks for all the links of photos from the webcams, i love looking at them.

karon

Sorry Karon, can't really answer the sail away question, as we enjoyed it on our balcony. Most people seemed to. Though San Pedro wasn't exactly a 'beautiful' harbour. Was great seeing all of those shipping containers!!:rolleyes:

I know that they did have a sailaway up on either Sun or Lido deck.

A good little quiet spot is the back of Aloha Deck. There is a nice small pool at the back. This pool was handy for me, as it was only 7 doors down the hallway. Had a nice view as well.

Another little secret. The Promenade deck is actually split over 2 decks. About 3/4 of it is on the Promenade deck, but the first 1/4 is actually on Emerald Deck. It looks as though it is a crew only area. I never once saw anybody else up there.

Also the Theatre is tiny. It only seats around 600. Also Explorers lounge is even smaller!! I never once got a seat, even after getting there 1hr and 15 minutes early.

A word of warning also, it gets very congested on Promenade deck through the Photo Gallery and Explorers Lounge. There is just one narrow passageway through to the main centrum(besides outside.) This is important if you have chosen Traditional Dining, and you are in the middle or front of the ship, as only the rear lifts service the Main Dining Room.

Lovely shot tim.

Lorraine , sorry i forgot you were in Qld.

how is the weather treating you, have you had any pf the floods Like townsville.

Jarrod, thanks for the offer. My main question i havent seen answered is if mobile phones work.

where is the best place to be for sailaway. We are leaving from aulkland, wish we were leaving from sydney. Hey who cares we will be leaving on that wonderful ship.

david, thanks for all the links of photos from the webcams, i love looking at them.

karon

Hi Karon, mobile phones don't work once ship is at sea. if you have global roaming, it should work in Auckland.

We have left from Auckland 4 times now and it gets pretty congested at the wharf. did you book your air etc with the cruise.??? if you did, the buses runs smooth from airport. We used some Qantas frequent flyers to go there, staying overnight at hotel before, and shuttle or taxi to wharf.

Yes we have had flooding here, school only went back last monday, they

were all cancelled from thursday as buses couldn't get across the creeks.

we had to madly move some 250 tropical orchids in our greenhouse.

things should be back to normal next week if the rain stops.

I will e-mail you regarding the cruise.

Lorraine,

Our son is working on Daydream Island, he said it has been raining non stop up there, still hot though. it's his first job away from home and his first experience with the tropical weather!

Chez

Hi Chez, the weather is like the "wet" of years ago. we love it. although the cane is all flooded. Daydream has been copping a bit...

years ago we lived at Sarina, just south of Mackay, and it rained non stop for over 6 weeks.

I hope your son is enjoying the experience of living in the tropics.

lovely weather for a cruise somewhere..... any excuse.!!!

I am also in North Qld loving the rain. It's fantastic and I still have the desire to go out and play in the puddles, and there are heaps of them!! According to the weather bureau we are in for more rain this week.

I have just started work at a new school and last Thursday when we had the heaviest downpours we had to send the kids home in case roads got blocked and they couldn't get home. They are lovely kids we just didn't want them all night!!!

I just wish we could bucket it up and send some down to where they desparately need it.. The disappointing thing is that the local council are working on the dam and have taken down the gates because they were increasing the capacity of the dam but due to construction delays the new gates are not up yet and our dam is overflowing and only at 36% full....

Cheers,

Charmain:)

I am also in North Qld loving the rain. It's fantastic and I still have the desire to go out and play in the puddles, and there are heaps of them!! According to the weather bureau we are in for more rain this week.

I have just started work at a new school and last Thursday when we had the heaviest downpours we had to send the kids home in case roads got blocked and they couldn't get home. They are lovely kids we just didn't want them all night!!!

I just wish we could bucket it up and send some down to where they desparately need it.. The disappointing thing is that the local council are working on the dam and have taken down the gates because they were increasing the capacity of the dam but due to construction delays the new gates are not up yet and our dam is overflowing and only at 36% full....

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi Charmain, I agree with you regarding the rain, wishing it was going where it is really needed.( we have bore water as well as town water, so we are not as badly off as some)

so sorry a lot of your water is being wasted.

I have been following your cruise preparations for your mums birthday... it should be a hoot. I would love to be a fly on the wall. the ship won't know what hit them.

Hi Karon, mobile phones don't work once ship is at sea. if you have global roaming, it should work in Auckland.

We have left from Auckland 4 times now and it gets pretty congested at the wharf. did you book your air etc with the cruise.??? if you did, the buses runs smooth from airport. We used some Qantas frequent flyers to go there, staying overnight at hotel before, and shuttle or taxi to wharf.

Yes we have had flooding here, school only went back last monday, they

were all cancelled from thursday as buses couldn't get across the creeks.

we had to madly move some 250 tropical orchids in our greenhouse.

things should be back to normal next week if the rain stops.

I will e-mail you regarding the cruise.

We booked this trip through an internet agency who included airfares with qantas and overnight hotel at the stamford plaza. This was still several hundred dollars cheaper than the next cheapest price and they didnt include airfares.

the hotel looks like it is very close to the port. I dont think this is a princess tour as travel from airport to hotel is not included. it only cost NZD50 for 5 of us on the airport shuttle which i have now booked.

we wont be trying to get on board too early so we can maximise our time in auckland and maybe miss the early rush.

I asked about phones (hate taking phones away as it would be too easy for hubby just to try and check in with work!!!) as we are taking MIL and she is not so good at finding her away around and gets lost very easily. She does not have altzemers(sp) just has trouble with directions. As she also gets up very early she may wonder around.

karon

Archived