Picture of Fantasy damage

CalgonCruiser

OUCH is right!!!! :eek: And I thought the huge dents in the hull of Sun Princess when we went through the Panama Canal and smashed into the canal wall were bad!!!! At least they didn't put a hole in the ship, just rather large dents.

Gee, that looks worse than the Grandeur of the Seas dent. I was on the Grandeur of the Seas when it docked on 2/10/07. While eating in the Windjammer, I noticed a sign tied to the back railing of the Fantasy that read, "Security Warning: Stay 50 feet back". I thought that was unusual, but I didn't think anything more of it. I wish I would have known about the accident, I would tried to get more pictures for you all. I am just glad everyone is okay. If that was a crew members cabin, I hope they were not injured at the time of the collision.

Oh well, whoever was responsible for pushing those barges better get ready to come off a lot of money. Being that this was not Carnival's fault, I don't see why they should suffer a revenue loss. Carnival will probably sue the other company for any and all financial damages as a result of the cancelled cruise(s).

Oh well, whoever was responsible for pushing those barges better get ready to come off a lot of money. Being that this was not Carnival's fault, I don't see why they should suffer a revenue loss. Carnival will probably sue the other company for any and all financial damages as a result of the cancelled cruise(s).

But that is why there is commercial insurance, right? You won't see big law suit news, it will be settled by the insurance companies for the barge and Carnival.

I was aboard the Fantasy when it was hit. It must have occurred at about 6:20am, I was awakened and just thought we had docked. I was in a forward cabin.

Looking at the damage, I am amazed!

How was your cruise? (prior to the Big Bang)

We went through this with the Grandeur of the seas when it hit the port in Belieze. All repairs were done expediently. What posed a personal problem to us was that we lost our luggage and needed replacement of the unmentionables and other essentials, next week sailing.... they were OUT!:eek:

So, the grandeur after a 20 foot hole 5/04 did just fine in Belieze.... this is minor in comparison. go back and search... you'll feel better about your chances for sail... we sailed two weeks after for a repo and had no ship problems.

Have faith

carol

LHP

It was a wonderful cruise, but I've never had a bad one.

I found the food on this cruise to be better than I experienced on my two previous cruises (one Holland America and one Carnival Inspiration), but the service in the dining was not quite as good.

The foo foos were good and strong. The pool band murdered "Lady in Red", and quite a few other songs, that one stands out because we had no idea what song it was until we heard the lyrics.

The slots were pretty tight, made my donation, and had a lot of fun.

The weather was cold and the seas were rough the first two days, the next three were warm and soft.

Cozumel was a downpour, cutting short our shopping. We had lunch at Pancho's Backyard, not bad, not great.

Costa Maya, Chachoben (sp) ruins, wonderful weather, a glimpse of rural Mexico from the bus, and an informative tour with excellent photo ops. We went on the Carnival tour because of the limited port time, would have liked to go with Ivan and David.

Parking, embarking and debarking were fast and easy.

I noticed a sign tied to the back railing of the Fantasy that read, "Security Warning: Stay 50 feet back". I thought that was unusual, but I didn't think anything more of it. I wish I would have known about the accident,

Hmm, they had that same banner out there when we docked next to the Fantasy on 2/3/2007 in Cozumel. I'm not sure that banner had anything to do with the accident.

We went through this with the Grandeur of the seas when it hit the port in Belieze. All repairs were done expediently. What posed a personal problem to us was that we lost our luggage and needed replacement of the unmentionables and other essentials, next week sailing.... they were OUT!:eek:

So, the grandeur after a 20 foot hole 5/04 did just fine in Belieze.... this is minor in comparison. go back and search... you'll feel better about your chances for sail... we sailed two weeks after for a repo and had no ship problems.

Have faith

carol

Don't you mean the pier in Costa Maya???? Ships don't dock in Belize...

Have faith

carol

Don't you mean the pier in Costa Maya???? Ships don't dock in Belize...

But that is why there is commercial insurance, right? You won't see big law suit news, it will be settled by the insurance companies for the barge and Carnival.

I don't know, Ima. You could be 100% correct. I am not well versed on the matters of commercial insurance. I am just glad everyone was okay!

Hmm, they had that same banner out there when we docked next to the Fantasy on 2/3/2007 in Cozumel. I'm not sure that banner had anything to do with the accident.

Hmm, good point. Maybe it is a new policy of Carnival's. With all this stupid terrorism crap, that may be their response to it.

Who knows, everything that I have said is nothing more than speculation. Then again, speculating makes for good clean conversation on these boards. :D

The banner is standard procedure, they put it out when we docked in Costa Maya in December on the Fantasy, It had nothing to do with the damage.

Hi I am just wondering if any of yall seen my barge I last saw the other morning on the Ole Miss I went below decks to get an adult beverage and when I came back up it was gone. by the way did yall hear something about one of those carnival ships being hit. Thank you the Capt.

Archived