The Dawn 1/28-2/8/07 A Great Cruise

Baitman19

Hi Monty and Diane ~

I was worried waiting for your review...thought one of you may have gotten ill, came home to ~ too much work or had become stow-aways on the Dawn;)

I'm sure you were VERY busy when you arrived home.

Great review as usual! Much appreciated.

Does Eka's promotion mean that she does not spend time with the passengers? That would be a shame...she is such a "people person"

Though...she does deserve a promotion.

Any chance that she will move to the Gem?

We also took a member of the staff (our butler) to dinner at Cagney's one evening. It is alot of paperwork and lots of stares from the staff. She explained that it is not done often (for many reasons). That is a shame as we, like you and Diane, had a wonderful evening with her.

It is so "refreshing" to meet such wonderful crew and staff on these NCL ships.

Hope Diane is feeling better. You never sail without an added "adventure":) Wasn't the mirror incident your last cruise?

Glad the Magic Bullet is still working:D

Looking forward to your pics. DH and I will be in an AD suite in June for our first cruise together. I take it you were happy with it.

Not sure if you've replied to this age old question in past threads' date=' but since you are such an expert and I've read so much conflicting advice about it, can you tell me once and for all what and when is the best way to order the bar setup? It appears cruisers have hit glitches no matter how they've done it. I'd rather have no glitches, if possible. (Any and all advice welcome between now and June. :)[/quote']

Diane will be posting the pics soon.

Here's how to get a bar setup.

Yulexi Perez is the ship coorsinator for the Dawn. 1 800 327-9820 X 7820 and her E-mail is YPerez@ncl.com. We use here to set up Meet & Greet & to order our bar setup.

If you want to meet Eka, just tell Claudio & he can arrange it. She is in public for a few hours a day.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Hi Monty and Diane ~

Does Eka's promotion mean that she does not spend time with the passengers? That would be a shame...she is such a "people person"

Though...she does deserve a promotion.

Any chance that she will move to the Gem?

Yes, She only get to be in public maybe 3 hours on certain day. We saw her at Topsiders on our 1st sea day. Boy, when you see us frozen drinking "Little Star Martinis on deck with Eka. It was cold & windy

Eka is thinking of the Gem, but also maybe one of the Hawaii ships. They are now offering jobs to the foreign crew members. Ncl will help them get the proper papers to work on the NCLA ships at a higher salary, but tney will have to pay taxes. Carol is also thinking of it.

:) Wasn't the mirror incident your last cruise?

That's correct. 9502 is jinxed. Claudio told us that someone had to airlifted off the ship who was staying in 9502. We have it on 10/26/07. The jinx will end then!!!!!

Glad the Magic Bullet is still working:D

Someone on our roll call thought is was for something else.

Right now I am contemplating a crusie before 10/26/07.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Captain Hakan Svedung

HD Calvin Hodge

AHD Jamie Pettis

CD Darin

ACD Chat

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Wow, Captain Hakan is on the Dawn. I wondered where he went after meeting him a couple of times few years ago, one of the most friendly captain I have seen.

Guest BeckyThane
Wasn't the mirror incident your last cruise?
That's correct. 9502 is jinxed. Claudio told us that someone had to airlifted off the ship who was staying in 9502. We have it on 10/26/07. The jinx will end then!!!!!

I can say that the jinx is over -- we stayed in 9502 on the 12/28 cruise and had a ~grand~ time!

Wow, Captain Hakan is on the Dawn. I wondered where he went after meeting him a couple of times few years ago, one of the most friendly captain I have seen.

Could not agree more - we've sailed with him on 5 of our 6 cruises on SSV and got to know him quite well.

Why do you think we've booked B2B cruises on the Dawn later this year?? ... yesssmileyf.gif

Could not agree more - we've sailed with him on 5 of our 6 cruises on SSV and got to know him quite well.

Why do you think we've booked B2B cruises on the Dawn later this year?? ... yesssmileyf.gif

I hate you because I could not be on the Dawn. :D

Hi Diane,

We'll be patient. I know how much catch up there is when you get home.

Jackie

Actually, we didn't sign up for internet on the ship. Really didn't want to be in contact with work. It would have made it easier when we got home to organize it. Diane took notes and I used my memory which seems to be better than my DW's notes. Oops!

Diane worked on the pics tonight, She's got 8 days done & they should be ready in a day.

Jackie, did you photograph the Dailies or scan them? We have the newly redesigned ones and want to post them too.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Actually, we didn't sign up for internet on the ship. Really didn't want to be in contact with work. It would have made it easier when we got home to organize it. Diane took notes and I used my memory which seems to be better than my DW's notes. Oops!

Diane worked on the pics tonight, She's got 8 days done & they should be ready in a day.

Jackie, did you photograph the Dailies or scan them? We have the newly redesigned ones and want to post them too.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty,

I scanned them in. It would be great to see the new ones if you have the time to do it.

We intended to sign up for internet when we were on the Majesty last June, but never got around to it. Staying in Bermuda for 3 1/2 days was much different than the other cruises we've been on. You have a lot of time to explore the island, and it was a lot of fun. We just didn't spend as much time onboard as usual.

Heading to my Mom's for a couple of days, so I'll see them when I return.

Jackie

Ok Jackie...there here! :D Enjoy!!!! Just sitting here at the pc makes me want to go again! :( di

Diane and Monty ~

Thanks for the pictures. So funny to see the AC in reverse.

I have NO sense of direction...don't turn me around...I am lost:eek:

You two are great with your reviews and pictures.

Thank you:)

PS...Eka looks great;)

The pictures were great!

We are going on the Dawn's next sailing.

I have questions about the sushi.....

I noticed pictures of sashimi and hand rolls - was this included in the all you can eat price? Please say it is so.

DH is a big sashimi fan (we go AT LEAST once a week) and he was not as excited about just sushi on the ship but if they serve sashimi there....he'll be in heaven - we'll be eating there every other day!

Do you know what the sushi chef's name was?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

The pictures were great!

We are going on the Dawn's next sailing.

I have questions about the sushi.....

I noticed pictures of sashimi and hand rolls - was this included in the all you can eat price? Please say it is so.

DH is a big sashimi fan (we go AT LEAST once a week) and he was not as excited about just sushi on the ship but if they serve sashimi there....he'll be in heaven - we'll be eating there every other day!

Do you know what the sushi chef's name was?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Yes, you can have all that and more. The sushi chef is Renaldo. Tell him what you like & he will make it for you. Tip him after and he'll be your friend & personal sushi chef.

We didn't order after the first time. He made special rolls for us and plenty of sashimi. Have the mebachi tuna (like butter). He loves to show off for the REAL sushi eaters. We usually have it at least 4 times on a cruise. They offer it for lunch on sea days and only dinner when in ports.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty' date='

I did not read through all of the posts in this thread. If you answered this question already I apologize.

When Claudio moves to the Gem do you know who will replace him. We are going on the October repo cruise from NY to Miami.

PE[/quote']

Claudio was so excited, I forgot to ask him who will be his replacement on the Dawn.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Archived