The Dawn 1/28-2/8/07 A Great Cruise

Baitman19

Monty, thank you SO much for the wonderful and detailed review. I felt like I was right there on the Dawn (and what an excellent feeling it was, too)!

We will be on the Gem next February, we'll be in an AD too. Hoping maybe Claudio will be our Concierge--I have heard such incredibly nice things about him. I am looking forward to checking out your pics.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us!

Monty...I just looked through your pictures. OMG I did not realize you were a Cheesehead. The first football game I ever went to was the Ice Bowl. I grew up near Wisconsin Dells.

PE

Boy, you must have frozen your butt. That's before thinsulate and insulated Cheeseheads.

I've never been to Green Bay, but have been a Packer''s fan since 60's. Right now I'm typing this in my Packer Room.

Looking forward to a great season next year.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty, thank you SO much for the wonderful and detailed review. I felt like I was right there on the Dawn (and what an excellent feeling it was, too)!

We will be on the Gem next February, we'll be in an AD too. Hoping maybe Claudio will be our Concierge--I have heard such incredibly nice things about him. I am looking forward to checking out your pics.

Thanks again for sharing your trip with us!

Pics are on webshots now.

No 9506 for you next time? The AD was nice. It's the same as the AC, but NO wind on the balcony. I'd book that cabin again.

We're looking into the Gem for early next year.

Claudio is fantastic!!!!!

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Boy, you must have frozen your butt. That's before thinsulate and insulated Cheeseheads.

I've never been to Green Bay, but have been a Packer''s fan since 60's. Right now I'm typing this in my Packer Room.

Looking forward to a great season next year.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

...and I am in my Packer and Dick Trickle room. That is how much of a Wisconsin boy I am.:D

PE

Sorry we didn't meet each of you during the cc meet & greet. Very nice review and pictures. We can't believe we've already been back for two weeks. I definitely have the cruise itch again. We're also looking at an early 2008 cruise on the Gem.

Actually, I was looking at the 2/6/08 cruise on the Gem. Just have to talk my DW into it. Shouldn't be problem though.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Thanks Monty for the review. I was really looking forward to your impression of the Dawn compared to last year. (and I was wondering where your review was. I was beginning to get worried about you, hoping you weren't sick) If what you say is true about the Dawn coming to Boston I will be the happiest person in the world. Just think, the Dawn will be 7 minutes from my house.

You and alot of other New Englanders will be thrilled. We sailed NCL Star a couple weeks ago and the Captain told us the Dawn would be doing Bermuda cruises, but he didn't know from what City. I too am hoping it's Boston beginning Spring 2008, because we will be the first two booked for their June 8 cruise to celebrate 40 years of marriage. We love the Dawn.

I was surprised to see there was the chocolate fundue still at LeBistro because the Star didn't have it. The Star also didn't have hot food for the breakfast menu.

You and alot of other New Englanders will be thrilled. We sailed NCL Star a couple weeks ago and the Captain told us the Dawn would be doing Bermuda cruises, but he didn't know from what City. I too am hoping it's Boston beginning Spring 2008, because we will be the first two booked for their June 8 cruise to celebrate 40 years of marriage. We love the Dawn.

I was surprised to see there was the chocolate fundue still at LeBistro because the Star didn't have it. The Star also didn't have hot food for the breakfast menu.

Mary,

The Chocolate Fondue isn't on the Le Bistro menu anymore. You have to know to ask for it. The breakfast menu for suites has hot items and whatever you wnat. The regular cabin menu is still danish & coffee.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Oops double post.

No 9506 for you next time? The AD was nice. It's the same as the AC, but NO wind on the balcony. I'd book that cabin again.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had such a terrific time ... No, no 9506 for us this time :(. I'm afraid the bank account is still breathing hard from when I did book that big beautiful (really expensive) baby! :eek: I decided to slowly work my way back down to a balcony cabin ... I wonder if I'll really do that, though. Once suite-ed, always spoil-ed, doncha know.

That would be great if you and Diane booked the Feb 6-16 cruise for next year!

Love the pictures! Looks like you guys had such a terrific time ... No, no 9506 for us this time :(. I'm afraid the bank account is still breathing hard from when I did book that big beautiful (really expensive) baby! :eek: I decided to slowly work my way back down to a balcony cabin ... I wonder if I'll really do that, though. Once suite-ed, always spoil-ed, doncha know.

Diane likes the 1/26/08 itinerary better. Plus it's another day longer. We might opt for that one.

Happy Sailing

Monty

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Monty ~

Sorry...another question:eek:

Did you enjoy the aft cabin as much as the bow?

We're considering AE cabins in order to enjoy 2 cruises per year instead of 1. (Sad to give up the Owners's suite).

Have you cruised or seen the AE's? If so, same service re: butler/concierge?

Thanks for your help:)

Monty ~

Sorry...another question:eek:

Did you enjoy the aft cabin as much as the bow?

We're considering AE cabins in order to enjoy 2 cruises per year instead of 1. (Sad to give up the Owners's suite).

Have you cruised or seen the AE's? If so, same service re: butler/concierge?

Thanks for your help:)

Cosmo,

Yes, we did. No wind. Diane wants to get an AC for our next 11 day. You can get more sun in the bow balconies. You loose the sun quicker in the back. We did miss breaksfast on the side balcony:) Just not the same in the cabin.

We had an AE 9236 in May 2005, our first penthouse Pictures are in Di's webshots.

You get all the same perks in an AE, just a smaller cabin & baclony.

Looks like we're going to do the Gem for 1/26/08 in an AC.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Ok Jackie...there here! :D Enjoy!!!! Just sitting here at the pc makes me want to go again! :( di

Diane,

EXCELLENT job with the pics. No wonder it took you a while to finish them!!! :D What program did you use?

I know what you mean. Your pictures made me want to go again too!:D

I didn't get a webshots notice when they were posted, but I did get one when you posted Olyvia's pictures. She sure is adorable, and growing quickly. Such a big difference from her newborn pics. Love those big baby browns and her expressions..... Hope you and Monty are having a great time with her.

Jackie

Monty - looking forward to the dailies & the pics...

Jackie, are you sailing again on the Dawn 3/11/07?

Lalapodip,

I wish!!! We don't have anything booked yet. I'm one of those last minute bookers! Now you made me want to book it... Ha ha!!!

Are you on that cruise?

Jackie

Greenie,

We went back to a mini suite for the first time in our last 4 cruises. We had a great time, but we sure did miss being spoiled with all those perks. I did order a bar set up, so we didn't miss that. :D We cruised twice last year, and the only rooms available when I booked the Dawn were the minis or the GV, so no upsells. If we start cruising twice a year, we will skip the OS unless we get the upsell call.

I had booked the OS on the Majesty without an upsell because the price was so good. It's not the same as on the Dawn. It was really nice, but no balconies, no butler, no jacuzzi, and a lot of other differences. We still loved it and had a fantastic time. We're thinking about going on the Majesty again this year before she leaves Boston. Sure would love it if the Dawn comes to Boston. Much better than flying to Miami, and it's not a bad drive from the NY area.

Jackie

Archived