Live from the Dawn 1/18 - Guess who

shoreguy

I know I am not Shoreguy, I was on the 2/8 Dawn. I ate in Impressions seven out of the 10 nights. The menu was the best that I had on any NCL cruise and I have been on 9 now on 4 different ships. Among the new things I learned was the Impressions was originally intended to be the Bistro...

I have to agree - the menus were almost the same as the Pearl. 100% better then last winter on the Dawn. There was perhaps one night I would not have been happy eating in the main dinning rooms.

Old favorites are back and the mystery brown sauce for the lobster gone. If you like a nice size piece of prime rib just ask for a double cut.

Impression's space is now in fact the Bistro on the Jewel, Pearl, and soon the Gem as originally planned. All our main dining room dinners were also in Impressions. FYI - Esmeralda was a great server .

Welcome back...thanks for the blog.

Was Le Bistro and Cagney's open for lunch and breakfast for penthouse Pax ??

Have the coffee makers in the Penthouse's been replaced with the fancy ones like on the Jewel and Pearl ??

Any repair rumors ???

Welcome back...thanks for the blog.

Was Le Bistro and Cagney's open for lunch and breakfast for penthouse Pax ??

Have the coffee makers in the Penthouse's been replaced with the fancy ones like on the Jewel and Pearl ??

Any repair rumors ???

Nope

Nope

And everyone was tight lipped about the ships engine problem - all anyone would say was there are contractors onboard working the problem. I asked very direct questions and got the same answer everytime. The Captian was invisable bit not even mingle at the VIP party. Worked the receiving line and vanished. Not chance to ask the tough questions of him.

My "opinion" only - the longer it goes the more likely it is an Azipod problem requiring a dry dock :( Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Interesting side note - Jimmy the CD did a series of tapes that play in the cabins touring the Bridge, engine room, galley,crew area etc. Not sure when they were shot. Perhaps someone from the prior cruises can tell me if they were made before the last couple cruises.

Since he is just back onboard and if the tapes are new of note in the engine room tour they were working on one of the four engines and it was offline. The same information was covered as they toured the bridge and the gages that monitor the engines.

Interesting side note - Jimmy the CD did a series of tapes that play in the cabins touring the Bridge, engine room, galley,crew area etc. Not sure when they were shot. Perhaps someone from the prior cruises can tell me if they were made before the last couple cruises.

Since he is just back onboard and if the tapes are new of note in the engine room tour they were working on one of the four engines and it was offline. The same information was covered as they toured the bridge and the gages that monitor the engines.

They were done in September 2006. We saw them and spoke to him about them at the Captain's VIP Party. The best was the crew cabin. Kinda crowded.

Happy Sailing,

Monty

Nope

Nope

And everyone was tight lipped about the ships engine problem - all anyone would say was there are contractors onboard working the problem. I asked very direct questions and got the same answer everytime. The Captian was invisable bit not even mingle at the VIP party. Worked the receiving line and vanished. Not chance to ask the tough questions of him.

My "opinion" only - the longer it goes the more likely it is an Azipod problem requiring a dry dock :( Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Thanks

Thanks

Fingers crossed...There are some rumors flying around from some TA's, but I don't want to start a panic.

Thanks again

One more stupid question. Did you happen to notice if there was a piano player anywhere on the Dawn named Marcus Dagan?? According to his website he's supposed to be on the Dawn starting 2/18.

I believe he was playing every night in the Star Bar

Archived