TA has the docs - HELP

Ok, so my TA doen't have my docs YET, but she refuses to set up eDocs for us because we have to "sign to acknowledge receipt of the docs".

Is there any way to force her to email me the docs? She said that even if she sets up the edoc option, they will be emailed to her and that she would print them out and have us come pick them up to sign.

Ok, here's the thing. We have visited her office only once before because it is far and traffic is really bad for us. We actually booked over the phone and had her fax everything for us to sign. Can't she just do that again?? Why is she being so difficult?!?

Time to find a new TA, or just book direct with RCI. My TA sets it up so that the docs are mailed OR emailed directly to me...whatever I choose. On our Freedom cruise, she bypassed herself all together and they were mailed to me directly.

Hmm, sounds like TA is very set in his/her ways.

As far as Edocs, TA can only receive edocs for clients if they convert all their docs to Edocs... some of us are a bit resistant and like to to the doc dance; I personally like to send docs out with a bon voyage gift.

As far as signing to "acknowledge receipt of the docs". This really isn't standard practice.

However, if you didn't purchase travel insurance, TA must get you to sign waiver before documents are delivered; this is standard practice so that TAs are not liable when clients don't purchase insurance and something goes wrong... I make my clients sign a waiver; but I rarely have clients who don't purchase insurance.

But, there really is no reason in today's society why he/she cannot fax you the form to sign and return; sounds like it is time for a new TA.

Well, I was lured into this TA by the promise of a $100 Gift card. I was only eligible for a $50 GC as it turns out. Fifty bucks isnt worth this headache to me, especially since we just had a $100 price drop (that I had to inform my TA about)!

How hard would it be to transfer my booking to RCCL? And will the TA fight for my booking with more incentives?

Well, I was lured into this TA by the promise of a $100 Gift card. I was only eligible for a $50 GC as it turns out. Fifty bucks isnt worth this headache to me, especially since we just had a $100 price drop (that I had to inform my TA about)!

How hard would it be to transfer my booking to RCCL? And will the TA fight for my booking with more incentives?

If you are about to get your docs you can no longer transfer the booking since it is past final payment.

Since you are not going until May, your docs probably won't come until sometime in April, whether they are E-docs or hard copy. Why is it important to you that they are E-docs? Do you need to have them sooner, or do you not want to have to drive over to pick them up - which I understand.

Maddle

PS - I have never had a TA print out my e-docs - usually they email them to me.

I book directly with RCCL, manage the reservation until right before final payment and then transfer to a TA for an additional credit. As I book the reservation online with RCCL I select the docs to be mailed to me and I print my setsail pass myself after final payment is given to TA and received by RCCL. I really have no contact with the TA other than handing her my final pmt. I wouldn't use your TA again and hope you get it all straightened out soon!

Ok, so my TA doen't have my docs YET, but she refuses to set up eDocs for us because we have to "sign to acknowledge receipt of the docs".

Is there any way to force her to email me the docs? She said that even if she sets up the edoc option, they will be emailed to her and that she would print them out and have us come pick them up to sign.

Ok, here's the thing. We have visited her office only once before because it is far and traffic is really bad for us. We actually booked over the phone and had her fax everything for us to sign. Can't she just do that again?? Why is she being so difficult?!?

My eDocs notification email for our Adventure cruise next weekend came from documentation@RCCI not from our TA. It had a link to our eDocs which was in a Adobe Acrobat pdh format. Your TA is being very unrealistic and unreasonable in this matter and I would consider transfering the booking to RCI. Since you are still before your final payment date, insist that she either do want you want or you will transfer or cancel/rebook elsewhere if your cabin category is still available at price you currently have.

as I am gifted with a great TA.

You actually do not need docs, unless you booked air with the free transfers. If not then goto MY CRUISES area of www.rccl.com, log in or hopefullyyou already are. Find your cruise booking # to click on & it tells you the stateroom, dinner time, who you are with in the stateroom, etc. Then you want to click on SET SAIL PASS to log in & type in all thepersonal info they need, names & addresses, next of kin, passport #, credit card #, etc. When complete read the contract entirely & check that you did & then print it out. This you give to board the ship. So print copies.

Then at the pier, the porter had the tags for the luggage to fill in ship name & stateroom # on each.

No problem! ENJOY!

Thank you all for the info! Since we had saved up money in stocks for our wedding and honeymoon, we got excited and just paid the trip in full from the very beginning. So if we cant transfer after final payment, I will still throw a hissy fit about how uncooperative our TA has been. It's not that she's all that rude or stupid, just extremely stubborn. As a current sales rep, I am absolutely sickened over her lack of customer service. She acts like I should be happy to have booked through her!

Maybe when she calls to say "your docs are here, come sign for them", I'll say "shove it! I dont need my docs to travel!" lol

The only thing I dont want to have happen is that she plans on giving us a bottle of wine or something onboard, and because I was rude she retracted!:eek:

In all honesty, we will probably go pick them up and take the opportunity to tell her face to face that we were extremely unhappy with her, her company, and their service. And that we will never recommend them or use them again. Maybe I am being too harsh, but when I utilize a company that is specifically there to provide service, I expect it!

Thank you all for the info! Since we had saved up money in stocks for our wedding and honeymoon, we got excited and just paid the trip in full from the very beginning. So if we cant transfer after final payment,

Final payment and paid in full are two different things. You can book a year out and pay in full but the final payment date is not until 70 days out from the cruise. Up until that 70 day deadline the monies are fully refundable or changes to TA's etc can be made. At this point though I would forget about it and just deal with her to the end. Is there a supervisor you can contact?

Thank you all for the info! Since we had saved up money in stocks for our wedding and honeymoon, we got excited and just paid the trip in full from the very beginning. So if we cant transfer after final payment, I will still throw a hissy fit about how uncooperative our TA has been. It's not that she's all that rude or stupid, just extremely stubborn. As a current sales rep, I am absolutely sickened over her lack of customer service. She acts like I should be happy to have booked through her!

Maybe when she calls to say "your docs are here, come sign for them", I'll say "shove it! I don't need my docs to travel!" lol

The only thing I dont want to have happen is that she plans on giving us a bottle of wine or something onboard, and because I was rude she retracted!:eek:

In all honesty, we will probably go pick them up and take the opportunity to tell her face to face that we were extremely unhappy with her, her company, and their service. And that we will never recommend them or use them again. Maybe I am being too harsh, but when I utilize a company that is specifically there to provide service, I expect it!

Your docs wont even be available until late march. have her fax a release for you to sign, and tell her you NEED doc's delivered by E-doc. Royal sends E-docs to the passenger direct AND the TA has them available also. Its actually less work for her. I don't understand what she is thinking unless she wants to try to sale you something when you come to pick them up:eek:

Most email servers have a set-up on them for the sender to request a receipt when the recipient opens up the email. Can your TA not set this up? It seems to me that her issue is that she wants proof that you have received your docs so that it doesn't come back on her if you lose them or something like that, a little pedantic perhaps but to each his own! I agree that it seems a little unreasonable but perhaps she has had a customer in the past lose docs and claim that she never gave them out in the first place, without proof that she had given them out may have resulted in her having to reissue the documents at her cost (which could be costly depending on the type of docs)

As the saying goes "once burnt, twice shy" or words to that effect!

Archived