"Dam" shirts

Len3

What did youy use as trade bait, Ruth? Chocolates?;)

Don't talk foolish, John! Trade chocolates. ^)^$@#_&$^$#. :eek:

I used something I had won in a previous trivia game (can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.)

my wife and I got a matching dam polos in the Rotterdam gift shop - I get asked about it all the time when I wear it because (as they say), "If you had such a dam experience on the ship, why do you wear that shirt so often?"

The dam tote bag we got on Half Moon Cay is a keeper as well.

We love all the "dam" items but have noticed that when you win at trivia and games, most of the prizes now just say "Holland America Lines" instead of dam time, dam rain, dam dark, dam keys, etc.

I wish they would go back to "dam", etc.

I have a "dam" baseball cap. It's a turquise and white hibiscus tropical print with " "dam ship" embroidered on the back. I got it in Curacao many years ago. I should have bought dozens, as I am always asked about it when on HAL.

There's always a bunch of neat memorabilia on eBay, under Holland America.

So, if we didn't buy those dam shirts onboard, is there any other way to get them? Do I have to book another cruise ?

:) :)

Yes Ma'am, you pretty much got that straight or......................you can ask someone that is/will be going on a Dam ship to get one/two/seventeen shirts for you since they are so popular

At Trivia I have won Dam mugs, Dam Keys (keyring) Dam Tunes (CD holder) Dam Dark ( mag light) Dam good cook (apron) Calculators, rolling luggage bags and Dam Rain (umbrellas) and Dam Ships Cap.

Playing trivia is well worth it. On our last b2b they gave away so many prizes we had to line up on the last day and choose what was leftover.

Don't talk foolish, John! Trade chocolates. ^)^$@#_&$^$#. :eek:

I used something I had won in a previous trivia game (can't for the life of me remember what it was, though.)

I had to LOL when I saw that John had suggested that you had used chocolate as 'bait'. You were having problems even getting your daily allotment of chocolate (things were getting ugly folks ;) ). I believe you used your 'Z Dam' mug in trade, as you already had one.

I have two different dam T-shirts. One doesn't have Noordam as the old one was out of service and the new one not in yet. I wear them often and have never had anyone give me a negative comment. Actually, I get strangers asking which "dam" ship was I on and a conversation starts.

I really thought there would be negative comments, but apparently more people have sailed HAL then would comment on the "dam".

I was wrong yesterday (not too surprising). Ruth was determined to get a new 'Z Dam' mug. It was the picture frame she traded.

Ahhhh. You have a much better memory than I, Mary Ellen.

Now, do you happen to remember where I put my gloves? :rolleyes:

Archived