"Dam" shirts

Len3

And when you wear the shirt, you can be guaranteed at least one prissy-pussed individual taking you to task for your curse word shirt (my experience here in Florida). I have a lot of fun with those individuals. :D

Prissy-pussed and poor spellers! :D I wonder what they think of the name of Hoover Dam, etc?

We have been sporting the Dam Ship Shirts for quite some time. I also always drink my coffee at work with my Dam Ship Coffee Mug:D

Hi Lisa,

Like you, Brian and I drink our morning coffee out of our "dam" mugs. When we were on the Zuiderdam in January I really wanted to win at trivia so as to get some replacements as ours were getting a little worn. (Yeah, I know I could have purchased them in the gift shop but I won the originals and I'm cheap!) As you know, I got very ill half-way through the cruise and couldn't go to trivia the last sea day. Our friends knew I had wanted to play for a mug so they played trivia as a team of two.......and WON! They got the cruise staff to trade the prize for a mug for me. They then came to our cabin and asked me all the trivia questions and I had to answer correctly to win my mug!!! They are really good friends (they also brought the treasure to bury under the Turquoise Cabana and found the previous booty as I couldn't go ashore).

Oh Susan, that was really great of your friends:) I am glad you got your mug.

About every 6 months or so I too have to buy and new one. When you use it like I do they wear out:eek: As a matter of fact I am due to buy a new one this next cruise. I also collect the glass milk glass with Gold lettering coffee mugs. I try to collect one from each ship we have been on. I have 6 of them so far and I am only missing the Maasdam. We are looking forward to adding the Noordam to the collection.

We have dam t-shirts, mugs, caps, and polo shirts. I was wearing my dam polo shirt late last summer in the grocery store and one gentleman noticed and said "Holland America! We love those dam ships." I didn't walk 20 feet and some woman said "You should be ashamed of yourself wearing something like that in public! There ought to be a law." Guess you can't win. :D

And when you wear the shirt, you can be guaranteed at least one prissy-pussed individual taking you to task for your curse word shirt (my experience here in Florida). I have a lot of fun with those individuals. :D

LOL .... try being clergy and wearing one!! :D

I like wearing my dam ship's navy blue polo shirt while serving as Chaplain aboard ship. I pin my "Ship's Minister" badge right above the words "dam ships." It makes for funny looks.

MY favorite dam item I saw only once.

My DD won the super star contest. One of the gifts was a minature flashlight with the words: dam dark I wish I could find one!

I once wore my dam shirt and a young man at a store asked me why I was angry with ships! I loved that one.

One of the gifts was a minature flashlight with the words: dam dark I wish I could find one!

That's the mini-mag light! They're also given as prizes at Trivia and Name That Tune, and such.

I was trying for years to get one, and finally finagled a trade for one on the Voyage of the Spammed October Zaandam cruise. :)

Then I was on teams that won two of the darned things on the January Noordam cruise!

I saw your post on the "Dam" shirts which we will be wearing on our Noordam cruise leaving March 21st.

Major coincidence we are from Syosset , N.Y. , retired and going on the

Sept.30th cruise from Seattle to N.Y.

Have you ever been to Seattle? We are looking for info for a few days pre-cruise . Since we have so much time we will be able to see and do a lot.

I was impressed by the logos for the cruise. How did you get them on?

Give me a shout at anley11@yahoo.com.

Stan:cool::cool:

That's the mini-mag light! They're also given as prizes at Trivia and Name That Tune, and such.

I was trying for years to get one, and finally finagled a trade for one on the Voyage of the Spammed October Zaandam cruise. :)

Then I was on teams that won two of the darned things on the January Noordam cruise!

What did youy use as trade bait, Ruth? Chocolates?;)

Gremlins

You can buy a Dam Shirt with Dam Dollars you win playing sports-at-sea, too. One day I was in the grocery store wearing my Dam Ship shirt and a lady was smiling at me. Then she saw me again in another aisle and started laughing and told me when she saw me the first time she didn’t see the "p" in Dam Ship and thought it said "Dam Shi__" (fill in the blank).;)

Archived