Anyone ever get a Noordam SS GTY upgrade to SA-SC??

SakeDad

We are booked in a SS GTY for 5/20 and I know there are only 8 of them left. I am very happy with this level and got a nice deal. But I certainly would love to get to the Neptune Lounge level without having to pay the additional $1,000.00. I know it's worth it...that's why I'm hoping for the upgrade fairy! But I'm wondering if anyone has ever actually been upgraded to Neptune level from SS GTY on the Noordam or should I not even hope for it? I'm taking my mom for her birthday and would just love the upgrade but it certainly isn't needed to enjoy this great trip.

Thanks.

We didn't have a GTY, but we had an assigned SS. Three weeks out we were offered upgrade to SB for $249 and SA for $299. We took the SB and it was worth every penny and then some! :D We should have taken the SA! (Closer to the Neptune).

Yes, it is totally possible. Yesterday when I spoke with Bill S on the phone from the Oosterdam WAVE he told me that the Upgrade Fairy paid him a great visit. He had originally booked a SY GUAR when assigned their cabin 2 weeks ago it was a SS. When they check in yesterday they were upgraded to a SA. SO YES, it can happen at check in but......not to put a negative thought but...This is the Noordam and Alaska you are talking about not the Oosterdam Mexican Riviera. The Alasks cruises are selling out which is why the prices are so very high. The S Sutie seem to be the first ones going. This is one ship and itinerary I would not plan or even consider that there was a chance. If you get one that is great but chances are better at the Craps Table down at the MGM. We have a SY GUAR for our Noordam cruise June 17th and that is exactly what I am expecting. Actually I would not be surprise if we got an SS.In my opinion the locations for a SY are better than a SS so with my luck that is what we will get:o

Steve, keeping my fingers crossed. Would love to upgrade from our SY for these prices! ;)

Karen

We didn't have a GTY, but we had an assigned SS. Three weeks out we were offered upgrade to SB for $249 and SA for $299. We took the SB and it was worth every penny and then some! :D We should have taken the SA! (Closer to the Neptune).

We were booked in a Cat. A on the Rotterdam for a 10 day Panama Canal cruise in December of 2001. As the date drew near, I noticed that one of the Penthouses was not sold. I asked my TA to see if they would upgrade us for $1000. She called me back and said for $1500, it was all ours. I said OK, lets do it.

It made for a very memorable trip. Never been upgraded before or since on more than 20 Holland America cruises, but I have no complaints.

I will never know why they agreed to the offer. Another one of life's mysteries I guess.

We're sailing on the Noordam on 3/10 (:D 12 days to go. Yippee!:D ) We're booked in an assigned SS cabin. We got a call from our TA just this morning who said that an upgrade to SA was being offered at $700 EACH. I'd grab it for that much for both of us but we turned it down as we didn't feel it worth that much more.

TA, who we have been using for many years, told us that she had clients who were recently offered a similar type deal, also turned it down and got the upgrade at no extra charge just a few days before sailing.

I'm hoping the upgrade fairy will work her magic, but if not, I'll be very happy to get what I paid for. It snowed again last night and I can't wait to dip my toes in warm water and hot sand instead of snow and slush.

Yes miracles do happen. After 26 cruises and no upgrades we finally got one. We were on the Westerdam on a 21 day Panama Canal Cruise. We had a SY guarentee and were upgraded to a SA suite. Most cruise lines limit upgrades within the cabin class ie. inside, outside, veranda and suite. It is a real coupe if you get upgraded out of your cabin class.

Good Luck

Steve, keeping my fingers crossed. Would love to upgrade from our SY for these prices! ;)

Karen

Karen -

Maybe we will get an SC to SA upgrade then you will get upgraded to our SC! (Wishful thinking I know, but stanger things have happened.) :D

- Steve

Archived