pre-cruise Miami Hotels

malony33

• 2 weeks later...

I was told by "Angie" at Oceania that they don't have any pre/port cruise hotels for Miami. And no packaged excursions for the Caribbean route at this time. (Like they do for Europe)

Sorry!

Annie

"I'd rather be cruisin"

when we went in March we stayed at the intercontinential. It's right at the port, a very short raxi ride away. The ride from the airport was less than the transfer fee. We got it on Pricline. It's the only 4 star in miami(not miami beach) We got it for about 50% off and probably would have gotten it cheaper if we had booked earlier. I heard some people got it for $80. We paid 120.

Thanks, everyone, for your input. I've been waiting for a reply to 2 separate e-mails on this topic, and I got 2 e-mail responses from different employees: both said O. does have pre-cruise hotels they use in Miami, too soon to set anything up. My T.A. says if we fly in a day or two early - we got free air w/our

cruise - transfers will be inc. Hmmm...is everyone at the cruiseline on the same page? Maybe O.'s CEO, who occasionally reads and responds to this board, will read this thread and give us the final word.

The Thing to remember with Oceania..no matter what anyone says..on any cruise..

1) Free air NO TRANSFERS included..you may purchase them

2) 2 for 1 air NO TRANSFERS included..you may purchase them..

3) Pay full air..you get the transfers included

4) OK..even that changes if you purchase a hotel package and free or 2 for 1 air..then you have a transfer one way from the hotel to the ship

I hope this helps..

Jan

• 4 years later...

I have been trying to book a hotel for the night before our 01/02/09 cruise from Miami. I don't know if it is too early to book or because it is New Year's weekend, but I am unable to get a room at any of the Miami 3-4 star hotels near Port of Miami. We are flying into Ft Lauderdale (not etched in stone as yet) as it would be non-stop for us from small town NH. On another note, by all means do not pay O for transfers from the airport. Cab is $24 each way for 2 but O charged us $90 each way (for 2). Live and learn. We are also booking our own air as we did not like the itinerary provided by O.

I have been trying to book a hotel for the night before our 01/02/09 cruise from Miami. I don't know if it is too early to book or because it is New Year's weekend, but I am unable to get a room at any of the Miami 3-4 star hotels near Port of Miami.

You may have to look further afield for rooms that weekend try south Beach or the airport hotels.

The $24. flat fee is only from the airport to/from port.

I use https://www.kayak.com/hotels to check for hotels then check the hotels website directly

Or if you like to gamble try hotwire.com or priceline.com they do not tell you what hotel until you book it.

Thanks Lyn, I am Esme (debbie) we were on 3/10/08 Regatta..had major PC problem, lost some info. ie passwords, user name etc. now am repsonding as dojo. I may try the priceline route etc. SoBe is showing me they want two-three days stay.not going to happen. What do you think about overnight Ft L then early shuttle to port:confused:. Any info you might have would be appreciated. We just barely made our connection in Detriot on our way home, did an OJ sprint, luggage didn't make it until next day but who cared, we were home and I wasn't going to unpack that night anyway. Did you get bumped as you thought you might?

Thanks Lyn, I am Esme (debbie) we were on 3/10/08 Regatta..had major PC problem, lost some info. ie passwords, user name etc. now am repsonding as dojo. I may try the priceline route etc. SoBe is showing me they want two-three days stay.not going to happen.

Hi Debbie,

We drove down so no problem with flights;)

You could try FLL and take the shuttle over to Miami or I have seen others rent a car & drop off near the port.

http://www.shuttlediscount.com/

http://www.fortlauderdale-airportshuttle.com/

Enjoy the cruise

we're not sailing until nov. 09 on the ta from barcelona to miami. we thought we'd spend one night in miami before heading home to las vegas and were told that oceania did not have any pre or post hotels there. think we'll just head to the airport and fly home. i actually own a condo in south beach but it's rented. for anyone who hasn't been to south beach lately, it's a very HOT spot, very trendy with some really wonderful restaurants. it pays to stay a day or two pre or post cruise, plus the beach is quite beautiful.

jeralyn ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I was in Miami for the first time last week after a cruise and stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami (not the airport one). What a mistake. It was the worst, most rundown, shabby place I have stayed in for years and was not exactly cheap. I selected it for the location, close to the port and walking distance from the Bayside Center with a plethora of eateries and shops, also harbor cruises and live entertainment. Once there, I spotted the spiffy-looking Intercontinental nearby, an equally short walk to Bayside, and I was bummed that I had checked in to the Holiday Inn. By the way, if you disembark in the Port of Miami and want a taxi to a nearby hotel rather than the airport, don't tell the taxi driver your destination until you are actually on the road. Our driver was ticked off that we were a short fare to the hotel rather than a higher fare to the airport. He complained all the time, tellling us he had missed his place in line at the port and we had cost him money.

Archived