Unlimited soft drinks

WMG/LMG

Does Celebrity offer unlimited soft drinks for a single charge? Or is it a certain number of soft drinks for a single price? I have been on other cruise lines where they charge something like $15 for 20 soft drinks.

Bill and Luann

You can buy the soft drink special, that is $5 a day plus 15% gratuity. We thought it would be a great deal because we drink so much soda, but really I think we would have saved money had we just bought a can when we wanted it. With the soft drink special you get a plastic coke travel cup and all the bars know when they see it that you get free soda. That part was great (although w/ ice it doesn't hold even one whole can). The problem is that the special doesn't apply in the restaurant (although if you ask really nice your waiter may go ahead and get it for you anyway:) and you can't get it w/ room service or waiter service, like at the pool or in the lounges. You physically have to go up to the pool/lounge bar and ask for it. It's not that bad, but just a little inconvenient at times when you just want to relax and watch the show/band. The main problem we found was that if we didn't have our travel cup you get it in a small little plastic cup that holds not more than a few sips w/ the ice. And who really wants to carry a bright red plastic coke cup around on formal night in your gown? :D The other part was that they use the 16 oz. plastic bottles of coke (in some bars...mainly the pool stands) and use those for the people w/ the soda special, so if you happen to have one that was opened for the last person we found that sometimes it was flat.

This is just our experience. Next time I think we will just buy a whole can when we want it- I don't really think we got our money's worth. I'm sure others may have had different experiences but that's just my 2 cents:)

HI

I bought that special on a RCI Cruise, will never do you it again- I know its available on X as well- but I like to get can- when I want one and I did not like to carry this thing around. For children or toddlers, that may be a different story though! I also did not like the tase sometimes.

Greetings

Michael

On our January cruise we purchased the unlimited soda option. Yes, they did give us the Coke can (we now have 4) and they also put a sticker on our sea and sail card. We left the can in the room and only used our card in the bars, lounges and at dinners. Usually on the pool deck we just went up to the bars ourselves, so I can't say if the pool servers would have given us a no. Never had a problem with getting service. As a matter of fact, the bar steward in the main dining room was extremely efficient and had our sodas ready as soon as we came in. I will admit that sometimes the soda tasted off as the carbonated mix was bad, but they were quick to replace it with another type soda or club soda.

We have used our soda sticker in the restaruant and by the pool with the waiters.

At the restaurant, the bar waiter (the one who takes drink orders which come from the bar outside the restaurant) is the one who handles soda since it comes from the bar - not your table waiter. Perhaps the poster who said they were unable to get soda in the restaurant, asked their table waiter or asst. We just ask our waiter to have the bar waiter come by.

The only place where it is not good is room service and the mini bar in your room. We have had no problem getting soda in any bar or from any bar server. In fact, we usually hang out in the Rendez-vous after dinner and after the first couple of nights, the waiter always brings us our glass of soda and glass of water as soon as we sit down.

According to Celebrity's website: "Guests with the CoCa-Cola stickers can obtain sodas from all bars throughout the ship and with exception of room service or the mini-bars. The sodas will only be served when the guest is present and one drink at a time."

We have been on several X cruises and each time purchased a soda sticker because I like to drink club soda instaed of water all afternoon. What I finally realized is that if I buy the sticker while in port on the 1st day, I pay the $5/day fee + sales tax + 15% gratuity. This time I am sending the sticker to myself as a Bon Yoyage Gift for just the $5/day fee. I can save the tax and gratuity for another day.

Hope you enjoy the trip. We will be on the Infinity at the end of the month!

Can you please tell me how you did this? I looked at bon voyage gifts and did not find any for the soda sticker. Don't you think they will still put on the gratuity at the end of every day like they do for the cabin and waiter service? I didn't think they charged tax, only gratuity when you buy on board. Thanks

Hi there,

What I usually do is purchase a 12 pack (or more) of whatever pop/juice that we want on the cruise. We then carry it on by hand when we first embark the ship. Once in the stateroom, we ask the room attendant to empty out the mini bar and we place the pop and juice in the fridge. I figure for $5/day + gratuities, it's MUCH cheaper to take your own cans on. This also avoids the fountain pop that can be so watery on the ships.

Hope this helps :).

Can you buy it for the lenght of your cruise?

You can only buy it for the length of your cruise or if not bought on the first day-for the remaining days. You CANNOT buy the soda sticker by the day.

Hi Everyone !

This is what I was told, when I asked a bartender on a recent X Cruise :

You will pay the gratuity no matter what. As for the sales tax, there is a little trick to that. If you buy the soda package (or any other item) while the ship is still in its main port on Day 1, you WILL pay sales tax. If you wait until a short time after the ship pulls out of port, you should not be subject to the sales tax.

Will this actually work or not ? I am not sure, but I might try it on my next Cruise, as an experiment to see if it works as I was told. Personally, I am not going to worry about if sales tax is charged or not on a small purchase. After all, I am on vacation :)

Does anyone know how much a can of soda on board costs? Since we will be gone most of the day on excursions I'm just curious as to how many cans you would need to drink to make the soda card a good buy.

Does anyone know how much a can of soda on board costs? Since we will be gone most of the day on excursions I'm just curious as to how many cans you would need to drink to make the soda card a good buy.

I beleive it is $1.95 + 15%, or $2.24 total.

Archived