Soft Drink Card onboard

I am taking my first Celebrity sailing on 9/3 (I usually go on Royal Carribean) and was wondering if Celebrity has a soft drink card that I can by with unlimited refills. I've bought them on RCCL and it worked out really well for me.

Thanks!

Only coke products are sold on the Royal ships. We took our own pepsi products onboard with us in our carryons.

Soda cards see for 6 bucks a day. 42.bucks for a 7 day cruises.

kids are 4 bucks a day=

The soda cards are only good for fountain sodas. As the poster said, on RCI the cards are 6.00 per day for the adult card and $4.00 per day for the childrens card, but the cards must be purchased for the length of the cruise--you can't just purchase one for one or two days. Also a 15% gratituty is charged up front when you purchase the card. The canned sodas are $1.50 plus gratituty.

RCI does not have a written policy restricting carry on of sodas, so you can carry on your own. RCI sells coke products, so if you want a different brand, you would have to carry on your own. Also, if you like one of the new flavors, like Vanilla coke, RCI hadn't been carrying that. Soda cards are only good for the fountain sodas, which are coke, diet coke, sprite, ginger ale, and club soda.

There is a thread on the RCI where people are posting information on where to buy sodas near or at the pier locations. Sorry, I don't know how to link. If you drive to the pier or come in a day early, then getting the sodas isn't an issue. But for people flying in the day of the cruise and taking a taxi or RCI provided transportation, it makes it more difficult to get the sodas before boarding. So the thread is providing some helpful information.

Taking a cab is no problem to getting a case of soda. Just ask your drivr to stop at a nearby grocery store...even a convenience store will be alot cheaper then paying on the cruise. (we did this both at Tampa and Miami)

• 5 weeks later...

Since canned sodas are 1.50 each, you'd have to drink MORE THAN FOUR SODAS per day to "save money" -- assuming you don't bring them onboard.

Looking at it from a weight-point-of-view, if you're drinking that much soda per day, you're consuming more soda calories than dessert calories! I can't afford to do that!

We carried on a 12 pack of pepsi. Got the cab driver to stop at a store and we carried it on in the plastic bag they gave us.

Sharing a card is kinda hard when you can only get one glass at a time. So who gets to use it at dinner when only one can drink the soda.

Since canned sodas are 1.50 each, you'd have to drink MORE THAN FOUR SODAS per day to "save money" -- assuming you don't bring them onboard.

You're assuming $6/day for a soda card, which is definitely the high end of the spectrum. It's closer to $3/day on Princess

Looking at it from a weight-point-of-view, if you're drinking that much soda per day, you're consuming more soda calories than dessert calories! I can't afford to do that!

You're assuming regular soda, as opposed to Diet Soda. 4 cans of Diet Coke = 4 calories, last time I checked.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know what the cost is for a soda card on NCL? Can you share a soda card with someone or does each person have to have their own?

Christi

Hi I was on the NCL Sun last year. I purchased a soda card. It cost $28.00. And many times I got drinks for others on it. Sometimes at certain bars you could only get one at a time. Others didnt care. I just waved my ship card which gets a coke sticker on it. This now became your card. I am going on the Dawn in Nov and have four in my cabin. My plan is to only buy one card. But I am sure it will be more. It is an 11 day cruise. Hope this helps.

Kathy

If you do the math. An adult will have to have around 5 sodas PER DAY. And kids will have to have 3 PER DAY. And if you do any shore excersions you will have to have to make up for the ones that you didn't have, just to break even. So you might just want to pay as you go.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You can also get juice with your soda card at the bars on RCI.

Really? You mean like orange juice and tomato juice? That'll even be better for my husband, who doesn't drink alcoholic drinks...what about Perrier and such? Does anyone know if the card will cover Sparkling Water?

If you do the math. An adult will have to have around 5 sodas PER DAY. And kids will have to have 3 PER DAY. And if you do any shore excersions you will have to have to make up for the ones that you didn't have, just to break even. So you might just want to pay as you go.

I am confused with the math, or maybe it is a different price on your cruise but on NCL it is 28.75 for an adult soda card divided by 1.50= 19.17 sodas for and 8 day cruise which is about 2 and a half sodas per day. For a child it is $16.00 for the soda card and which comes out to less than 1 and half per day. To me that seems like a good deal. It is the one thing that I feel that I might be getting the better end of the deal.

CJ

• 2 weeks later...

I was just on Celebrity last month and the soda card was $40 for a 7-night cruise. I drink Diet Coke like crazy, so it was well worth it for me. I got at least two with every dinner (they were not complimentary at any meal) and at least one with every lunch, plus one when we were at the pool...or just sitting around...that card was the best bargain of my cruise! (A friend of mine who went on Carnival a couple of years ago agrees that it was a great purchase.) I didn't try asking for juice so I don't know if it was available.

$40 seems like a lot, but it also sounds like you put your soda card to good use! LOL. On NCL the soda cards are $28.75 for and adult and $16.00 for kids. I know we will get our moneys worth as we will probably have 2-4 per day.

CJ

Yup, it was great! The only thing that I would add is that there is a gratuity charge just like for other bar purchases. I think it was only $2.75 or something, but I wasn't told about it...I just assumed it was $40 flat rate and then saw the $42.75 on my bill for the soda card. Like I said, not a big deal, just unexpected.

The bar server at dinner took such good care of me I gave him a big tip at the end of the week! Once he knew I had the soda card, he brought me a new soda just as I was finishing the first one. He even would leave the first soda on the table before we got there!

• 1 month later...

The soda cards are purchased for the length of the cruise, right? So, does that include the day of arrival and the day of departure as well? Just trying to figure out the total cost for the 8 of us......

Thanks!

Archived