Soda/juice cards

We purchased this as well. You will get a sticker on your Sea Pass! When you go to the bar to get the soda or juice, I learned that you can ask for it in any glass you like. It does not have to be in the small ones. :)

-Mike

they should leave out the mug and charge $5.00 less for the soda and juice card.

My husband loves the mug. He likes the size of it and that it is insulated as opposed to a cup or glass on the ship. At home, he fills it with coffee and it's used many times daily. So, to him it's a great mug. To each his own.

Katie

My husband loves the mug. He likes the size of it and that it is insulated as opposed to a cup or glass on the ship. At home, he fills it with coffee and it's used many times daily. So, to him it's a great mug. To each his own.

Katie[/quot

To each his own. I actually agree that it is a great cup. I just do not feel it is a necessity to have to purchase a soda card, therefore they could reduce the amount of the cost of the soda card and people could have the option to spend the extra 5 bucks to buy the cup. So my point is, for some the 5 bucks is worth it, for others it is just a forced extra expense that is not necessary.

Could someone please tell me the price for a soda card for a 9 day cruise? Also, when bought can I assume the TIPS for each purchase are included as well? Thanks

For an adult that would be $54, child $36 + 15% gratuity up front. So you would be billed roughly $62.10 p/p ( adult ) and $41.40 ( child ) including gratuity. No further tips are necessary for anything consumed with the card.

-Mike

We have purchased a soda card on another cruise line. You could only order soda. By the sounds of it, you can order juice on RCI with the card.

An I correct?

Thanks Anna:)

Yes you can get juice.. My favorite cruise drink is 80% Cranberry Juice & 20% Pineapple Juice. It is even better with the card, since it is included!!

-Mike

I can ONLY drink diet beverages, and sometimes I get tired of water....do you think it's worth it to get a soda card for me? I feel like they might run out of diet or it'll be flat for 1/2 the cruise or something and I'll be stuck paying $60 for something I can't use....do the sodas really add up fast?

Do the soda cards include bottled water???:rolleyes:

NO. Fountain sodas and juices.

I can ONLY drink diet beverages, and sometimes I get tired of water....do you think it's worth it to get a soda card for me? I feel like they might run out of diet or it'll be flat for 1/2 the cruise or something and I'll be stuck paying $60 for something I can't use....do the sodas really add up fast?
It's $6 per day times the number of days in your cruise.

The only diet soda on the plan is Diet Coke. That's why I never buy a soda card. You can get Diet Sprite in cans. The cans are now up to $1.75 each, plus 15% gratuity, but I just don't drink that much soda. I take my own packets of Crystal Light (or other brand) and mix up my own diet drinks. :)

The only diet soda on the plan is Diet Coke. That's why I never buy a soda card. You can get Diet Sprite in cans. The cans are now up to $1.75 each, plus 15% gratuity, but I just don't drink that much soda. I take my own packets of Crystal Light (or other brand) and mix up my own diet drinks. :)

I had to just call my friend to make sure I was not imagining this. when we went on the Splendour, it was us and another couple. ( our best friends ) She likes Diet Sprite as well. Well they purchased the card just like we did, and even though the only soda I drank was Diet or Reg Coke, I remembered that she had clear soda many times. It never crossed my mind to think about it as I don't like Sprite in any form. So when I called her she said that when she ordered it ( Diet Sprite ) at the bar, they would open a can and pour it into a glass with ice for her, and of course no charge since she had a soda card. She said that there was never a time when a bar tender even flinched. She just asked for Diet Sprite, showed the card with the sticker, and they poured it.

So... from your post I take, that this is not standard?

-Mike

I had to just call my friend to make sure I was not imagining this. when we went on the Splendour, it was us and another couple. ( our best friends ) She likes Diet Sprite as well. Well they purchased the card just like we did, and even though the only soda I drank was Diet or Reg Coke, I remembered that she had clear soda many times. It never crossed my mind to think about it as I don't like Sprite in any form. So when I called her she said that when she ordered it ( Diet Sprite ) at the bar, they would open a can and pour it into a glass with ice for her, and of course no charge since she had a soda card. She said that there was never a time when a bar tender even flinched. She just asked for Diet Sprite, showed the card with the sticker, and they poured it.

So... from your post I take, that this is not standard?

-Mike

VERY not standard. :eek:

Archived