Self Disembarkment??

Man, I have cruised twice and this self disembarkment is new to me. Could someone tell me how to do this? What time may we expect to get off the ship? Do they make a special announcement for you to leave? Stay in your cabin or wait in a lounge???

Thank you for ALL your help!

They do make announcements however I think they are not audible in your cabin as they are trying to get people out of their cabins so they can turn them for the next set of cruise pax.

You need to carry your own luggage out and I believe you are among the first off the boat.

We were not able to take advantage of this due to having a 7 and 3 yr old and I did not want the stress combo of departure, luggage and corraling kids on the way off the ship

Cheers

Jason

I assume you can use the elevators if you wish to - just ignore the luggage tags - even let your cabin steward know you do not need them, don't put your lugagge out the night before, have your sea pass card ready to scan on departure and leave the ship

We did self disembarkation off of the Majesty last week. We left our luggage in our room while eating breakfast, then we went back and wheeled it off. We were out the door going to the parking garage before 8am.

There was not, or at least I did not hear, a separate announcement for those using self disembarkation.

And yes, you can use the elevators.

I heard about this a week ago and called RCCL. We are driving and want off the ship ASAP. I was advised to let the stewards and pursers know when you get on board. You have to take your luggage with you so if you wait in the cabin or carry down up to you. Once the ship has cleared customs you can leave at anytime.

Sounds great if you do not need help with luggage.

I did self disembarkation earlier this month on the AOS. The first two departure # were for self disembarkation. You simply advise the purser's desk that you wish to do this and they will give you one of those first numbers.

By the way you must wait outside your cabin as it must be vacated by 8AM and for that cruise the first disembarkation group was called at 8:30AM.

I thought I read on here somewhere that if you self-disembark you are only allowed 1 suitcase each. There were problems with the elevators being jammed with people and too much luggage. I for one can not just take 1 suitcase.

We did the self disembarkation last September getting off Freedom. We went and had breakfast and by the time we were done the ship had cleared customs. We went back to our cabin collected our stuff and were on the road by 7:20am. I very much liked not having to sit around til your number/color was called.

I did self disembarkation earlier this month on the AOS. The first two departure # were for self disembarkation. You simply advise the purser's desk that you wish to do this and they will give you one of those first numbers.

By the way you must wait outside your cabin as it must be vacated by 8AM and for that cruise the first disembarkation group was called at 8:30AM.

Did they change this recently? We were told there was no self disembarkation on the AOS when we sailed in Jan.

Did they change this recently? We were told there was no self disembarkation on the AOS when we sailed in Jan.

I don't know if this was a change. I requested to do this at the purser's desks and they replied that I could do this at 8:30 with group 1 or at 9:00 with group 2.

I thought I read on here somewhere that if you self-disembark you are only allowed 1 suitcase each. There were problems with the elevators being jammed with people and too much luggage. I for one can not just take 1 suitcase.

We did self-disembarkation in San Pedro on Vision of the Seas and there was no luggage limitiations--you just have to be able to carry the luggage yourself, there is no one to assist you off the ship.

We knew that we would probably be disembarking around 8:30 AM so we made our way down the elevators early and got in a line that was already formed near the gangway. The earlier you get down to the staging area, the less hassle you have with the elevators and luggage.

We did this off of Mariner in February...

We did not have to notify anyone we simply waited for the ship to clear customs and then walked off.

You have to carry your own bags off and you have to be able to manage them on your own, possibly down escalators although elevators were available for use also.

We were off and on the road by 7:45am.

We really liked it, especially since we don't have a lot of luggage and last time, they goofed our luggage when we left it out the night before. Took 2 hours to find it because it was in the other room from where they had sent us and they wouldn't let us check that room until we begged and pleaded. What do you know??? There was our luggage. We found the situation irritating so we were happy to see self-debark.

Archived