Hotels in New Orleans

Try the Wyndam on Convention Center Blvd. Just depends whats going on that weekend (Saints Game etc.) as to what kind of rate you will get. We have stayed there a couple of times for under 100.00 a night. Which is good for New Orleans. This is very close to the terminal and a nice hotel.

Joy

one of the better hotels is the embassy suite.. it is absolutely beautiful and on friday nights they have a managers reception for the cruisers.. and on top that one of the best hot breakfasts i have ever had.. The hotel is on Julia street and one block north is Emerils.. and 2 blocks south is the Riverwalk where the cruise ships debark from.. 1 block to the south is a great little restaurant called Mulates.. i think thats how you spell it.. very nice area.. very nice outdoor pool.. and over all i loved it..

Dawn, we just booked the same Nov. 27 Grandeur yesterday. Since we are driving to NO, we have booked the Hilton special for $99 --which is one night and 7 nights free parking! Sounded great to me. Think we can probably walk to the terminal.

Although not close to the port, we won 2 nights pre-cruise stay at the Hyatt in the Business district, next to the Superdome on Priceline for $50 per night. We had a great corner room (conceriege said it was his favorite room) that had 3 windows. You could seen the bridge and the bow of our ship on the morning that it docked. Airport transfer was $27 each round trip which included the port to airport transfer. Taxi to the pier was about $10 and into the FQ about $8. We could walk to St. Charles St. for the trolley, the French Quarter, Mother's, and their trolley was free into the FQ and Harrah's. My DH couldn't believe what a great deal we got.
Bon Voyage

We were just in NO in May and stayed at the Drury Inn in the Central Business District. I believe the rate was $69 and it included a hot breakfast buffet and 3 complementary drinks (weekdays only). The hotel was about a 10 minute walk to Riverwalk and a 5 minute walk to the French Quarter. The rooms were clean, staff were very helpful and the hotel had on-site parking (which is rare in NO).

Thanks for all the help. Not sure yet what I'm doing. I was originally going to fly in the same day but don't want to take any chances. It's a holiday weekend so I have to make up my mind quickly!!

Thanks again!
Dawn

Go to the web site above-you can find some great hotel deals there. Last time I went, we stayed at the Hotel Monaco (in the Central Business District, on Poydras, I think) for something like $99 per night. It's usually $250

I second the Wyndam Riverfront. Not cheap, but all you have to do is -- walk out the front door, turn right for 50 yards, walk across the street, and under the Riverwalk entry (covered area), take the elevator up one floor, enter the mall area, angle right 20 steps, out the back door, turn right and walk behind the Convention center, down stairs and you are at the front door of the Cruise Terminal. We had three roller bags and a carryon--no problems! 10 minute walk and we were on the Grandeur before noon. Good luck!

This cam (when it is up and running) shows the covered walkway to the Riverfront Mall. The ships dock just behind, and to the right, of this area.

[url="http://www.nola.com/rivercam/"]www.nola.com/rivercam/[/url]

Enjoy! Kel

Hi! I just got back from New Orleans, and I would highly recommend that you take advantage of an insane rate they are offering at the Ritz Carlton on Canal Street. I got a rate of $99 a night. It is a BEAUTIFUL hotel, and a short cab ride to the cruise terminal. It is SO hot and humid out there right now that I guess it is considered off-season.
It was my first trip to New Orleans and I fell in love with it, and am planning on going back out there in late October and taking the Oct. 31st sailing on the Conquest out there. Have fun!

Archived