Difference between Titanic and cruise today

SheriNtexas

But. Did you have to bring your own Butler????.

And

Was there a swimming pool? And no, I do not mean the one at the end of the movie:mad:, how could you suggest that.:eek:

:)Happy Cruising:)

:cool:

Dai

We visited the Titanic exhibit two years ago, and it was quite amazing...complete with a piece of the hull that you could actually touch!

How about no shoveling coal into the boilers

And my favorite...no access to the bow to be "King of the World"!

We saw it too! It was wonderful! Did yours have an iceberg? We saw it in Vegas? From my recollection, they didn't allow photos!!

Today's cruiseships make more than one cruise :D

That's not very nice:(. Accurate, but not nice. I thought my swimming pool one was bad ;) but this is worse.

Bad taste prize goes to Mr.Tannersgramp. By a short head, or a large iceberg. Sorry I could not resist that one.

Dai

Four Smokestacks:confused::confused:

So she wasn't a no smoking ship:confused::confused: Sorry wrong thread!!!!!

Happy Cruising

Dai

That's not very nice:(. Accurate, but not nice. I thought my swimming pool one was bad ;) but this is worse.

Bad taste prize goes to Mr.Tannersgramp. By a short head, or a large iceberg. Sorry I could not resist that one.

Dai

Gosh.. you mean I won? I never win anything, so this is how it feels.;)

The White Star Line, operator of the RMS Titanic, would not accept passengers who were "deaf, dumb, blind, insane, or over the age of 60 years".

Well that has just ruled out 80% of cruisers today:eek:, and that is just the insane ones. I bet if you had pots of cash they might overlook some of these criteria.

:):)Happy cruising:):)

Dai

We went to the Titanic artifacts and went through the make believe "Titanic". We each got a card that gave us a name and some information about us. In the end you look on the wall to see if you lived or not. My husband didn't but I did and so did my daughter and her friend.

I touched the "ice" brrr. It was pretty neat.

How about the size of the suites? Some of those in the movie had like 3-4 different HUGE rooms.

I don't think the cruise ships nowadays store CARS on them either!

Oh yeah...no "health inspections" either.

I seem to remember hearing about a package deal a few years back. Take the QE2 over and pick up your new Mercedes. Car was then loaded on the cruise ship to return to the US. Course, I don't think I could take that trip even if I won the lottery!:eek:

For anyone who enjoys the history of the Titanic - I bought a CD game a couple of years ago titled "TITANIC Adventure Out of Time". It's put out by Cyberflix. The game received awards because it is the exact replica of the real Titanic. It's an interactive game (mystery) with talking charactors. It is my favorite computer game. You find clues throughout the ship. Lots of fun, and weird because it is so authentic.

Of course the Titanic did not have message boards for people to review the ship and look forward to their next cruise.:cool:

And people in Whitley Bay could not communicate with people in Up State New York with such ease.

How we have moved on!! And how much do we just take it for granted!!!

Better not to think to much about it.

Dai

Archived