Princess Kaguya, 370,000 GT, 8,400 pax... ridiculous

btrojanoski

I posted a similar thread about this the other day. It was about when Princess will actually build one of these mega ships. Royal Caribbean will have the genesis in 2009(220,000 tons) and Carnival has the "Pinnacle Plan" waiting in the wings. Princess will eventually have to build one.

Because of the way the itinerary is designed, I think you would need an extended stay on this ship. The ship sails 3-4 days, then is in (one) port for 3-4 days. In port, passengers can tour the city extensively using the ship as a hotel for the 3-4 days -- and visitors can come onboard for dining, shopping, shows, etc. I know a lot of people think of all cruise ships as floating hotels, but this ship really *is* one.

I'm not leaving home for a month or two at a stretch right now, because I just don't enjoy being gone that long. But, I think there will come a time when this concept would work for us - - taking an extended trip maybe every couple of years.

• 2 years later...
Why resurrect this two and one-half year old thread?

Since it was their first post on CC, my guess is that they did a search using a keyword that turned up this thread...and they didn't realize it was a thread from 2.5 yrs ago.

Archived