Do kids get a invite to the past guest party?

skyscanr

i should add that whatever you decide, we have been on some cruises where upon collecting the invites at the door, they look at the name and then at the person handing it in and say "xxxx, thank you for sailing w/ us again."

maybe a way to dissuede people from doing just what you are thinking. but, this has not happened on every cruise.

Well the person we would give it to is a widow who will be with us and her 4 kids . Do not really think the kids want to go and would hate to have to leave her alone for a hour . I really do not think that if they called her katharine or kassandra it would be a big deal to her :)

I have 2 kids 18 and 8 both are past guest do they get a invite to the past guest party ? If so ,can we give one of the invites to a friend who will be traveling with us?

Yes, all past guests get invite.

If kid doesn't want to go, it would be fine IMO to take friend along. It's not like you're asking to bring in an extra person, just a replacement.

That is exactly what we did last cruise. Son didn't want to go, gf did.

Either way, it's not a big deal though. PG party isn't some grand event.

I disagree, SL. I think it's a VERY nice party. Something Carnival does for past guests, but doesn't have to do at all.;)

Sky - In this instance, I think it would be perfectly ok to take your friend instead of a child. I'm an advocate for 'only past guests' attending (because it gets 'way too crowded when folks bring guests).....but in this case, I'm all for your friend attending. Enjoy your party! (I guess you know the PG parties are on 5 night or longer cruises.):)

My husband came with me on our last Spirit Cruise. (I am a past guest, he was not) No one said a thing to him. We stayed for a drink and a few hors d'ouevres and it was nice. (actually, better than HAL's IMO)

My 2 year old niece got an invitation! Her first cruise was when she was 11 months old so technically she was a past guest. She went to the party and behaved better than some of the adults that were there! LOL

I, for one, am very glad when I see them taking up invitations at the door to the party....and explaining to uninvited guests that the party is for past guests only. Anyone who has not received a personal invitation should not try to attend.

This has been rehashed a zillion times. The party is to thank repeat cruisers for coming back to Carnival. Newbies to the line should wait until their next cruise, when they will have truly EARNED the right to attend the party.

As far as others in your group - Surely, they can find something interesting and fun to do for that little 45 minute time period. The parties are getting SO crowded with those who should NOT be there.....it makes it hard for true past guests to enjoy their own party.:rolleyes:

Sky's situation is very different. The friend will attend the party in lieu of one of her children; thus, not taking up any extra space.

In 2003 I took my Mom and Duaghter for their first Carnival Cruise, I was already a past guest, just went to the Purser;s desk and asked if they could come to the Party also, they said okay since we were rtaveling together and in the same cabin and even printed invitations for them right then and there.

Just ask the Purser, should be okay, but do it early in the cruise. Mostly they need a count to figure out how many Past Guests are invited incase it's so many they need to do 2 Parties to accomodate everyone (did that on my Legend sailing in 2004, we were invited to the second Party that evening).

I got alot of mixed reviews on that question. It is actually my sister who is the past guest but this is her DH to be's first cruise. I'll let her know what everyone said and let her decide what she's going to do. It's not like it's a major life decision or anything besides she is preg so she wouldn't be able to drink the free cocktails anyway. Thanks for everyones opinions:D:D Happy cruising to everyone

On our second Carnival cruise, we received a single invitation in the cabin. When we went to the party, it was way overcrowded and you could barely find a seat.

Since then we have received individual invitations and the parties have been much better.

Despite what people here or your PVP says, in most cases, if you don't have an invitation in hand you aren't getting in.

I don't see what the big issue is. If you are a past guest and your traveling with someone who isn't and you want to go to the party but not without them, then what is the big deal with them coming along to the party?

The last past guest party I attended they collected the invitations and looked at your S&S card. Only Gold and Platinum were admitted.

i don't remember them ever asking for our S&S cards, but i guess i cld see how they might if the sailing is full of PGs and they are trying to keep a handle on it. and as said b/4, you must hand in the invites at the door.

I don't see what the big issue is. If you are a past guest and your traveling with someone who isn't and you want to go to the party but not without them, then what is the big deal with them coming along to the party?

If it is your spouse/partner then fine...but not everyone you are traveling with! The last cruise I was on they checked my S&S card against the invitation. That is the way it should be done.

Well our entire family are past guests but for some reason the pins/invites were placed in our "mailboxes" on our room doors. Guess what..DW and both kids got one but I didnt...well it was for 330 or so pm (early seating although our dinner was late seating). We had private party at 3:30 so we had to wait until 2nd past guest party at 5 or so. We took our pins/invites and I used sons. Just DW and I went...Well they glanced at the invites and let us in inspite of us having them for a party that just passed and me not actually being listed. Of course if they didnt let me in I was going to protests because I never got an invite. Someone said I could go to pursers desk but didnt feel like standing in line 30 minutes for a party that lasted 45. Seems like on past cruises the pins were put in our rooms but we never went to the party. Either way the party was good and we had no problems getting in

My husband and I cruised without our kids on our last Carnival cruise. This will be their first Carnival Cruise. (11 and 14). Are they really going to make you leave your kids in the room?

Archived