Seattle Port Question

SakeDad

I have posted on Alaska and West Coast thread but no response so far and maybe this is more a HAL question anyway.

We dock in Seattle at 7:00am and our flight is 12:40pm. I want to book a car service to pick us up. Assuming it takes 30 min to the airport and getting to the airport 1 1/2-2 hours prior to departure that would mean a car pick up time of 10:00am-10:30am. How long can you stay on the ship in the morning? I would LOVE a leisurely morning and not have to rush off the ship. Do you think it's OK to book the car for 10:30am and start disembarking around 10:00am???

Sea-Tac Airport is no more than a 20 minute drive/ride from the HAL terminal on Harbor Island. One would normally take I-5 to Sea-Tac but if traffic is bad then an alternate route would be Hiway 99 which is the original north/south hiway prior to I-5 being built. Taking Hiway 99 might take a couple minutes longer but not by much. No worries........

I have posted on Alaska and West Coast thread but no response so far and maybe this is more a HAL question anyway.

We dock in Seattle at 7:00am and our flight is 12:40pm. I want to book a car service to pick us up. Assuming it takes 30 min to the airport and getting to the airport 1 1/2-2 hours prior to departure that would mean a car pick up time of 10:00am-10:30am. How long can you stay on the ship in the morning? I would LOVE a leisurely morning and not have to rush off the ship. Do you think it's OK to book the car for 10:30am and start disembarking around 10:00am???

We have had long and quick debarks. The quickest was last year on the Nordam docking in Civitavecchia (when we had planned for a leisurely morning). They were making the final call at 8:30am. But given the lightning speed of US ICE you may be OK. Also from the pier it’s an easy shot up HWY 99 to the airport, so 30 minutes should be plenty. What can slow you up is the security lines at SEATAC which can be lengthy and glacial on the weekends.

You can fill out your disembarkation form to say you'll be "on your own" for arrangements, then get off when the last group is called. Still, that probably won't be any later than 10 AM.

What we usually do is to arrange to call the car service as soon as we can ascertain the approx. time we'll have to be getting off (roughly 90 minutes or so after the first group is called)...

I will jump in on Nathan's thread and ask a similar question. We plan to just take a taxi when we get off the Noordam which will be on a Sunday. We have the same flight time as Nathan coming back to Las Vegas just a few weeks later;)

Are there plenty of taxi's to grab at the Seattle pier? When we last went out of Seattle in 2004 we went with friends that arranged a limo. I had thought about taking HAL's transfer service but I hate sitting around on a bus. I would rather get to the airport early and grab a Starbucks. If the taxi's are plentiful does anyone remember about how much it cost?

I will jump in on Nathan's thread and ask a similar question. We plan to just take a taxi when we get off the Noordam which will be on a Sunday. We have the same flight time as Nathan coming back to Las Vegas just a few weeks later;)

Are there plenty of taxi's to grab at the Seattle pier? When we last went out of Seattle in 2004 we went with friends that arranged a limo. I had thought about taking HAL's transfer service but I hate sitting around on a bus. I would rather get to the airport early and grab a Starbucks. If the taxi's are plentiful does anyone remember about how much it cost?

Lisa, there should be plenty of taxis, but I can't help you with the price. For a 12:40 departure, you should probably be at the airport by 10:30-11am, to allow you plenty of time. My sister, who lives her life more precariously than I do, would probably tell you that 11:30 am is still plenty of time to go through security and get on the flight. However, she is one of those Platinum-Plated Frequent Business Travelers, so she gets preferential treatment.

Another option, Lisa dear, is to come with me and take my husband Ed's white minivan limo service, when he picks me up at the end of the same cruise.;) :) The fare is free, and he drives a lot better than most taxi drivers.

Karin

We are also on that 12:40 flight out of Seattle for our upcoming 5/26 cruise on the "O".

I have never cruised out of Seattle, but assumed as most here are suggesting, that we will have plenty of time to have an easy, enjoyable morning of it.

We are planning on taking a taxi to the airport, as it is usually quicker and less to think about, rather then waiting on a transfer.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cheers! :)

Another option, Lisa dear, is to come with me and take my husband Ed's white minivan limo service, when he picks me up at the end of the same cruise.;) :) The fare is free, and he drives a lot better than most taxi drivers.

Karin

Karin Your Hired, or should I say Ed's Hired:D That sounds fantastic. Then I would say that a few drinks will be on me.

Regarding taxis at Pier 30, We were on a Vancouver to Los Angeles coastal cruise last September with a port stop at Seattle. Getting off the ship was slow; this was a disembarkation port for people doing a 1-dayer, and names were continually be called to come to the main desk, which I assume meant they still hadn't settled their bill. Disembarkation was about 45-minutes late. We could see a huge line of taxis waiting, but there was another ship at Pier 30 and it disembarked its passengers about a half hour before the Veendam, which pretty well depleted the taxi line. However, taxis kept streaming back in goodly numbers and I think we waited for one at the most 10–15 minutes.

Sea-Tac is our home airport and it can be a real pleasure to use with a 5-minute wait at security or an absolute nightmare for no apparent reason. If you airline allows on-line check-in and you can print your boarding pass on the ship, it'll be worth your while to do so.

Traffic in Seattle can also be weird, with stop-and-go again for no apparent reason. So when we fly I always like to get to Sea-Tac plenty early, at least two hours early. We purchased a membership in our frequent flyer airline's board room so that helps make waiting more pleasurable. If you don't have that kind of access, there's a grand concourse between terminals C and A that has a bunch of places to eat or get a beverage and has a window wall with quite a bit of seating so you can watch the landings and take offs.

For ONE DOLLAR you could take the bus to the airport. There is a bus by Pike Market that goes to the airport and if you get it at the time you are thinking of going, a dollar is a very good price.

For ONE DOLLAR you could take the bus to the airport. There is a bus by Pike Market that goes to the airport and if you get it at the time you are thinking of going, a dollar is a very good price.

Carrying two pieces of luggage plus a carry on bag as well as my 69 year old mother and her luggage :eek: makes $1.00 and having to get from the ship to Pikes Place Market NOT a very good price at all!:cool: Think I'll enjoy the LUXERY of having a private town car with chauffeur picking us up at the ship, loading our luggage and whizzing through the traffic to the airport all for $40.00 just fine!:D

Carrying two pieces of luggage plus a carry on bag as well as my 69 year old mother and her luggage :eek: makes $1.00 and having to get from the ship to Pikes Place Market NOT a very good price at all!:cool: Think I'll enjoy the LUXERY of having a private town car with chauffeur picking us up at the ship, loading our luggage and whizzing through the traffic to the airport all for $40.00 just fine!:D

Can't say as I blame you there :D . If I were in your shoes I do believe I'd do the same!

Archived