Turned down an upsell on the Pearl...

7SeasLover

NCL offered the Owner's Suite for $740 pp. I just don't see that as being a bargain on a 7-day Alaska cruise, so I turned it down. I'll have to settle for the Penthouse.

I just HATE turning down upsells. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake? :confused: It averaged out to $220 per day and that's just doesn't sound like a deal to me. Oh well.

We sail in 30 days.

I agree... turned my down too; very disappointed! In the A2 Deluxe Owner's Suite, offered GV for first $15000, tehn $11,000 then before hanging up the phone at $7,000. Just seems like an awful lot more money for an upsell, was really hoping for a better deal! Anyone else experience an upsell price for the GV and is it typically that much more? Our cruise is a month a way.

Oh Well Seven Seas... maybe they won't be able to sell them and call us back!!!! LOL

I agree... turned my down too; very disappointed! In the A2 Deluxe Owner's Suite, offered GV for first $15000, tehn $11,000 then before hanging up the phone at $7,000. Just seems like an awful lot more money for an upsell, was really hoping for a better deal! Anyone else experience an upsell price for the GV and is it typically that much more? Our cruise is a month a way.

Oh Well Seven Seas... maybe they won't be able to sell them and call us back!!!! LOL

I was offered (twice) the GV last Sept., on the Dawn. AA to GV. There were only 4 of us and I don't remember the offers but I, too, thought they were too high.

Another group did buy it - they were a larger group than ours.

You will probably get another call if they don't sell it.

Good luck:)

NCL offered the Owner's Suite for $740 pp. I just don't see that as being a bargain on a 7-day Alaska cruise, so I turned it down. I'll have to settle for the Penthouse.

I just HATE turning down upsells. Now I'm wondering if I made a mistake? :confused: It averaged out to $220 per day and that's just doesn't sound like a deal to me. Oh well.

We sail in 30 days.

Just think of all the extra money you'll have since turning down the upsell! You can do a lot on $220 a day!

And aren't you in AE 9670? The same penthouse we'll be in on June 17th? Please, please take some pictures and either post them online or email them to me!

There are still a lot of empty cabins on our cruise and I was debating if I'd want to give up my AE for anything else. I think we're happy where we are!

I could make a counter offer, but I'm not sure I want to spend more money. I've been on 3 cruises in 7 months. I'm ok with the Penthouse.

I think you get an offer and if you take it, they must flag you somehow. I've been offered 4 upsells and have accepted 2.

They don't want things to go empty so they may re-offer. Who knows?

Dodge, if you take the GV, just rent us one of those GV rooms!!! ha ha ha!

We received an up-sell offer as well. Price was attractive, but it would have meant giving up our aft-facing balcony. Getting us to give up our aft-facing balcony cabin is like asking Charlton Heston to give up his gun. NEVER.

Size (of cabin) does NOT matter. For us it’s location, location, location.

We received an up-sell offer as well. Price was attractive, but it would have meant giving up our aft-facing balcony. Getting us to give up our aft-facing balcony cabin is like asking Charlton Heston to give up his gun. NEVER.

We haven't received an upsell offer, but I agree! We would never give up our aft-facing suite. :)

We sail in 30 days.

I think you made the right decision. ;)

Hmmmmm... our Penthouse is at the stern and so you've given me food for thought. I love gazing at the wake of the ship - unobstructed views... hmmm.... maybe I don't want a nice offer!

I'll wait to see what happens with an offer to NCL for the OS and the GV. I may give up for a courtyard villa, but the price would have to be really juicey for me to forgo my current penthouse location (stateroom 9670).

Decisions! Now I'll hope NCL doesn't reduce the price too much. I hate decisions!

Hmmmmm... our Penthouse is at the stern and so you've given me food for thought. I love gazing at the wake of the ship - unobstructed views... hmmm.... maybe I don't want a nice offer!

I'll wait to see what happens with an offer to NCL for the OS and the GV. I may give up for a courtyard villa, but the price would have to be really juicey for me to forgo my current penthouse location (stateroom 9670).

Decisions! Now I'll hope NCL doesn't reduce the price too much. I hate decisions!

What does the OS offer that would make it that much better than an AE?

The only thing you have to have for Alaska is a balcony. After that, the cruise will be the cheapest part of your vacation. The shore excursions are where you will spend the big bucks. That's where I would put my dollars. Except for when you pivot at the glacier, you won't be spending much time in your cabin anyway. Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! In a perfect world I would live half the year in Alaska and half in Hawaii:)

They could come back. Two years ago we were offered an upsell from an ins K to a BE balcony for $300pp on the Sun. Yikes..thanks, but no thanks. We're retired and I kiddingly asked our TA to tell them that was not in our senior budget. I don't know if she did, but one week later, the offer was $75pp for a BA. That got a YES. We had booked the November cruise in February for a little over $400pp total so we ended up in a balcony for a price we'll probably never see again.

So you just never know, they could come back with a much better offer.

The first offer came 3 weeks before sailing, so they must be very busy making these calls the last month or so before a sailing.

we are also in aft cabin and was wondering if ok facing back?

Owner's Suite has a lot more room. I'm not sure what all the perks are but probably not worth $740 pp for just a one week cruise. I was offered the OS from a Suite on a 14-day cruise for $500 pp. I took it. It's worth the price for a 14-day cruise.

I know they don't want the rooms to go vacant, so they do come down.

We turned down an upsell too because there was NO WAY we were giving up our wonderful aft-facing mini-suite. Just can't beat the view, lack of wind, privacy, etc.

We're less than 2 months until our cruise on the Pearl and there are still quite a few empty cabins. What do you think our chances of an upsell might be? There's still 1 GV, 1 Dlx OS, 1 OS, 5 A3 CV's, 2 A4 CV's, 5 AB's, 6 AC's, 3 AD's, 3 AE's and over 6 mini-suites available.

We're currently in an AE but aren't sure if we would want an upsell or not. What would be a good offer to accept if we would happen to get a call from NCL? Any ideas out there? Thanks!

We turned down an upsell too because there was NO WAY we were giving up our wonderful aft-facing mini-suite. Just can't beat the view' date=' lack of wind, privacy, etc.[/quote']

One always hopes for an upsell, but after snagging a aft facing mini, I may so no if offered. I have never had a aft and from reading these last two posts, I am really rethinking the wish for an upsell.

Nancy

Archived