Platinum Level Question

ReturnCruiser

I have reservations for two cabins for an upcoming cruise. I am paying for both cabins and my credit card is designated for the cruise account expenses related to both cabins. One cabin is for my wife and myself. The other cabin is for my parents. My mother is at the platinum level and the rest of us (interestingly) are still at the gold level.

When we check-in, will all of us be able to use the platinum preferred check-in service?

Thanks

This seems to be up to the whims of the person checking the line that day! On our Star cruise last week my family (4 of us) had two cabins. I was the only one with preferred boarding. We arrived at the pier early and waited in line outside for maybe two minutes. As the gentleman at the door saw my boarding pass he said he was out of #1 cards so when they call for 1 just go. My husband asked if all of us went or just my cabin. We were told all of us could go. The other family we were traveling with asked jokingly if they could go too since we were all friends. Surprisingly the gentleman said "go for it". We just looked at him so he stressed that he really didn't care if we all went when they called priority boarding.

I have found if you are friendly and honest with the people they usually let you do it. If you act like you are trying to pull one off on them they try to find out what it is. Just go with Mom to the front and ask nicely. Chances are better than not they'll have no problem.

My mother is at the platinum level and the rest of us (interestingly) are still at the gold level.

When we check-in, will all of us be able to use the platinum preferred check-in service?

Thanks

I'm sure you'll have no problem. We recently checked in our whole group at once; 5 couples. We as Elite were the only ones eligible for priority, yet they accommodated the entire group at the same time.

I recently read somewhere that everyone in the party of the person with the platinum level may check in together at the priority line. Interestingly, 2 wks ago on the CB, the regular lines were shorter than the priority so we used them.

I recently read somewhere that everyone in the party of the person with the platinum level may check in together at the priority line. Interestingly, 2 wks ago on the CB, the regular lines were shorter than the priority so we used them.

I hate to be a contrarian here, but in March when we boarded the Island Princess for Hawaii, there was an obnoxious fellow with Platinum/Elite status who tried to check in with his friends who were neither. He was put through, his friends were sent packing, and all of us in line were very thankful. To each his own I guess.

I hate to be a contrarian here, but in March when we boarded the Island Princess for Hawaii, there was an obnoxious fellow with Platinum/Elite status who tried to check in with his friends who were neither. He was put through, his friends were sent packing, and all of us in line were very thankful. To each his own I guess.

The key word is obnoxious. No need for that. Glad that the others weren't accommodated. I don't understand what people think they are proving by being nasty.

While checking in on CB last summer, I was the only Platinum in the group and the guy at the door put our whole party of 6 through early. From when we arrived at the port until we were eating lunch on Lido was a total of 30 minutes (this includes stopping into the room). Embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale is the best!! :)

We were able to have our friends go through to check-in with us. We are Platinum and they were new to Princess. They were traveling with us so there was no problem. Usually check in is so effecient, everyone gets right through at about the same time anyway. It is just easier for you whole party to stay together and Princess is good about allowing that.

On the other side of the coin, when we were getting off the Island Princess after our Hawaii tour, we asked whether our Gold friends could join us in the Platinum lounge while waiting our turn, and we were told that was not a problem so long as our Gold friends were getting off at the same time we were. Princess were quite accommodating in this regard.

Princess is also good for those of us with mobility problems. I use a rollator and have been taken to a special check-in desk each time I have boarded. Also you may want to identify your parents as needing extra help in an emergency. I have started doing this as my ability to walk has decreased. If something were to happen they would have a steward come and assist them to the proper muster area.

Archived