"DUTCH NIGHT" menu so bad...

Leslieswiger

• 3 weeks later...
Hi...so many different opinions about the food:confused:

quote by jazzsea

"lately on Holland America we look forward to dinner on shore, if possible".:(

Oh my goodness......that really tells me you do not like any of the food, if you prefer to eat in port.

I am not judging you, I promise....so, you are happy with everything else on the ship? Or, are you not sailing HAL anymore? I am not trying to be sarcastic....you statement just threw me.....

\

Lois, don't worry about the food. I know its a matter of opinion but the 6 cruises we've done on HAL, the food was great. I really don't remember what I had at Dutch night last year on the Volendam, but I certainly would have remembered if it had been awful, but I do remember the chocolate tulip, and it was great. I, too agree that anything in the dining room would beat a bar-b-que in the Lido.

We used to enjoy Dutch Night on all the ships but not as much now. They eliminated three of our favorite dishes. What is left is a meager shadow of its former self IMO

I think they eliminated the Dover Sole because there seem to be fewer dining stewards. It took them time to de-bone the sole and if there are fewer stewards, they do not have the time to do it.

IMO Nasi Goreng (rice) is not nearly as tasty as Bami Goreng.

DH used to like Hollandse Biefstuk Met Champignons and that is also off the menu.

If the menu is going to remain as iit now is for Dutch Night, I sadly think it preferable to discontinue having it if they cannot (will no longer) do it right. IMO The menu is NOT good now.

As always, JMHO.....

Different strokes for different folks. We loved the bar-b-que on the Zuiderdam and the Oosterdam. Our son and wife did too. The food was very good and the dessert table was a real treat. We had no problem finding a table and the line was not that long if you waited a little while after it began.

I would be disappointed if the Westerdam does not have a bar-b-que night.

I hope it will be on the Cozumel night when we are in port til 11pm.

Can anyone who has cruised in the past few weeks give us some insight into what exactly is on the menu for Dutch night? All the "good" stuff was still on during our 21 day cruise in Ap/May, maybe just because it was a longer cruise. I despise the BBQ on the lido, and don`t really want room service, if there is a nice piece of fish from the grill part of the menu, I`d settle for that.....jean :cool:

I thought the pork chop was delicious.

Herring has not been offered on Dutch night for a number of cruises as an appetizer. Just another item HAL has given up.

On our Dutch night there was Dutch Beef Pot Roast, Nasi Goreng, Groemten Kroetten (?) , duck breast with ornage sauce, pork chop with spiced apple chutney, and halibut medallion.

We have made a comment before about how the choices have diminished over the last few years. And we wondered if it was because so few people were attending the BBQ which is usually held the same night. Is HAL trying to get more people to attend the BBQ?

:)

Archived