When do you get your suitcases?

I have sailed on RCCL once before and I don't remember waiting all that long for our luggage. The same goes for on Celebrity.

I just have read several posts where people say they didn't get their luggage in their room till near dinner. Is that the norm now on RCCL?

What time did you get your luggage on day one?

Thanks!

Our 1st cruise took about 4 hours to get our bags. Our last cruise, we got most of our stuff within 3 hours--but one bag didn't arrive until sometime during late seating dinner.

Moral of the story: If there is something you MUST have, carry it on with you! It's pretty much a crapshoot!

Our 1st cruise took about 4 hours to get our bags. Our last cruise, we got most of our stuff within 3 hours--but one bag didn't arrive until sometime during late seating dinner.

Moral of the story: If there is something you MUST have, carry it on with you! It's pretty much a crapshoot!

On our Mariner Cruise in November, we had our suitcases by 3:00 p.m. It appeared as though everyone else did too. Quick poll of my friends have shown similar results on recent cruises.

We have always gotten ours early...way before dinner (late seating) but on Freedom, some friends of ours didn't get theres until sometimes during the late seating. They were there when they got back from dinner.

We've sailed RCCL twice - once we had our luggage before 3 and the second time (even though we boarded by 11:30) not until 5:45 - just as we were leaving for dinner.

to receive your luggage. On Legend in February, we boarded at 12:30 pm--received one suitcase around 3:00 pm and the other one didn't arrive until 8:30 pm.

In October on Rhapsody, we got both cases within an hour of boarding.

At any rate, it is always good to put a change of clothes in your carry on bag and perhaps a swimsuit, if you want to take advantage of the pool.

Have received bags both early and late. First cruise on the Serenade, we had them some time after 4p.m., but not terribly late. We didn't board until 3p.m. so no complaints. On the Jewel, they came much later. Didn't have everything until just before late seating. On the Adventure last year, similar results. This past year on the Adventure, all of my bags were there by 3p.m.

Be ready for anything in my opinion.

Jen

Archived