Camera's

>snip< When Radio was posting recently live from the Jewel, he was posting beautiful pics and I asked what camera he was using. Do you think I can remember what he told me? No! It's one of the problems with being my age, I think. >snip<

I have used many camera's for cruising. I try to use one that can be easily stored, and very compact. You never know when you will need to take a photo. . .

The most current camera is a SONY DSC-W50. . . it is very small and takes nice pics (6 megapixels and Carl Zeiss lens) I also own a Sony DSC-P9, and a Sony DSC S75..... I sometimes take all of them on a cruise with me :rolleyes:

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have lugged my video camera around. never to bring it out. My new Kodak V610 takes great video clips and they look great on the tv screen. with extra memory cards and my laptop to download I think this will be better than a seperate video camera. Just switch to video mode for a few minutes, then switch back for stills. I have been practicing at home and I am very happy with it. Many digital cameras have this option, give it a try.

It also has a great panoramic feature that stiches the photos right there.

57 days to Alaska!!

My Kodak Insta Share LCD broke and I am considering a different brand but I already have the docking printer as well. Do any other manufacturers have a docking template that might go with my printer?

Digitalgirl,

Thanks, that's probably what I'll do and then just put it all togather when I get home.

Boy that does mean I gotta stock up on memory cards. I have (8) ultra 2gb,

(6) 2gb but I'm sure I'll need more if I'm using it for pics and videos.

CJ :) :)

Yell, I always bargain shop.

I got 4 cards 2 gb for $20.00 each at Eckerds last week. I took the last 4 they have and they said they couldn't write a raincheck for them. Have to catch some more sales.

CJ :) :)

I think you mean it has 7.2 mp! You'd be hard pressed to find a camera sold today with only 2 mp!
ABSOLUTELY! That's what happens when I type faster than the keyboard can tally my strokes!

My question is, did you buy the camera from the camera guy? I don't want to go to a "real" camera store because I would feel like I was wasting the person's time. It's unlikely that he can match the price that I can find online for any camera and I just have a bad feeling about using his expertise to choose a camera and then not buying it! I'm just weird that way.
I did. I felt that the extra dollars are well-invested in the time he took with me, knowing that they are there if I have any problems, and he also gave me some nice *gifts*, such as a training class, some cards for quite a few free prints, and a coupon for a huge poster size enlargement.

Merion Mom: I'm so glad you went to the store and "tried before you bought"! This is one of the most important parts of comparing cameras. Although I'm not too partial to the Sony cameras, I think the one you got will serve you very well. They do take wonderful pictures. For some people, Canon is good, for others, it is Nikon......etc. etc. etc. You have obviously found the jewel you wanted and I'm so happy for you!

Merion Mom: I'm so glad you went to the store and "tried before you bought"! This is one of the most important parts of comparing cameras. Although I'm not too partial to the Sony cameras, I think the one you got will serve you very well. They do take wonderful pictures. For some people, Canon is good, for others, it is Nikon......etc. etc. etc. You have obviously found the jewel you wanted and I'm so happy for you!

Yes, Celia, your encouragement to do just that was particularly key in this process turning out so well!

When I started playing with the controls on the Canon, they just didn't seem or feel *natural* to me. The Sony, on the other hand, did.

:)

Canon. (I got my S3 when it first came out for $190

How???? I have an S1 that I paid 225 for when it was new..And that was a smokin deal at the time! (price match, staples coupons,etc..)Its showing its age..If I could get an S3 for that I'd upgrade! Best price I can muster is about 275 right now.

I have been considering a pocket model to complement the S1..But I love the confidence of AA batteries and find it hard to be without the 10x optical zoom..

Archived