ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

Host Anne

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

wwb ~ since there was only one other post in the thread you started and you found your active roll call, I simply removed the duplicate thread. You can repost your one comment over there or I can copy it over for you if you'd like. Have a FANTASTIC cruise!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For the HOST or MODERATOR. Do you have power to change the titles in the roll call message boards?

There should be a common format for each sailing. It would make things easier to navigate and make my OCD (or as it should be called CDO...alphabetically in order) better.

If possible I think it would be a very positive change that many would appreciate.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to look up old roll calls? I'd love to look at some that have already sailed on the itinerary I am going on in December 2014 but can't find any old Celebrity Infinity roll calls. There are only two pages listed.

Is there a way to look up old roll calls? I'd love to look at some that have already sailed on the itinerary I am going on in December 2014 but can't find any old Celebrity Infinity roll calls. There are only two pages listed.

You need go to "quick links" at the top of page, "edit options" and under "Thread Display Options", "default thread age cutoff" change to show all threads.

oldest thread under "infinity roll calls" last post was August 27th, 2004 05:29 PM!!

For the HOST or MODERATOR. Do you have power to change the titles in the roll call message boards?

There should be a common format for each sailing. It would make things easier to navigate and make my OCD (or as it should be called CDO...alphabetically in order) better.

If possible I think it would be a very positive change that many would appreciate.

Hi dodger - hopefully you've or Community Manager's request on roll calls to do exactly what you are requesting. However, it's not possible for us (volunteer moderators) to check every roll call to ensure that everyone follows the same requested format. Hopefully Laura's recent request will improve the roll call thread title format for most threads.

• 1 month later...
There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

How do I find the one that I've sailed? For example, I am trying to find the April 2012 roll call on the Celebrity Equinos. Where can I find it?

Thx!

Edited by cruise_alot123

April 30, 2012 to the Baltic. The reason for this is I've lost some contacts in this old roll call and am trying to find out if I can locate them using the old roll call. I am trying to locate the CC user id from this roll call.

Thanks.

Tony

Hi Tony, I found it pretty easily....I went to the Equinox Forum and

type in April 30, 2012 and it popped up.......here is the link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439633&highlight=april+30+2012

• 2 weeks later...
There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Well done & thanks Anne! I just spent 10 mins trying to navigate & find othe cruise passengers when I saw your bit. Hopefully I will now be able to find them. Bit of a novice to this so no doubt will get lost a few times but it looks like there is plenty of help about.

Cheers Hawaii2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers,

I am looking for someone to join us on a couple of private tours that I have booked. The first one is in Palma de Mallorca to the Drach Caves with Alex, who is a private tour guide. There is currently room for 10 more people on this excursion.

Second, Civitavecchia (Rome) The Best of Rome with skip the line tickets included. This excursion is through Share a Shore. There is room for 3 more people on this tour.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us and I will send more information.:)

1313794377_DrachCaves.jpg.4cbb3e200b77d4406f94785308cf81f1.jpg

But I can't get them to open. Is anyone else having this problem???

Greetings everyone

I had the same problem many weeks ago until today and now I hope this message get to the right channel.

I have registered for the "cruise party/meet the people session" but have not received any confirmation, does it mean no event?? It states that is must have a minimum of 25, surely there are more than 25 like me who will be interested to meet the others?

Cheers

Hello fellow cruisers,

I am looking for someone to join us on a couple of private tours that I have booked. The first one is in Palma de Mallorca to the Drach Caves with Alex, who is a private tour guide. There is currently room for 10 more people on this excursion.

Second, Civitavecchia (Rome) The Best of Rome with skip the line tickets included. This excursion is through Share a Shore. There is room for 3 more people on this tour.

Please let me know if you are interested in joining us and I will send more information.:)

Shipwrecked ~ you actually need to post this request on the ROLL CALL for your sailing. This is an informational thread only to help you find your ROLL CALL for those sailing on CELEBRITY ships.

Follow this link to the MSC ROLL CALLS http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=524 and search for your initial sailing date with your ship name. That is where you should post your tour share request.

Edited by Host Anne

Greetings everyone

I had the same problem many weeks ago until today and now I hope this message get to the right channel.

I have registered for the "cruise party/meet the people session" but have not received any confirmation, does it mean no event?? It states that is must have a minimum of 25, surely there are more than 25 like me who will be interested to meet the others?

Cheers

Tjoafariba ~ sometimes there can be problems with the Celebrity Connections link. Normally (when it is working correctly), you get a confirmation that you are registered but there are occasionally glitches when it comes to Celebrity's website. That does NOT mean there will not be a party.

When you board the ship, if you do not receive an invitation in your stateroom on the first day, I recommend going to guest services and ask to speak to the event coordinator (they are responsible for making arrangements for the meet and greet). Tell Guest Services you are trying to find out when the Cruise Critic party will be held. They are all aware of these parties.

Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Hi guys, im on the Silhouette on August 17th, but cant find my roll call. The link keeps on saying "no thread specified" when clicking on it in the roll call section?

Here is the link to it:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968782

Have a great cruise:)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruisers - Joe my spouse and I Lise will be cruising on the July 25 on the reflection" and we are looking for 1 or 2 couples to share a cab from the port to the airport in Fumicino and August 4th. If anyone interest, or if someone's has availabilitycould you plese let me know - that way we can share the cost. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums