ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

Host Anne

I just noticed that there are 2 roll call threads going for my next cruise: Equinox 12/12/11!

Is there a way for a member to combine them or does the moderator do this?

If there was a standard format required for roll calls that consisted of Ship and Sail Date without extra verbiage (I know- it's hard to contain one's excitement when a cruise is booked and it's very tempting to express it in the thread title, but it does confuse someone trying to locate their roll call if they aren't familiar with the search feature) that might help eliminate duplication.

MS1999 ~ I'll pass your suggestion along to management. I did not see another roll call for your sailing.

KC ~ click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 to be taken to the page that lists all of the Celebrity ships. Select the ship for your sailing (you didn't mention the name of the ship or I would have found the exact thread for you) and then look for the date of your cruise. If you can't find it, come back and tell me what ship you are looking for and I'll find the roll call for you.

This is for Century, and I was interested in the May Pacific Northwest sailing. I usually don't have trouble looking up the roll calls even if I have not booked.:)

Thanks,

Kathy

Edited by KCcruisin07

I just noticed that there are 2 roll call threads going for my next cruise: Equinox 12/12/11!

The two threads have been merged.

Is there a way for a member to combine them or does the moderator do this?
Only a Board Host can merge two threads. If you find a duplicate, please use the Board's alert report.gif function to report each of the two and simply say in the box, "please merge."

If there was a standard format required for roll calls that consisted of Ship and Sail Date without extra verbiage (I know- it's hard to contain one's excitement when a cruise is booked and it's very tempting to express it in the thread title, but it does confuse someone trying to locate their roll call if they aren't familiar with the search feature) that might help eliminate duplication.
The standard format for titling roll calls appears in a sticky at the top of the Roll Call forum for each ship:

2. When you start a new thread, we suggest that you start your Roll call title with the departure date for your cruise using an alpha format for the date, followed by any other identifying wording you feel like using. Examples - June 31, 2008 - Best of Europe Cruise or 30 February, 2009 TransAtlantic from Southampton. Please don't use a numeric date format (06/03/09 is ambiguous, because it can be either June 3, 2009 or 6 March 2009.) Using a day first format (31 June 2008) or a month first format (June 31, 2008) is OK because there is no ambiguity. Finally, because each ship has its own forum it isn't necessary to include the ship name in the title.

Edited by Host Walt

Sometimes when I go to roll calls and Celebrity, I get a Royal Caribbean sheet.

Why does that happen?:confused:

There can only be two reasons for this.

1. A board malfunction of some kind. That malfunction can only be resolved by sending an email to community@cruisecritic.com with specific details of how you attemped to navigate to the Celebrity Roll Call boards.

2. You accidentally clicked on something as you were looking for the Celebrity Roll Call board.

I suggest you do as many do, once you find the board for your ship or specific cruise you bookmark it in your browser. That speeds up access tremendously and avoids this kind of problem.

Everytime we get an email from Celebrity my wife gets all excited and gets on the net and looks for specials. Well she found this one so here we go again.

budvtwin & chrisvtwin

2/01 Century

3/02 Millenium

2/02 Mercury

2/04 Millenium

2/05 Grandeur of the Seas

2/06 Century

2/07 Vision of the Seas

10/07 Summit

2/08 Constellation

7/08 Infinity

1/09 Constellation

11/09 Jewel of the Seas

11/10 Mercury

4/11 Equinox

Thank you, Walt (and everyone who tried to help!). I did find it with the link you provided. I will bookmark it, so I can find it in the future.

Kathy, I am going on the CENTURY in May. Please come say hello:):D

It is a wonderful itinerary!

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Thanks Anne

I just cannot find anything re May 7 Eclipse -there only appears to be 8 so far and there are 3 of us.

Looks like a quiet cruise. Trying to find info re tours in Florence also.

Mary

• 5 months later...

does anyone know anything about capri? how easy is it to do the blue grotto on your own? should I get a tour from the ship or is capri easy to maneuver? we will be there on 8/15 which I know is a busy day to go.

hressa ~ welcome to Cruise Critic. You won't get the information you are looking for on this thread. This is meant to only serve as an informational thread to help you find your roll call for your particular sailing.

While you can ask this question on your roll call, you may also want to check our PORTS OF CALL section. It is broken down by different areas. Here is a link to the Italy Ports of Call that includes a section on Capri. I suggest trying there to get the information you are seeking: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

• 5 weeks later...
hressa ~ welcome to Cruise Critic. You won't get the information you are looking for on this thread. This is meant to only serve as an informational thread to help you find your roll call for your particular sailing.

While you can ask this question on your roll call, you may also want to check our PORTS OF CALL section. It is broken down by different areas. Here is a link to the Italy Ports of Call that includes a section on Capri. I suggest trying there to get the information you are seeking: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=595

I am going on a back to back on Equinox (11/18 and 11/28) - is there a separate thread for people going on the back to back? If so, how do I access?

Wild Bird ~ they are two separate threads.

Here is a link to the November 18 cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333867&page=48http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333867&page=48

Here is a link to the November 28 cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182987&page=188

Both are very active roll call. Let us know if you need additional assistance. I'm sailing with you on the 28th!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I read the forums daily and have replied and also posteQ?, however, I never see my posts or replies. I am using an IPad.

You can find your previous posts to see if anyone has responded.

In the top right corner, after you log in, you will see Welcome (your user name)!

Click on your user name and it will bring up your profile.

There are tabs at the top of your profile that read: About Me, Statistics, Friends, Contact Info

Click on Statistics – This page will show you your post count and activity. There are also two links you can click.

If you click FIND ALL POSTS BY your user name - this should pull up a list of your posts. If you click a link to a certain post it will bring you to the message board – where you can see if anyone has responded.

However, the best way to stay informed on your posts is to make sure you have subscribed to every thread where you post. If your Automatic Thread Subscription Mode is still set as Do not subscribe (the default for new members), it can be changed if you like.

It is easy to do and here are the steps:

Click User CP

Click Edit Options

Scroll down to the Messaging & Notification section

Look at the Default Thread Subscription Mode box

Your choices in the drop down menu are as follows:

1. Do not subscribe

2. No email notification

3. Instant email notification

4. Daily email notification

5. Weekly email notification

Highlight (click) your new choice

Scroll to the bottom of the page & click the Save Changes button

• 2 weeks later...
Wild Bird ~ they are two separate threads.

Here is a link to the November 18 cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333867&page=48http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1333867&page=48

Here is a link to the November 28 cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1182987&page=188

Both are very active roll call. Let us know if you need additional assistance. I'm sailing with you on the 28th!

Thank you for your assistance.

• 3 months later...
Hi,

I have not been here for awhile. How do I find cruisers on western carribean cruise on equinox from march 5,2012 to march 17,2012? I want to post some questions and find out information on previous posts regarding the western carribbean.

Thanks

Here you go:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1256351

Does everyone who logs into a specific roll call automatically get included in the Roll Call list? For my cruise, my name is added to the roll call list and it doesn't have much information next to it. Others have their respective cabin numbers, names, dinner seating times, etc. If the roll calls list includes everyone who logged into that roll call, then the list would potentially include people that decided not to book that specific cruise.

Does everyone who logs into a specific roll call automatically get included in the Roll Call list? For my cruise, my name is added to the roll call list and it doesn't have much information next to it. Others have their respective cabin numbers, names, dinner seating times, etc. If the roll calls list includes everyone who logged into that roll call, then the list would potentially include people that decided not to book that specific cruise.

Hi:) Roll Calls are set up by folks who are sailing on a specific cruise

(as you have already mentioned). It is up to the individual if they

want to give their cabin number or any information at all.

So, one roll call might have all sorts of passenger information while

another roll call might not get that specific. There is no rule

for what information is posted.

But you are correct, if someone posted a list of folks and there

are some folks who cancelled? There might be names of people

on there who are not sailing. (Unless those cancelled come back and

say they are not going)..then the names can be removed.

It just depends on the people on the roll call and how much info

each person wants to give out, or not give out;)

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Lois R

• 2 weeks later...

WOW ~ thanks Lois for all the help you've given everyone. You're so kind!

Mitchden ~ on roll calls there is someone who usually "volunteers" to keep a list of cruisers along with the information that is posted. You need to determine who on your roll call is the keeper of that list. Normally, it's the person who has posted the list. You can post a message addressed to them with the info you'd like them to include and typically, they'll add the information for you when they update the list. Sometimes they'll also list their email address so you can email the information to them.

Let us know if you need additional info.

Thanks again, Lois for helping out!