ROLL CALLS - What Are They and How Do You Find Yours?

Host Anne

mtzmema ~ Here's a link to your roll call: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1043679

It's three pages long.

Once you post on the roll call, it's easy to find it again when you come back to the message boards. Click on the QUICK LINKS in the light pink bar below the Cruise Critic header at the top of this page (it's over to the right side of the page).

Then click SUBSCRIBED THREADS under MISCELLANEOUS and it will give you a list of all the threads you have posted to. Just click on the thread title and it will take you to the thread.

Hopefully this is helpful. Let me know if you have any other questions.

WELCOME to Cruise Critic!

Greetings from Lafayette Hill, PA (a suburb of Phila.) My wife Citygirl hooked me up with cruise critic and here I am. We don't classify ourselves as "cruisers" because we usually do a one destination vacation. But during the 2 year-long planning of our big 27 yr anniversary/50th birthday vacation, I suggested giving a cruise one more try. We've done Carnival (cheesy) and Norwegian (Alaska; cold and wet) Looking forward to meeting some nice people and enjoying the Sun!:)

Melody ~ have you been able to find the roll call for your cruise? If not, post your ship and cruise date here and I'll locate it for you and post a link. Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!

Melody ~ have you been able to find the roll call for your cruise? If not, post your ship and cruise date here and I'll locate it for you and post a link. Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising!

Yea don't know how it ended up here! Got it right now, thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Can I see a roll call if we haven't booked yet? We're considering the Eclipse TA in Oct., and I'd like to see the roll call and see what kind of advice or info is already posted. It looks to me like I need a booking #.

Edited by FritzG

Can I see a roll call if we haven't booked yet? We're considering the Eclipse TA in Oct., and I'd like to see the roll call and see what kind of advice or info is already posted. It looks to me like I need a booking #.

Hi Fritz, good morning..I am not Host Anne but as long as you are logged

into Cruise Critic you can check on any of the roll calls. No need

to have a booking number in order to read a thread (even a roll call thread:))

Edited by Lois R

Fritz, also I should have said that you can also post on the roll call

without a booking number too:)

Many times people post even if they haven't "officially booked" if they

want information:D

Edited by Lois R

Thanks for responding, Lois! You are so kind.

Fritz, one more comment. You will not need your booking number for anything here on Cruise Critic. You only need it when you are accessing something on the cruiseline's website. If you sign up for a Cruise Critic party, it asks for your booking ID but you are actually doing that right on the cruiseline website.

Happy researching. I love the Solstice-class ships and I'm sure that will include Eclipse!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

dear Anne,

when I want to register, I get message "Only purchased booking can register CruiseCritic Party".

Although the cruise was fully paid and on the Celebrity My Reservation it shows as "Status : confirmed".

Do you have any idea what this is about ?

Thanks,

Martine

There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

HAPPY SAILING!

Thanks for explanation. I've always wanted to ask this question: How come some of the threads are in bold? When I try to start a Roll Call I can't do it in bold.

• 2 weeks later...

Martine ~ when you got to sign up for the Cruise Critic party you need to enter your Celebrity booking ID in order to sign up. Are you entering your booking ID when you try to sign up?

Lovin ~ I've never tried to bold a thread title so I don't know. I've only ever tried to bold things within a post and youdo that with the tools that appear just above the text entry box. I'll see if I can figure it out.

Carolyn,

To see the roll call list, click on "Select a Ship" above the sub-forums and scroll down to Celebrity Galaxy at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206

Then click: "Enter your cruising info to participate!" on the right hand side above the Galaxy Results if you want to add your name.

Bonnie

I went to mine-Constellation 7/9/11 and can't seem to find the above???

• 2 months later...

Hi Anne, we are going on the Xpedition Feb 4, 2011. I've tried to sign up for Connections party but Xpedition isn't even listed on the Connections page. Am I looking in the wrong place? I posted a note saying we were going on that cruise but haven't had even one reply. Am I posting in the wrong place? I definitely need help but can't seem to find any.

Ello

Ellen Orenstein

Hi Ellen ~ you posted in the correct spot. And I didn't see a roll call previously started for your cruise. In looking over the Expedition roll calls, some don't have a lot of participation. Hang in there and hopefully you will find some folks to join you.

Do look at the long running Expedition thread found here....it's long but just read through the last several pages.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=158948&highlight=celebrity+expedition&page=452

ENJOY....you'll have a great time! This cruise is on my MUST DO list!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
There have been several threads started here recently on the main Celebrity board where cruisers are searching for others sailing with them. It occurred to me that we have so many new members here on Cruise Critic that many may not be aware that we have a ROLL CALL section within Cruise Critic where you can find others cruising with you.

Therefore, I thought I'd post a quick note to explain what ROLL CALLS are and how you can find one for your sailing.

WHAT ARE THEY?

Roll Calls were started for individual cruise lines so that our members could "meet up and chat with" others who they'lll be sailing with. This made it much easier to find others on your cruise instead of scrolling through all the threads here on the main Celebrity board.

HOW DO YOU FIND YOUR ROLL CALL?

There is a separate ROLL CALLS section on the main page of our BOARDS. Here is a link directly to the ROLL CALL area for Celebrity ships (called Celebrity Connections). http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 Click here and then locate your ship that you'll be cruising on. You'll then have to scroll and search for your particular cruise. Celebrity's roll calls are very popular and you can usually find a roll call for sailings within six months of your cruise.

WHAT IF I CAN'T FIND A ROLL CALL FOR MY SAILING?

You can start one! In the thread title, be sure to include the name of your ship, your sail date and year. Some roll calls get started very early, others start closer to sailing dates; some are very active; some tend to be a bit more quiet. Regardless of how active a roll call is, this is a great opportunity to meet some folks sailing with you.

IF MY ROLL CALL IS SLOW, CAN I POST IT ON THE MAIN BOARD?

No. Please don't post threads looking for others cruising with you on the main boards. Roll calls became so popular that there was a need to set up a separate area for them. We ask that you keep roll call discussions to your roll call in the ROLL CALL area and keep the main board open for general Celebrity cruise discussions.

If you need assistance with a roll call, please feel free to contac me or Host Walt and we'll be happy to help.

Hi Anne, I need help. I tried to register but it wouldn't work. I kept on getting a prompt to enter a correct last name. I called X Reservations but they were of no help. They would not register me-they said I had to do it online. I even tried to register a friend who is cruising with us but that didn't work either. Any ideas? Thanks, Curtis

Chaka ~ I'm not sure if you are referring to joining your roll call or signing up for the Celebrity Connections party on board. The roll calls reside here on cruise critic and you don't need to register for them. If it's the party you are trying to register for, you need your booking ID number and your name as it appears on your cruise confirmation. This is the same information you need to log onto Celebrity's website to take care of your on-line documentation. Have you tried logging on to MY CELEBRITY to see if your booking ID and name work there? If they do, they should work for signing up for the CONNECTIONS party to as it's working from the same database.

So let me know if you are referring to the roll call or the party and I'll try to assist further. Let me know what ship you are on and what your sailing date is.

Chaka ~ I'm not sure if you are referring to joining your roll call or signing up for the Celebrity Connections party on board. The roll calls reside here on cruise critic and you don't need to register for them. If it's the party you are trying to register for, you need your booking ID number and your name as it appears on your cruise confirmation. This is the same information you need to log onto Celebrity's website to take care of your on-line documentation. Have you tried logging on to MY CELEBRITY to see if your booking ID and name work there? If they do, they should work for signing up for the CONNECTIONS party to as it's working from the same database.

So let me know if you are referring to the roll call or the party and I'll try to assist further. Let me know what ship you are on and what your sailing date is.

Hi Anne, I was able to sign up for the CC Party, but I'm confused, I thought the Roll Call and the Party were one in the same. Thanks, Curtis

Hi Curtis ~ no, they are not the same. The Roll Call is a thread that resides here on Cruise Critic so people sailing together can chat before the cruise. The Connections Party is an event that is hosted on board by Celebrity for Cruise Critic members. Many that attend the party do participate in the roll call but it isn't required. Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Has Cruise Critic thought of installing a date selector for the Roll Calls? It is ridiculous how many varieties of date formats are used. That would make it very easy for people to find their sailing, and would prevents other threads from being started for the same sailing. I just started one for the Feb 24 Century sailing. It's hard to believe there isn't another one this close to the sailing.

MS1999 ~ I'll pass your suggestion along to management. I did not see another roll call for your sailing.

KC ~ click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=206 to be taken to the page that lists all of the Celebrity ships. Select the ship for your sailing (you didn't mention the name of the ship or I would have found the exact thread for you) and then look for the date of your cruise. If you can't find it, come back and tell me what ship you are looking for and I'll find the roll call for you.

• Administrators
Has Cruise Critic thought of installing a date selector for the Roll Calls? It is ridiculous how many varieties of date formats are used. That would make it very easy for people to find their sailing, and would prevents other threads from being started for the same sailing. I just started one for the Feb 24 Century sailing. It's hard to believe there isn't another one this close to the sailing.

Hi there!

The answer is yes, and at one point we had a functionality we called the "Roll Call Tool. Essentially this was an opt-in that allowed members to input their cruise information -- date and ship -- which would add their name to a listing. This was in no way tied to the forum, though, and it relied on members putting in all the correct information, including a link/url back to the ROLL CALL discussion. Eventually we had to close it down, because it was being spammed with nonsense.

Unfortunately, the current format of the ROLL CALLS does not allow for static choices to be selected from a database. Perhaps one day in the future, we would be able to create an entire new system -- including specific sail dates from the cruise lines. For the timebeing, though, we do our best to suggest subject line titles when creating ROLL CALL threads.

Laura