Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Cruise port thread has lots of info on Tampa.

Flight times between our city & Tampa really stink (think a 2 1/2 hour direct flight that becomes an 8 or 9 hour epic:eek: ). Seriously considering flying into MCO, enjoying Univeral or WDW - then driving down & return rental in the am @ port/Westshore dropoff; then driving back up to MCO.

If we do decide to suffer thru the long flight, i have booked the doubletree westshore; just a basic room w/airport & port shuttle around $100 - added breakfast deal for another $20.

The Chase Suites offer a cruise pkg...for us it would be $169+; it gets good reviews. They offer larger multi-level suites & rooms even have a fireplace.

Another option w/cruise pkg & larger accommodations is the Sailport - it was around $130 as i recall.

Be very careful of I-4...It's the road from Hell. Seriously, we're talking 1 hour traffic back-ups because someone's trying to change a tire on the side of the road...and it's not like their IN the road or anything! Accidents are prevalent on this road...it's bad. Leave yourself PLENTY of time to get there if you fly into Orlando and travel on the day the ship leaves.

Another option if you don't want to fly into Tampa is Sarasota - an hour south of Tampa. Or Ft Myers - 3 hours South of Tampa. (estimated times...) I-75 is an good road to travel...usually easy.

well, that depends...... I live here and yes there can be back ups but.....

the Legend sails Sunday to Sunday...even if you fly into Tampa a day early you shouldn't have any problems.

the traffic is work commuting mostly...not a problem on weekends usually.

Orlando is usally cheaper than Tampa airport also.....

btw...i doubt you'll use the fireplace here in Florida....

Just rebooked this cruise:D We had booked it for last month but had to cancel for injury. We had insurance:D We booked cabin 6264 (extended off back of ship). Anyone stayed in this room? How is it?

Can't wait. The count down begins.....again:D

well, that depends...... I live here and yes there can be back ups but.....

the Legend sails Sunday to Sunday...even if you fly into Tampa a day early you shouldn't have any problems.

the traffic is work commuting mostly...not a problem on weekends usually.

Orlando is usally cheaper than Tampa airport also.....

btw...i doubt you'll use the fireplace here in Florida....

Yeah, I live here, too...and maybe Sundays are different, but we've traveled to Orlando on Saturdays and have hit bad traffic before. I'm just saying, keep it in mind.

Yes...I'm doubting on the fireplace, too...we have one in our house and we keep candles in it. We've never lit a "fire" in it in all the years we've lived there.

Be very careful of I-4...It's the road from Hell. Seriously, we're talking 1 hour traffic back-ups because someone's trying to change a tire on the side of the road...and it's not like their IN the road or anything! Accidents are prevalent on this road...it's bad. Leave yourself PLENTY of time to get there if you fly into Orlando and travel on the day the ship leaves.

Another option if you don't want to fly into Tampa is Sarasota - an hour south of Tampa. Or Ft Myers - 3 hours South of Tampa. (estimated times...) I-75 is an good road to travel...usually easy.

:eek: ?? I had hoped for smooth sailing once we left the Disney area, since it's a Sunday - another fantasy shot down in flames lol. I just booked the new Animal Kingdom Villas, thought it'd be fun to check it out & see the savannah/animals in the am before we head to Tampa.

Was planning on hitting the road @ 10 or 11 am; need to drop off car@ Mariott near port...figured we'd have plenty of time.:confused:

i cannot remember what time the ship sails - when we must be on board --- 4:00 p.m.?

Carnival Website:

**We have four sittings for dinner on all ships except on Spirit-class ships (Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend and Carnival Miracle), where we have two (Main - 5:45 PM; Late - 8:15 PM).

Tom

Hey guys.

I'm a long time anonymous reader of this site/forums, but just registered since I am starting to plan a cruise for my 5th wedding anniversary.

This ship is one of the ones I like for the itinerary and as well as the so many positive reviews I've seen since it's been sailing to these ports of call.

I am not a cruise noob in the sense that I've never been on one before. My father worked @ the passenger ship terminal in NYC for 52 years at different piers. He started out with the Italian line and that was my first introduction to cruising as a kid (I'm 30 now) and ended up working there for most of his life once the cruise lines gave up ownership of the terminal and gave it to the government/private operators. It worked it's way up to Home lines and others. The last cruise I took was back in 1995 on the Regal Empress. So I've been on cruise (about 15), but not on a ship this big (and this really is a mid-sized ship now compared to some of the new ones).

I'll be following this thread closely as I'm really leaning on booking our cruise for the 12/9 sailing. It's a gift to my DW (I need to figure out what these DH/DS/DW/DG etc abbreviations mean) and her first cruise.

Lots of great information already in here as well.

We're waiting on DH's brother to decide if we'll be booking this year or not. DH wants to pay for brother's cruise (& his wife's) as a gift. He's saying if they don't want to go (??:confused: ?? WHY wouldn't someone want to go? Their reasons are not understandable to me!) than we would wait until next year to go on an Italy cruise...

Reading these message boards makes me want to call up the ol' brother-in-law and "convince" them...argh!!

Can someone who has sailed the Legend in the last couple months (from Tampa on a Western trip) let me know what time the Muster drill is on Sunday? I read on another post that some of them were during sailoff & that will be disappointing.

Thanks.

I would SO go if it was going to be paid for!!!

I'm with you. I would be there in a heartbeat. My husband doesn't have any siblings, maybe you could adopt him as your new brother-in-law.

Can someone who has sailed the Legend in the last couple months (from Tampa on a Western trip) let me know what time the Muster drill is on Sunday? I read on another post that some of them were during sailoff & that will be disappointing.

Thanks.

They can't be during Sailoff...The ship is not legally able to leave port until the Muster drill is complete. It's the law.

They can't be during Sailoff...The ship is not legally able to leave port until the Muster drill is complete. It's the law.

From my understanding the muster drill has to happen within a certain period of sailing, so it can be going on when sail-off occurs. There was a thread about this the other day, not on the Legend, just in general.

jon

These are obviously laws with flexibility. We have been on a few sailings where we were underway prior to the completion of the drill. Additionally, I have read of a few instances where the muster drill is not until the next day - extenuating circumstances.

Tom

I believe they have 24 hours to do the muster drill.

I know Costa does theirs the next morning about half the time.

I prefer to get it out of the way.

Really...Hmmm, I thought they had to complete before leaving port...They MUST be flexible. I'd HATE to do it after being underway...once the ship is moving, I don't want to have to bother with stuff like that!! That's cutting into MY time, then! I bet they have a harder time getting people to participate than the ships that do it before setting sail!

The Legend was my absolute favorite ship so far! (also Triumph and Valor).

You will absolutely love this ship. We took her two years ago out of New York. Embarkation was easy compared to going out of Miami (UGH!).

I especially loved her size because you could walk around the whole ship on each deck, no taking this elevator or that elevator to get around. Very easy to navigate.

Food and service was EXCELLENT! I would not hesitate to go on the Legend again.

We will be on the Legend in 10 days!! I was just wondering on what deck do you enter the ship? I love when you get to enter through the lobby and get to see the atrium. It isn't very exciting when you have to enter through a deck with just cabins. I've done both and much prefer the grand entrance. Does anyone know?

You will enter on the lobby deck and can see the atrium as you enter, deck 4 I believe. I was on the 5/6 sailing.

I can't compare the Legend to the Valor or Liberty, haven't been on them. I did like the deck plans and the only other ship larger that I have been on was NCL Sun, found the Legend easier to get around on.

Our muster drill was before Sail Away, they even announced how long it would be before we went under the SkyWay bridge. That is really an awesome sight, and should be viewed if you are not at dinner. Heck, even if at dinner some get up go take pictures and come back.

Have fun!