Place to get Diet Cokes in San Juan

Is there any place near the pier in San Juan to pick up some diet cokes for our room? My DH and I both love diet coke and need access to it 24 x 7. I don't want to put any in my luggage, but would love to grab some before we board.

:D

Is there any place near the pier in San Juan to pick up some diet cokes for our room? My DH and I both love diet coke and need access to it 24 x 7. I don't want to put any in my luggage, but would love to grab some before we board.

There's lots of places to get Diet Coke in San Juan. The 20 oz. bottles were only $1. I can't live without DC and i managed to find it in every port. You'll have no trouble finding some!!

In OSJ on Plaza de Armas at Calles San Francisco and Cruz, there is a Walgreens (no alcohol beverages), another drug/conveniences store and a Publo supermarket where you can pick up sodas, bottle water, wine, beer and other supplies.

If at the Pan Am cruise terminal on Isla Grande in nearby Miramar on Calle Ponce de Leon there is a Walgreens and a Pueblo supermarket (at 670) where you can shop. If taking a taxi to the ship there, Ponce de Leon runs parallel to Baldorioty de Castro expressway ( # 26 ) that goes to Isla Grande from the Luis Munoz Marin airport ( SJU int. ). It is the main drag in Miramar, so the taxi driver will know where to find these stores there and it is not out of the way. You could easily stop and have the taxi wait while you stocked up at either. They are about two blocks apart and the Pueblo has the better selection of the above.

They serve Coke products on the ship--if you drink that much, you should just get the soda card--then there will be no need to haul a bunch of stuff onboard! Even if you buy it "a la carte", it's only $1.50 per can. The soda card gets you fountain soda--anytime, anywhere.

They serve Coke products on the ship--if you drink that much, you should just get the soda card--then there will be no need to haul a bunch of stuff onboard! Even if you buy it "a la carte", it's only $1.50 per can. The soda card gets you fountain soda--anytime, anywhere.

Thanks, but my problem is waking up at 2 AM and being thirsty. I don't want to have to go down to the bar to get a soda. Or call room service and wait.

Thanks, but my problem is waking up at 2 AM and being thirsty. I don't want to have to go down to the bar to get a soda. Or call room service and wait.

You don't have to wait, just purchase a couple of cans before you retire and keep them on ice or in the cooler. We were in San Juan years ago and their diet coke tasted nothing like the diet coke we were used to, however that may have changed :D

###

You will have pop cans in your room (or refridgerator, if your cabin has one, most cabins on the larger ships do) if you need a 2AM fix. I love Coke and prefer canned or bottled pop so I don't buy a pop card (fountain only - yuk!) and just buy one whenever I want, and it's still less than the pop card.

That being said, if you are docked in Old San Juan, it's a short walk to the Walgreens as described above. Or there is a little convenience store at the Plaza Colon (closer to the pier) on the upper left corner of the plaza.

Just about every port has a little shop at the pier selling pop and munchies.

... if you are docked in Old San Juan, it's a short walk to the Walgreens as described above. Or there is a little convenience store at the Plaza Colon (closer to the pier) on the upper left corner of the plaza.../quote]

The Pan Am Pier is not in OSJ. Pay attention to robtulipe's advice.

We were in San Juan years ago and their diet coke tasted nothing like the diet coke we were used to, however that may have changed :D

###

I was in San Juan last year. The diet coke still didn't taste the same as in the US, but it was seriously the best diet coke I've ever had. I enjoyed it so much more than the US version. I wish I could've bought a bunch and brought it home!

Archived