Bwi to Mia airfare....is this a good price?

We are cruising out of Miami January 6th 2008. I've been looking at airfare from Baltimore or Washington for that timeframe. Is $209 including taxes a good price for January? I know its A LOT cheaper now, but how about in January?

You never know.For now it may be a bit high.Sun,Mon,Fri are the highest price gays.Southwest wont have their rates out for a few more months.Also check FLL-Fort Laurerdale.Sometimes their rates are lower than Miami.With the rates for fuel heading up 200 bucks may be a good rate by then........Frank:)

Thanks for the replies! I am considering fort lauderdale, but I was hoping to get a hotel that provides a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and also to the cruiseport (Miami). Would this work for Ft. Lauderdale? Or, for that matter, are there hotels that provide this service in Miami?

try farecompare.com. Using this web site I got round trip from BWI to Miami for under $100 per ticket. Now it was for April, not January, but you never know. It will also tell you if the fares are the lowest you get or not.

You might want to check the "east coast departure ports". You will get more Miami/Ft. Lauderdale info there.

The Multi carrier web sites don't include Southwest.Right now you can fly round trip to Florida for $100.There is a good chance that prices will go down.Over the past few years we have been paying 59 each way.The peak days,times and non-stops fill up fast and a price not available on day will suddenly appear the next.Southwest and Airtran will sell coach tickets from 49-299 on the same flight,non-stops can be cheaper than layovers.Get on Southwest email list.They will send you alerts on sales.Airtran usually matches and if you use a website that consolidates the info,double check with the airlines website because some will give better options for the same price..........................Frank:)

Try Kayak.com or sidestep.com. Found great prices on both of those. Definitely look into FLL as I got NY to FLL for 190$ per person round trip. It is a 18$ pp shuttle ride to Miami and you can stay near the port at Holiday Inn or intercontinental neither of which have shuttles but it is a 10$ cab ride for the whole cab not person to the port. Very easy.

$209 is a decent fare, as others have noted flying into FLL may be a bit cheaper. Those $59 fares quickly become about $75 when taxes etc are included, plus the add'l cost of the longer transfer to Miami will eat away at some of the savings. I personally have been going into FLL for MIA cruises but that just works for me, many folks think the MIA airport is a zoo compared to FLL. Good luck with your decision.

We like MIA!!! It's easy to navigate and we've never had lines that didn't keep moving!

If that $209.00 is at a time you like, on a carrier you like, and you have the seats you want--book it! I'd much rather pay a bit extra on a "real" airline, than fly SW and have to be herded onto the plane like cattle! If it's a non-stop, so much the better! The prices will probably fall as you approach November. They tend to drop about 2 months out, then start rising again.

I flew from BWI to FLL the last two January's for cruises and paid near $200 each time through Southwest. SWA doesn't go to Miami but like others have said, check other airports such as DCA, IAD, or even Philadelphia. With 4 airports to choose from, you should be able to get a good deal. AA has a hub in Miami if you really need a non-stop flight but they lost my luggage both times I flew with them so never again for me. The other option is try Kayak, it allows you to search coming into one airport and out another. Maybe you can get lucky and fly into FLL and MIA home. Palm Beach airport is about a half hour north of FLL which a lot of people do not fly into (or know it's there). I really like Palm Beach because it's a small airport with only about 30 gates. You can get in and out fast.

I have to agree with crusinmama. Try Dulles (IAD). We were shocked that we were able to get $99.00 one way flights to San Juan (Non-stop!!!) I couldn' t believe it and booked SO Quick. As we are taking 5 people on our next cruise we saved a BOATLOAD of money. Now granted it is more than an hour and a half drive from us. ( We usually fly out of Philadelphia) But when you are talking a savings of almost 550.00 who cares. By the way our final price for tickets was 242.00 pp with all the taxes and fees. I found that sidestep and Kayak are the BEST sites for airline prices.

By the way, as prices flucuate constantly, you never know what you may get. I checked the same flights that we booked just yesterday and they are now at 307.00 pp. ( This is for a cruise 5 months away in October) I say if you are comfortable with your price just book it and don't look back.

I see $177 incl taxes, etc. USAir today. Prices are so volatile...$209 isn't the worst, but $30 apiece is good savings. IAD may be cheaper than BWI, but the time and expense of getting there more than negates any price advantage, IMHO.

Archived