Pools - Salt or Fresh Water

Considering the following ships for next year but I need to know if their pools are salt or fresh water.

Mariner of the Seas

Liberty and Freedom of the Seas

Thanks.

Mariner is salt water

Freedom/Liberty FRESH WATER!!!!!!! (These are the only 2 on RCCL that are!)

The Freedom series, as of now, are the only ships I believe with fresh water pools.

Gregg

Enchantment two outdoor pools consist of one fresh and one salt water.

Thanks all for your answers. You have just eliminated RCCL for me as a cruise line. I am planning on taking my grandsons on a cruise and they both break out in a rash from salt water. Obviously they are not beach kids. Thanks again.

Thanks all for your answers. You have just eliminated RCCL for me as a cruise line. I am planning on taking my grandsons on a cruise and they both break out in a rash from salt water. Obviously they are not beach kids. Thanks again.

I think you miss read the posts. Liberty of the Seas is a Freedom class ship and has fresh water pools!

Thanks all for your answers. You have just eliminated RCCL for me as a cruise line.
:confused:

I think you miss read the posts. Liberty of the Seas is a Freedom class ship and has fresh water pools!
Ditto!

OP - 2 of the 3 ships you asked about (Freedom & Liberty) have fresh water pools!! And the picture cruisinmama06 posted of the H2O zone looks pretty cool.

No, I read correctly. Mariner was the one I was really interested in. Liberty and Freedom are not high on our list (they're too big). We have other options. The Mariner has an itinerary we like at the time we can go. We will keep looking. Who knows, we may end up on Liberty or Freedom.

|Has anyone been on the monarch of the seas? Are the pools salt water? We are going in december on the 4 day cruise out of LA with my 19 year old daughter to see if she can handle a cruise. She gets bad motion sickness in the car , but she really wants to go on a cruise. But she doesn't likesaltwater pools and so if thisship only has saltwater then I would rethink it altogether. Anyhelp would be great!!!!

Thanks

Kim

No, I read correctly. Mariner was the one I was really interested in. Liberty and Freedom are not high on our list (they're too big). We have other options. The Mariner has an itinerary we like at the time we can go. We will keep looking. Who knows, we may end up on Liberty or Freedom.
Thanks for the further explanation. I think you can see why some of us were confused that you listed 3 ships and when 2 of them were confirmed to have fresh water pools you came back with, well, that eliminates RCCL for me. It was a bit contradictory.

Have a great cruise whatever you choose! :)

I've never swam in salt water, what is the difference?
Um, it's salty! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :p ;))

I assume you've been in a chlorinated pool. In a salt water pool you do NOT want to open your eyes underwater like you might do in a chlorinated pool. OUCH! You are a bit more buoyant in salt water. It's like being in the ocean but if you've never done that I don't know how else to describe it. So I'm back to it's salty! :)

Um, it's salty! (Sorry, couldn't resist! :p ;))

I assume you've been in a chlorinated pool. In a salt water pool you do NOT want to open your eyes underwater like you might do in a chlorinated pool. OUCH! You are a bit more buoyant in salt water. It's like being in the ocean but if you've never done that I don't know how else to describe it. So I'm back to it's salty! :)

LOL, Ok I assumed it was salty :D Is it harder on your hair than chlorinated pools? My hair is so dry to begin with.

Nicole

There's chlorine in that saltwater.... found this awhile back,

Even the salt water probably has cholrine....... I saw this sometime ago....

]Posted by nrdsb4 back in November.....

I e-mailed RCI with this question on the Mariner pools and received this response:

Dear RCI customer:

The ships have a procedure in place to ensure that the swimming pools are drained, cleaned and sanitized.

The pool water is drawn from the sea.

While in recirculation mode, the swimming pool water shall be filtered and disinfected by bromination or chlorination to maintain a free halogen residual 1.0-3.00 mg/L (ppm). Halogenation and pH tests shall be carried out every 4 hours.

Enjoy your cruise !!

Thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sandra Brent

Customer Service Representative

Whenever I swim in salt water (a pool or the sea) I feel gritty when I get out. The salt in the water leaves a very fine coating on your skin (and in your hair.) Typically, ships will have a shower right next to the pool area, and a quick rinse in fresh water is all that it takes to get rid of that gritty feeling.

I actually like the boyancy of the salt water...it's kinda fun!

|Has anyone been on the monarch of the seas? Are the pools salt water? We are going in december on the 4 day cruise out of LA with my 19 year old daughter to see if she can handle a cruise. She gets bad motion sickness in the car , but she really wants to go on a cruise. But she doesn't likesaltwater pools and so if thisship only has saltwater then I would rethink it altogether. Anyhelp would be great!!!!

Thanks

Kim

Monarch is all Salt Water. All of their ships are except Freedom and Liberty.

I think you are gonna have a hard time finding a ship with Freshwater. most are saltwater.

I am not a dermatologist, nor do I play one at CC, but I am highly skeptical of a salt water allergy. I mean it you are allergic to salt water, that would to me imply that you would be allergic to salt on food. So, I did a bit of research, I could find no actual cases of salt water allergies. I am guessing that your grandchildren had a case of seabathers eruption, which is probably caused by something in the salt water. Therefore my guess is that they would just fine on any ship with any type of pool.

http://www.aaaai.org/aadmc/ate/dermatitis.html

Fitz, I think Princess has a lot of freshwater pools, from past discussions on this topic, but I haven't personally cruised on Princess so I can't vouch for it.

jc

Hi Fitz, hope all is well with you. Princess does have fresh water pools but no beautiful big dining rooms and the staff is just a bit standoffish. I do so love RCCL for the warmth of their staff and big atriums and diniing rooms.

I will say that a cruise on any ship is better than no cruise at all.

Lois

Vision of the Seas 10-07-07

Archived