Live from Barcelona - Brilliance Pre Cruise

Well I am here in Barcelona taking a break from walking around in the local internet cafe. 1 hour of time for 1 euro - which is way more than I need. :) The city is beautiful and the weather is great - 75 degrees with a light breeze and partly sunny.

I flew in yesterday and after a short nap, wandered through town and made sure to check out the new port where we will board Brilliance on Saturday. The facility and port area look very nice, I cant wait to see her docked!

Tomorrow I am taking a day trip to Montserrat for some hiking.

Thats it for now! Time to get back out there!

Well I am here in Barcelona taking a break from walking around in the local internet cafe. 1 hour of time for 1 euro - which is way more than I need. :) The city is beautiful and the weather is great - 75 degrees with a light breeze and partly sunny.

I flew in yesterday and after a short nap, wandered through town and made sure to check out the new port where we will board Brilliance on Saturday. The facility and port area look very nice, I cant wait to see her docked!

Tomorrow I am taking a day trip to Montserrat for some hiking.

Thats it for now! Time to get back out there!

Patrick - have a wonderful cruise. Rita and I have a friend, Claire Umbrianna, from Massachusetts who will be on that sailing with you. She arrives in Barcelona with two friends tomorrow morning. I believe that LProcter will also be on your sailing. He is from Canada and perhaps you will run into him and his wife, LuAnn at the Meet & Mingle.

What hotel are you staying at in Barcelona?

Renaissance Hotel at the Airport. The location is a bit inconvenient, but I'm using Marriott points and it's free, so I can't really complain. The hotel is a bit tragic on the outside, but very nice on the inside.

Patrick - have a wonderful cruise. Rita and I have a friend, Claire Umbrianna, from Massachusetts who will be on that sailing with you. She arrives in Barcelona with two friends tomorrow morning. I believe that LProcter will also be on your sailing. He is from Canada and perhaps you will run into him and his wife, LuAnn at the Meet & Mingle.

Thanks for your good wishes. I'm not sure if I'll go to the M&M, but I will keep an eye out for the folks you mention!

Dear Patrick,

We are doing the same cruise in July and can't wait to hear from you about everything! Especially interested in if RCCL provides shuttles from the different ports into the city centers.

Have a great time- seems like a trip of a lifetime!

GMoney,

Have a really great time!! :) :)

We're doing the Med Greek Isles on Brilliance next August. OMG... how am I going to wait that long?

I hope you write a review on your return, I'm sure I'm one of many who can't wait to read all about your trip!

Please let me know how you got to Montserrat from your hotel and how much it is. we are interested in visiting the Monastery. Thank you

I went to Montserrat today; it was awesome. I will post details when I get back, but I really enjoyed it and had an excellent adventure. It is very easy to get to by train. More to come when I get back...

Archived